INTERVIEWS

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby carrie on 29 May 2005, 02:54

thanks guys i enjoyed that, hes still looking great, is it just me or did anyone else think he looked really nervous, he didnt know what to do with his hands so he crossed his arms in front of him- i hear thats a very defensive thing to do!! he has done loads of interviews so whats one more? maybe because it was his " home crowd" :roll:
carrie
Regular

Postby Jox on 29 May 2005, 03:59

I don't know if you saw any other interviews but he always seemed very nervous and embarrassed, he doesn't play the movie star, which is why I like him, he seems as shy as I am...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 29 May 2005, 13:53

Well... I think this man is one person who shouldn't feel emberrassed! Maybe he used to be shy as a teen kid, but why still? A great look, a lot of money, a fine family, sport activity skills and known in the whole world (more then in the 80s...) are all aspects to feel free to sit there, being interviewed, without any helpless gesture. Even I'd stay cool being asked in an interview, even that I am often shy, because I think that I don't look the max I could improve out of myself... you know, the "puberty fashion panic". ^^
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Darling on 29 May 2005, 14:21

Hi,I can only hear the interview.Is there something what I can do to see it?Thanks.
Darling
Regular

Postby carrie on 30 May 2005, 02:27

hey jox, i managed to see both the graham norten interviews and yeah sure he seemed really embarressed on the first one but i put that down to the fact they had a female fan on the telephone reciting poetry she had written in swedish and he had to translate it into english but it had a very sexual content-well a double meaning at least- but the second time, he didnt come across as nervous at all he looked like he really enjoyed himself and was laughing a lot, mind you he was a great laugh when graham asked him to do some martial art/ self defense moves. not at all nervous but i know what you mean, he comes across as a very humble guy, he never pulls a hollywood star trip on us,maybe he is just a very well rounded human being-as well as a incredibly sexy one.
carrie
Regular

Postby preacher on 30 May 2005, 12:24

I have seen the interview and i am also swedish. I can tell you that I to got the impression that Dolph is a very shy man.
Like when i got the questions from the old teacher... he kinda blushed and said "I don´t remember anything"... But then ofcourse got them both right.
It is clear that this is a man who chose his family in front of his career.
Dolph really lit up when he talked about how he takes his youngest daughter out camping in the backyard and how they would lie there in the tent and she would sometimes get scared... and Dolph would bring his big "Rambo-knife" with him... ;)
The love shined from his face.

He did not say much about the future. Nothing about a project in sweden or about his book (I missed the last five minutes so maybe I missed something?)
But he did say he was going to L.A for two months now.

What is he doing there? Promotion for the release of DEFENDER? Filming new movie? Negotiating new film-deals?

Dolph really looked great. Ten years younger...

I have´nt seen Dolph appearing in swedish press this much ever...
I hope this is consious move from his management in order to promote the big man before making a movie here or atleast getting his films released here.
I mean. The most recent Dolph-film in swedish stores is Hidden Agenda.

peace.
preacher
Regular

Postby Lindqvist on 30 May 2005, 14:26

I know, when the press found out that Dolph had a new movie coming out, they stood like- :?: "Dolph still makes movies!? didn't he retire like 10 years ago?" another one: "isn't he dead...?" :lol:

a bit sarcastic :) they probably make fun of him because all his movies go directly to DVD.

Carrie. where is that interview?
"Soon, I defeat real champion.."
Lindqvist

Postby Terminator on 30 May 2005, 22:55

@ Lindquist: OHH!!!!
This is really unfair to Dolph... isn't it?
I mean he is always trying to manage a good movie and nobody knows him... "already dead"... this is a way to sarcastic, right. :S
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby carrie on 31 May 2005, 02:54

LINDQVIST THE INTRVIEWS I WAS TALKING ABOUT WERE BOTH LAST YEAR, HE APPEARED TWICE ON THE "SO GRAHAM NORTEN SHOW",GRAHAM NORTEN IS MENTAL,NOT YOUR TYPICAL CHAT SHOW HOST,HE CALLS PEOPLE ON THE TELEPHONE WHO CLAIM TO BE FANS OF THE GUEST HE HAS ON THAT NIGHT,SOME OF HIS GUESTS LOVE IT LIKE CARRIE FISHER AND JOAN COLLINS OTHERS SEEM TO HAVE THE WHOLE "WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING HERE"LOOK,THATS THE LOOK DOLPH HAD ON HIS FIRST INTERVIEW WITH GRAHAM BUT I THINK HE KNEW WHAT TO EXPECT THE SECOND TIME AND HE WAS REALLY LAYED BACK AND CHILLED, HE APPEARED TO ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE MUCH MORE THE SECOND TIME( SO DID I) :wink:
carrie
Regular

Postby Lindqvist on 31 May 2005, 18:16

Terminator --> yes I agree, it's fun that a swede made it in Hollywood but swedes are a "never-happy-people". (I think. allways analysing and looking for negative things) (just my theory :wink: )
only the best is good enough, but as i said, they are just kidding around. for real, they are proud. i think. :) and Dolph isn't THAT big really and doesn't star in THAT big films like Stellan Skarsgård and Peter Stormare.
It is like Dolph said: "swedes are allowed to be sad, and depressed. maybe we have watched to many Ingmar Bergman-movies".

carrie --> hehe OKI
"Soon, I defeat real champion.."
Lindqvist

Postby Terminator on 31 May 2005, 21:41

Reading one of Dolph's answers about an ironic comment, he said "Just kidding, what does this mean?" or something just like that... ^^
Maybe he is really out of conception and doesn't know how to reply, or he just tried to play a trick on the reader... dunno.
Anyway, I've often seen him with a grimmy face. On the other hand site, in Sweden, I can only think of self-made houses with thatch roofs. LOL
Everything within nature... but still there are many swedish celebrities, just rising out of the rainy, really forest-like country. ^^
Terminator
Regular

Postby Travis on 07 Jun 2005, 01:35

He sure looks old and wrinkly up close
Travis
Regular

Postby shooby on 16 Jun 2005, 17:41

No pics in this interview ?!?
shooby

Postby shooby on 16 Jun 2005, 17:50

Jox wrote:go here there are two clips but one you have to pay even if you're registered, the first one is free at least for now

it's cool to hear Dolph speaking in swedish for the first time

http://tv4.se/visa/?CID=146

Great pics in this web site
shooby

Postby Boogie on 17 Jun 2005, 05:02

Hey, how do I listen to the interview? I cheked out the site, awesome pic of Dolph anyway, but I don't know Swedish so how do I listen to the interview.
Just Another Dolph Fan!
Boogie

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion