Movie Materials

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Movie Materials

Postby Terminator on 04 May 2005, 15:20

I still wonder where all the things have gone to. All the buildings like in "Silent Trigger" where they just built up such a huge building (maybe more fictional, like a movie set in parts and pc animation...). Or from Rocky IV: Does anyone know where this big Russian picture of Dolph was taken to? The one that was used while they played the Russian antheme in honour to Ivan Drago.
Did Dolph actually keep the things or did they dump it all off?
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Jox on 04 May 2005, 19:45

Most of the time, movie sets are destroyed because there's no way you can store all of them, even for a major studio company... as for props, sometimes the studio keeps them, sometimes they sell them or destroy them as well, or the actors can keep some... but all this is overall property of the production company...
Jox
Site Admin

Re: Movie Materials

Postby Dawn on 05 May 2005, 07:11

Terminator wrote:I still wonder where all the things have gone to. All the buildings like in "Silent Trigger" where they just built up such a huge building (maybe more fictional, like a movie set in parts and pc animation...). Or from Rocky IV: Does anyone know where this big Russian picture of Dolph was taken to? The one that was used while they played the Russian antheme in honour to Ivan Drago.
Did Dolph actually keep the things or did they dump it all off?

From what I remember, the outside shots of the building in Silent Trigger are actually from a scale model and not a real building.

The big sheet with Drago on it was sold on eBay I think in 2000 or 2001. I'm not sure how much of anything actors get or keep. I do think he said in the Making of MOTU that he was keeping the He-Man boots, but that was a long time ago, so I am not for certain.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 05 May 2005, 12:12

If I could contact that person who has bought the giant poster... does anyone know it's real size? It surely cost several thousand €, $ or whatever... it was trade within America, wasn't it? Just around 7x10 metres or so... oO
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dawn on 06 May 2005, 07:32

Terminator wrote:If I could contact that person who has bought the giant poster... does anyone know it's real size? It surely cost several thousand €, $ or whatever... it was trade within America, wasn't it? Just around 7x10 metres or so... oO

I am hoping whoever bought it will end up reselling it someday on eBay. eBay does not keep history past 90 days now, so there is no way of knowing who bought it. They also protect buyers more than they used to. Its mucher harder to get an e-mail address of a member unless you have done business with them.

Not sure how large that was. I imagine it would not fit on any wall in my apartment! :)
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 07 May 2005, 14:08

lol, I'd then have to enwrap it all and then... oO
*oversized*
But who was the artist honoured with this work? But I could then hang it onto the roof end then let it hang down to the ground. :D
That's the commercial it is, right? And I wonder that trade within eBay just started out sending this object around the world by 2000/2001...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Terminator on 13 Aug 2005, 19:30

Does anybody know where this large poster of Ivan Drago is hanging/is being enwrapped??

Terminator
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 22 Aug 2005, 17:02

Yeah, I was interested in that thing, too. When I asked on the old board (a few years ago) they told me that it just had been on ebay. Darn! But I guess it wasn't affordable anyway. Plus, where would you like to put that thing up? Nobody lives in a hall. ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 23 Aug 2005, 11:19

By the way, does anyone know the exact size of this portrait- like poster?

@ Mosquito: Well, after enwrapping it, I'd just show it on the side wall of our house. LOL
With spotlights, to show the great effects. lol
Terminator
Regular

Return to Dolph's Movies