A MAN WILL RISE (T. Jaa /V. Rojanapanich, 2013) (unfinished)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: A MAN WILL RISE (Tony Jaa, 2014) (filming)

Postby Jox on 20 Apr 2013, 14:58

@ bomaz Thanks I will! ;)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 20 Apr 2013, 15:08

Yeah! Give us some of those kicks in the movie too Dolph!
The old guy still got it! 8)

Did they all get matching jeans with the indian print? Dolph wears them at the press conference and Jaa sports them in antoher pic. Doubt it's the same pair :wink:
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 20 Apr 2013, 15:20

preacher wrote:Did they all get matching jeans with the indian print? Dolph wears them at the press conference and Jaa sports them in antoher pic. Doubt it's the same pair :wink:

I've seen a pic with 3 or 4 of them are wearing these jeans, maybe it was a gift from the production instead of the usual crew t-shirts...

shooby wrote:does anyone know how it ends ? Cause when you see the title or that it was a "action comedy" I have the impression that at the end the group of mercenaries will switch sides and go with the villagers

I have no idea what you're asking! :wink:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 21 Apr 2013, 11:20

Do Tony's previous films have a lot of visual affects? because this one seem to feature a lot of green screen work, at least in terms of set backgrounds for some scenes...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 21 Apr 2013, 12:26

Not in Ong Bak 2 (directe by Jaa and Rittikrai). I hope the cgi won't be a big part of the movie, because it's not somthing the Thaï are confortable with :s
bomaz

Postby Ringy on 21 Apr 2013, 16:26

Yeah!! Tony is kawaii and suteki!!!! love him!!
and, so...
https://www.facebook.com/TheProtector2

my handsome guy Dolph 8)

->> dolph's back

OH YEAH!!!! Gorgeous same outfit jeans 8) YES!!!!
aka Hanako
Ringy

Postby Ringy on 21 Apr 2013, 16:49

aka Hanako
Ringy

Postby Jox on 03 May 2013, 15:03

Can't say for sure it sounds like filming has wrapped entirely.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby guns on 06 May 2013, 06:49

i love Dolph
guns
Regular

Re: A MAN WILL RISE (Tony Jaa, 2014) (in post-production?)

Postby Jox on 14 May 2013, 15:29

Stuntman Damian Mavis praises the AMWR production:
Here in Thailand we often complain about productions and bad treatment and bad working conditions on set. We don't often get a chance to say anything positive. So I'd like to praise the production of Tony Jaa's new movie "A Man Will Rise". I noticed the difference immediately when the first thing they asked me to do was lie in the extremely hot sun. When I work as a stuntman I'm used to really uncomfortable conditions and don't complain, but I was shocked when a crew member ran out and held an umbrella over me to block the sun between takes, and offered to get me something to drink and ushered me to go sit down in the shade if it was going to take too long between takes. Quite the opposite of almost 99% of the productions I work on here. I saw similar treatment of all extras and stuntmen and actors. I talked to David Ismalone, one of the main characters and part of the production team and he said they wanted everyone no matter how small their role to feel important, they know that unhappy unappreciated extras will not give as good a performance as the ones that feel valued. Even if they are background it will hurt the production if they aren't happy, for the best quality production just treat everyone a bit better and get better on screen results. WOW, total genius and yet so hard for most productions to understand. I'm not surprised though as David has been working here in the industry even longer than I have and things that we see are wrong we would fix if we had the chance, well he has the chance and good for him and the production for doing things in a way that will only be positive for their production and in the end, make them a better film which will result in greater profits!

https://www.facebook.com/damian.mavis
Jox
Site Admin

Re: A MAN WILL RISE (Tony Jaa, 2014) (in post-production)

Postby Jox on 08 Jul 2013, 17:23

New pics from the set:

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 22 Jul 2013, 18:41

Conan Stevens (tallest guy on the set):
My most recent project is A Man Will Rise starring Tony Jaa and a long time inspiration of mine – Dolph Lundgren. It has us acting in an Asian spaghetti western, it’ll be action/comedy and of course Dolph, David Ismalone and myself play the hired gun cowboys on choppers. Working with Dolph was interesting, it’s always good to watch how long term, very experienced actors work (both on and off set). Dolph was a complete gentleman at all times. His Stunt double, Tony Messenger, and I got along very well – we had common associates back in Australia (he’s English but visited us colonials for a few years).

http://hbowatch.com/a-conversation-with-conan-stevens/

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 14 Sep 2013, 12:46

I don't like the sounds of it:
Danny Quesnel it says, A Man Will Rise is the next film after TYG2 and also Skin Trade starring you and Dolph Lundgren on IMDB

Tony Jaa Official Yes but that is not correct. A Man Will Rise is currently on hold. My next film is Fast and Furious 7, that will be followed by Skin Trade.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 14 Sep 2013, 17:51

Crap, I hope it's just a translation misunderstanding. :(
bomaz

Postby TEMIRLAN on 14 Sep 2013, 18:32

bomaz wrote:Crap, I hope it's just a translation misunderstanding.

See no problem with it. FAF7 is already filming and SkinTrade still doesn't have exactly filming date.
TEMIRLAN

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies