Fitness

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Fitness

Postby Jox on 02 Mar 2014, 19:50

10-15 hours a week is pretty damn good, I assume you didn't just jump into it, or your "home workouts" must have been good.

I've been more into swimming since last summer.

Never did weight lifting and wouldn't without proper instructions/teaching.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 03 Mar 2014, 22:25

I've been doing home workouts during my entire nine year gym refusal, so I wasn't in completely terrible shape. Not in good shape though.

The amount of hours is daunting though, I'm glad I have an end date to all this working out. At the end of this month I'll go back to home workouts. I don't want to spend that amount of time working out anymore.

Swimming is great! Dolph is big on swimming too according to his book. Seems to broaden one's shoulders too.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 03 Mar 2014, 22:48

Swimming is good for everything sport-wise and relaxing/massage-wise notably if you have occasional or more frequent joints issues like I do.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 04 Mar 2014, 18:36

dolphage wrote:Swimming is great! Dolph is big on swimming too according to his book. Seems to broaden one's shoulders too.

Duh! Ever taken a look at olympic swimmers? ;) I think they have really good looking, v-shaped bodies.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 05 Mar 2014, 13:43

Mosquito wrote:Ever taken a look at olympic swimmers? ;) I think they have really good looking, v-shaped bodies.
That's right, except the female swimmers, they look kinda manly. Not so nice.

Jox wrote:Swimming is good for everything sport-wise and relaxing/massage-wise notably if you have occasional or more frequent joints issues like I do.

Dolph also wrote about taking glucosamine (if my memory serves) for his joints, have you tried that? In addition, in one of the interviews linked to on this forum, I believe, Van Damme talked about getting back in shape with isometric exercises (static holds etc) as to not put strain on his joints/tendons/ligaments.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 05 Mar 2014, 21:16

dolphage wrote:Dolph also wrote about taking glucosamine (if my memory serves) for his joints, have you tried that?
Never heard of it but from looking at it I'm not sure I can get that easily or without a prescription here.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby whiteandblank on 13 Mar 2014, 22:27

jox, glucosamine is easily available in bodybuilding/supplement type stores. Here in the UK we have Holland and Barrett, I dunno if you have it where you are?

Those, and cod liver capsules are good for joints, plus calcium.

Animal Pak is a great supplement pack, it gives a nice high and your pee goes a nuclear yellow colour

you should ask dolph, he will know

dolphage, good for you friend. I have totally lost motivation
Is there an off switch to your mouth?
whiteandblank

Previous

Return to Off-Topic