"Race to the Scene" (TV show, 2013)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: "RACE TO THE SCENE" (TV show, 2013) - premieres on June

Postby Jox on 20 May 2013, 21:40

Grand Central Station, NYC. This will get bigger exposure in the US than any solo Dolph flick since the days of MOTU / RS / ICIP...
Jox
Site Admin

"RACE TO THE SCENE" (TV show, 2013) - premieres on June 6

Postby Mosquito on 20 May 2013, 21:47

Jox wrote:Grand Central Station, NYC. This will get bigger exposure in the US than any solo Dolph flick since the days of MOTU / RS / ICIP...

Let's hope
a) it helps
b) it's worth it.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Re:

Postby Geoff on 21 May 2013, 11:18

Im actually really looking forward to this (if I ever get to bloody see it in the UK) I dont think its going to break the TV ratings by any means but would really like to see it get a cult status that people talk about.
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Jox on 21 May 2013, 12:13

http://www.chulavista.com/articles/Ente ... reelz.html
RACE TO THE SCENE

Jeri Jacquin, Movie Maven

Coming to REELZ CHANNEL June 5th at 9 p.m. comes a reality show with places that are recognized by fans with RACE TO THE SCENE.

Everyone loves escaping to the movies. The only thing more thrilling is being in one. Action star Dolph Lundgren is the colorful host of this three team competition. After he explains what the objection is for each team, Lundgren gets to play cheerleader – as only Lundgren can!

There is a slight difference here, what Lundgren is explaining to them is obstacle courses based on scenes from blockbuster movies. Contestants race to iconic movie locations competing in stunts from films like TRANSFORMERS, E.T. EXTRA TERRESTRIAL, TERMINATOR 2; JUDGEMENT DAY, and SPEED.

All of this to win $10,000!

FINAL WORD: Lundgren is actually pretty funny as he dresses up in the clothing of iconic characters. He isn’t the only one wearing some memorable outfits either as the contestants get to partake as well.

The season opener has contestants staring out on the same field that Forrest Gump raced down in the film FORREST GUMP. Running with braces on their legs, each team must race through an obstacle course after catching a football to the end zone.

Then, to an underground tunnel that was used in the film INDEPENDENCE DAY where each team must put together a puzzle that will lead them to saving the world from aliens. Of course I’m leaving out the details because watching for yourself is where the fun is!

TUBS OF POPCORN: I give RACE TO THE SCENE three tubs of popcorn out of five. I always enjoy watching couples try to work things out. It is interesting to see the dynamic of who is in charge and how they handle the stress! Some are very methodical, thinking things through enough to get an edge.

There are others, however, that just crumble but not always in a bad way. Its more of not realizing that being on a reality show where money is involved isn’t going to be easy!

Lundgren has a chance here to just be naturally funny. He made me laugh more than once with his subtle one-liners and cracks about how his mother could finish stunts quicker. More importantly Lundgren looks like he’s having a good time and can laugh at it all.

In the end – they all need to remember to focus and race to the scene!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 24 May 2013, 18:57

I hope this works well for Dolph even though it doesn't look like a great show. I would really love to see him doing something different. Wish I could see the show.
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 24 May 2013, 20:20

Can someone explain Get Glue and Pinterest to me?
Image Image
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 25 May 2013, 08:14

Those signs are really cool. Where is that last one?
I guess it is good he did this show just to get his name out there.
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 25 May 2013, 15:55

Dolph is gonna promote the show early June on some talk shows, I think even on David Letterman's Late Show (if I'm not mistaken)!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby DRC2013 on 25 May 2013, 22:51

Jox wrote:Dolph is gonna promote the show early June on some talk shows, I think even on David Letterman's Late Show (if I'm not mistaken)!

Awesome! That would be his first time on Letterman, right?

I think they both have sort of a similar dry sense of humour, so it should be good.
DRC2013

Postby Jox on 26 May 2013, 00:49

He was on his show at least once in the 80s, maybe even early 90s.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 26 May 2013, 12:43

First episode is called "Race To Forrest Gump & Independence Day"
Action star Dolph Lundgren leads teams of friends, sister in laws, and a boyfriend/girlfriend duo into the blockbuster movies Forrest Gump and Independence Day, for a chance at cash and prizes.

http://www.reelz.com/content.aspx?nid=635
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 30 May 2013, 00:42

Episode 1 Contestants
http://www.reelz.com/content.aspx?nid=667

Is that "meme" supposed to be cool, funny, or is it me who's too old school to get social media marketing's sense of humor?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 31 May 2013, 01:24

Best clip since last summer's promo teaser
http://www.reelz.com/trailer-clips/6947 ... n-command/

Reelz Channel promo
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies