EXPEND4BLES (Scott Waugh, 2023)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

EXPEND4BLES (Scott Waugh, 2023)

Postby TEMIRLAN on 02 Mar 2014, 18:41

Hi, guys! IMDb lists Michael Biehn, Steven Seagal and Rutger Hauer as rumored which is normal. But Bolo Yeung with Matthias Hues are also rumored which is unexpected. Any info/thoughts, guys?

IMDb:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3291150/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1
TEMIRLAN

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 4 (announced)

Postby Jox on 02 Mar 2014, 19:47

It's more of a wish-list because we haven't heard much about it except for Lerner vaguely saying they're considering setting the plot in Cuba. Someone apparently wanted to start these rumors which seem only to originate from this IMDB page (which anyone can update).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 02 Mar 2014, 21:57

Yeah I'd love to see all those involved, even Seagal to be honest, but IMDB is unreliable. I don't doubt there will be a fourth though. Number 3 will likely make a lot of money (even if most will come from BR/VOD/DVD income).

Seagal said himself he's been approached for the next one so we'll see. The sticking point is Seagal and the Lerners. Bridges need to be rebuilt and both sides are notoriously stubborn. It won't matter if Stallone really lobbies to get Seagal on board, if the Lerners don't back down, or Seagal demands too much money, then it's a no go.

Biehn and Hauer would be fantastic.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 02 Mar 2014, 22:05

From Sly's Tweets Seagal was already close for EX3 and he slipped away again, really wouldn't hold my breath for EX4 although they'll sure come back to him again maybe offering a lot more money.

Seems Jackie Chan won't be easy to catch either since he avoided the previous movies as well, doesn't want to be in such a big cast and "wants Sly all for himself" in a buddy movie.

Hauer and Biehn not only would be cool but could really bring something to the table, not like the biggest stars of the cast. Didn't Biehn recently make a snobby comment about Sly and EXPENDABLES though?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 02 Mar 2014, 22:16

I'm not sure, I never heard of Biehn saying anything about it, but who knows, he may have. It would be a shame if it denied him a shot in the next one.
I wonder if Busey could make an appearence. He seems pretty batshit crazy these days, but it'd be great to see such a classic action villain make an appearence in the franchise.

Hauer is just great fullstop. He'd come in, steal his scenes and just add plenty, even in a cameo.

Yeah Chan is unlikely, plus he seems to be quietly bowing out of action movies now it seems. The latest Armour of God and Police Story seemed a little like swansongs for him.

I definitely won't hold my breath on Seagal. I just think all the shit between him and Millenium will make it unfeasible in the end. It's almost a shame actually because in the last year it does actually appear like Seagal has lost a bit of weight.
Tom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 02 Mar 2014, 23:53

Maybe they can find a spot for Dacascos?

Hauer and Hues would be great! Hues is not a great actor but certainly the kind of guy for this franchise.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 03 Mar 2014, 00:00

Dacascos definitely should be part if this and deserves more recognition.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 03 Mar 2014, 03:12

Jox wrote:Dacascos definitely should be part if this and deserves more recognition.

He definitely does. He's not even getting the gigs that Gary Daniels gets these days. His film career just seemed to die quite quickly after BOTW, where-as I thought at the very least he'd be right up there in the high end of DTV. He had a couple of forgettable villain roles in Cradle 2 The Grave and the Cleaner, but his DTV has been awful.
Damn shame really because he's very different, a good actor (in the right part) and physically very impressive. He's done some very memorable cult action movies like Drive, Freeman, Only The Strong and BOTW. It's a good track record actually.

Similar to Jason Scott Lee I guess, he's quite difficult to cast. He's got a mix of races which make him hard to define, but unlike say the Rock or Vin DIesel, it seems to work against him somewhat.

He'll get overlooked for Exp 4 I think, but the sad part is, he's one of those who could potentially come in and just steal the movie (if they give him a more enigmatic/sensitive role like Freeman/Mani).
Tom
Regular

Postby TEMIRLAN on 03 Mar 2014, 06:06

I'm a big fan of Dacascos from childhood. I remember my country's (Kazakhstan) main state film studio decided to make a first worldwide standardt historic movie. It was called Nomad. It had a great potential with the budget of 40 million USD. And Dacascos was the main villain.

It was back in 2003, not long after China Strike Force, BOTW, Crandle 2 the Grave, and he still was considered as a big star. Eventually, the movie ended up being as OK movie, but with zero promotion in the US. It floped. Right after that his career failed.

Now he's in the TV world (hawaii 5-0, iron cheff etc.).
Last edited by TEMIRLAN on 03 Mar 2014, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 03 Mar 2014, 10:09

Tom wrote:Similar to Jason Scott Lee I guess

Dacascos actually replaced Jason Scott in CRYING FREEMAN when Lee had to drop out because of his contract with Universal.

Tom wrote:(if they give him a more enigmatic/sensitive role like Freeman/Mani).
Unfortunately not in the habits of Hollywood.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 03 Mar 2014, 19:12

Jox wrote:Dacascos definitely should be part if this and deserves more recognition.

Dacascos on the set of Nomad back in 2003/4. His skills are great.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 06 Mar 2014, 11:19

Dacascos, Biehn and Hues, why not? Hell Yeah!
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby TEMIRLAN on 06 Mar 2014, 18:11

Sorry, but who is Hues?
TEMIRLAN

Postby Tom on 06 Mar 2014, 18:12

He played the bad guy in Dark Angel (I Come In Peace).
Tom
Regular

Postby TEMIRLAN on 07 Mar 2014, 09:51

Aaaaaaaaaaah, Mathias Hues? I know him!
TEMIRLAN

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies