Important News: http://membres.lycos.fr/dolph/ Is Down

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Important News: http://membres.lycos.fr/dolph/ Is Down

Postby Nick. V on 14 Jan 2004, 05:15

Hey!

I am not sure if anyone here might know of me, but I am a member of the following forums:

-Jackie Chan
-Van Damme
-Steven Seagal
-Jet Li

I also post at Modern Kung Fu Cinema(Under jackiechan66), and at Neo Modus Stunt People Forum.

I am about to purchase Hidden Agenda, and I wanted to check on some important information concerning the movie. But the site isn't responding:

http://membres.lycos.fr/dolphgallery/blackjack/bj.html (Sorry don't know the address for the main page)

While I think this site is great, that site was truly amazing. And a lot of hard work has been put in. Also they had a very important page about "Cuts" being made to his films. Does anyone possibly have some of this information, or can contact its manager to see if he can host it at another site?
Nick. V

Postby Dawn on 14 Jan 2004, 08:58

That site is now integrated with the main Definitive Dolph Site.

Here is a link for former drafts and deleted scenes: http://www.gmrmedia.com/dolph/dolph-in/deleted.html
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Nick. V on 14 Jan 2004, 23:25

Thanks a lot for the info :)

I am glad to see the site is alive. But I am rather disappointed at how they butchered the original screenplay. I have not yet seen the movie, but it sounds very different from the original. Les Weldon(Responsible for Replicant and In Hell) wrote the script but I am not sure it was the original or the re-write.

Question

How much of the original plot is still present in the cut Version? (I haven’t seen the movie so please put Spoiler Warning if you wish to discuss twists or any suspense scenes).

P.S I hope the manager will work on that page a bit longer, because some photos do not open.
Nick. V

Postby Jox on 15 Jan 2004, 00:16

If you didn't see the movie, I don't see how you can judge what they did with the original script. Les Weldon is writer and re-writer in collaboration the director Marc S. Grenier I think, but the final movie isn't that much slaughtered, just details and final twist are differents. If you want to see how a script can be butchered, look at the "Bridge of Dragons" page at http://www.gmrmedia.com/dolph/dolph-in/dragons.html. As for the pcs that don't open, don't worry it will be re-worked but I hardly find time just now, be patient! (I remind all of you that the site is in his "light" version before all the problems are solved, in the deleted scenes and the screenshot sections most notably).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nick. V on 15 Jan 2004, 00:36

If you didn't see the movie, I don't see how you can judge what they did with the original script. Les Weldon is writer and re-writer in collaboration the director Marc S. Grenier I think, but the final movie isn't that much slaughtered, just details and final twist are differents.

That’s true; I usually never judge a movie by reviews or someone's word before I get a chance to see it myself. But when I hear a movie has been re-written or changed I get a bit suspicious, because usually incompetent people are responsible for the changes. Thanks for informing me about Les Weldon's involvement; I am going to buy the movie tomorrow.

If you want to see how a script can be butchered, look at the "Bridge of Dragons"

Yes, I saw this a year or so ago, and I was very disappointed. The original story was very good, and this could have been a great dramatic film, which would showcase Dolph's talent as an actor.

As for the pcs that don't open, don't worry it will be re-worked but I hardly find time just now, be patient! (I remind all of you that the site is in his "light" version before all the problems are solved, in the deleted scenes and the screenshot sections most notably).

I wasn't implying that I want to see improvements immediately; I understand that managers of sites are very busy. Anyways at the moment you have done a great job with the site, and I hope you will keep it up.
Nick. V

Postby Jox on 15 Jan 2004, 14:54

You know, even with great material in hand, every movie is rewrote several times (there's always at least a dozen drafts of a script) and often with very different storylines... You can't help it, it's part of the process, and sometimes it's for good, most of the time it's getting a more mainstream movie. And I can tell you that each Dolph Lundgren movie has been rewrote, I now own a good dozen of Dolph movie scripts and hope to add info about that to the site.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: Important News: http://membres.lycos.fr/dolph/ Is Down

Postby JJPatterson on 17 Jan 2004, 02:47

Nick. V wrote:Hey!

I am not sure if anyone here might know of me, but I am a member of the following forums:

-Jackie Chan
-Van Damme
-Steven Seagal
-Jet Li

I also post at Modern Kung Fu Cinema(Under jackiechan66), and at Neo Modus Stunt People Forum.

I am about to purchase Hidden Agenda, and I wanted to check on some important information concerning the movie. But the site isn't responding:

http://membres.lycos.fr/dolphgallery/blackjack/bj.html (Sorry don't know the address for the main page)

While I think this site is great, that site was truly amazing. And a lot of hard work has been put in. Also they had a very important page about "Cuts" being made to his films. Does anyone possibly have some of this information, or can contact its manager to see if he can host it at another site?

I think I seen u one the Van Damme forum :D
JJPatterson

Postby hansson55 on 17 Jan 2004, 03:37

I don’t know how I missed it before, but it was the first time I read the part about the old Bridge of Dragons script.
It’s funny because I remember that at some point I wondered about the name of the film (why Bridge of Dragons, there where not a single bridge in the film) the reason got much clearer. :lol:
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby Nick. V on 18 Jan 2004, 21:22

I think I seen u one the Van Damme forum

Your user name sounds familiar. And I remember there’s at least one or two Dolph fans on the Van Damme Forum.

I don’t know how I missed it before, but it was the first time I read the part about the old Bridge of Dragons script.
It’s funny because I remember that at some point I wondered about the name of the film (why Bridge of Dragons, there where not a single bridge in the film) the reason got much clearer

I had a similar experience. At least they could have made changes to the name before releasing it. It could have been something, but unfortunately the script got butchered. And even the name sounded good, Bridge of Dragons. Before Dolph started working on it and I heard the name, I thought it was going to be a fantasy movie.
Nick. V

Postby Mosquito on 18 Jan 2004, 22:08

Hey Nick, it is a bit distracting that you use the "bold" tag for quoting. You can just hit the "quote" button in the upper right corner of the posting that you'd like to quote or you can use [quote] for the beginning and [/quote] for the end of a quotation. That way your quotes look like the others and it is easier to read.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion