Dolph's religion

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Dolph's religion

Postby Travis on 20 Oct 2013, 17:53

Does Dolph have any religion or belief in God? I am just wondering because it doesn't seem like it, but maybe he just wants to keep it private to not alienate anyone.
Travis
Regular

Re: Dolph's religion

Postby Jox on 20 Oct 2013, 18:08

He talked about it when he did PR for MISSIONARY MAN and THE INQUIRY, like a lot of Scandinavians he was raised in the traditions of the Lutheran church. I don't think he goes to mass very often but he got his daughters christened. Now as to his proper personal beliefs I'm not sure.

CC.com: You’ve talked about faith a lot. Can you share a little about your own personal faith? Are you a believer in Jesus Christ?

Dolph: Yes, I am. I’m Swedish, and I went to the Lutheran Church when I was younger. I’m very interested in history, and the historic part of who Jesus was. That’s where my main interest lies. I enjoyed the shoot, especially the time in Rome and in those ancient locations. It puts my own life and our times in a great perspective.

http://www.christiancinema.com/catalog/ ... sk_id=521#

You've touched on spirituality in other roles. What is your spiritual philosophy?
“Well, when I was a kid, I was brought up in a Lutheran religion in Sweden. I went to Sunday school and we studied religion in school in those days. This was a while back. All kids had to do it. Now, I became more interested in the historical aspect of it and I love history, I love churches, I love antiques. I love to imagine what it was like in those days and what religion meant to people. So right now, I do go to church occasionally. I don't do it every day, every week. I think I've become a more spiritual person with age.”

http://movies.about.com/od/interviewswi ... 020808.htm
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 20 Oct 2013, 18:13

I remember those and that's why I got the impression that he wasn't religious. He should try listening to Joel Osteen because I think it would help his career and personal life and the reason I say that is because I think it would change his attitude and thinking.
Travis
Regular

Postby TEMIRLAN on 20 Oct 2013, 20:41

Would be nice him converting into Islam. Just imaging him praying in the Mosque/Masjit. Mike Tyson came with Dolph to Kazakhstan in 2010. He gave an interview where he talked much about how he did lots of mistakes in his life, how Islam changed his life and how he's happy to see so many Muslim brothers here at ours. He was very nice. I was very glad he's Muslim like me. Just saying!
TEMIRLAN

Postby Mosquito on 21 Oct 2013, 19:57

And being a man of science he might also be happy by focusing on knowledge instead of belief. We all have our views and I think it's best to keep religion (or atheism) a private matter.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 21 Oct 2013, 21:08

Mosquito wrote:And being a man of science he might also be happy by focusing on knowledge instead of belief. We all have our views and I think it's best to keep religion (or atheism) a private matter.

Well said :)
bomaz

Postby shooby on 22 Oct 2013, 20:20

in an old interview in a french magazine he said he hadn't been raised fervently so I always thought it was atheist, but other than that I don't know !
shooby

Return to General Discussion