All Dolph's recent films are horrible

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

All Dolph's recent films are horrible

Postby Travis on 23 Jan 2004, 03:23

Anyone agree with me on this? :(
Travis
Regular

Postby Santee on 23 Jan 2004, 06:44

Well, how recent? Within the new century? If so, apart from maybe Last Patrol, I wouldnt say they were terrible even though Hidden Agenda could and should have been better and you knew what you are getting into watching Detention..........

if you mean within last few years, I enjoyed BlackJack, Bridge of Dragons, Tied Up......

Of course, it will be difficult to ever top I Come In Peace, Unisol or Army of One material 8)
Santee

No Way.........

Postby Lance on 23 Jan 2004, 09:13

Hidden Agenda was good.

You said it was mediocre and overall that says to me his movies aren't all awful, although they're have been some doozies like Agent Red and Last Patrol.
Lance

Postby Mosquito on 23 Jan 2004, 14:38

It is a pity that I have to say this but I think you are right. I have my DVDs here in chronological order and all the good movies are quite old (UniSol, Men of War, Red Scorpion, Army of One...). Silent Trigger is the only one of the newer movies that I really like. Hidden Agenda was ok and so was Sweepers but all my favourites are old.

Let's hope for the upcoming movies!
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 23 Jan 2004, 20:29

I find that "hidden agenda" was a very good one !!!
I didn't like Agent Red ( how can Dolph make things likethis ? I know that everyone need money , but ... ) !! But ( another times , like with "minion" ) Am I alone to like "the last patrol" ????
bomaz

Postby Mosquito on 23 Jan 2004, 22:13

bomaz wrote:Am I alone to like "the last patrol" ????

I'm afraid yes. ;-) It was cheap, boring, nothing happened, the characters were incredibly stupid (especially that blond female idiot).
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 23 Jan 2004, 22:19

Mosquito wrote:
bomaz wrote:Am I alone to like "the last patrol" ????

I'm afraid yes. ;-) It was cheap, boring, nothing happened, the characters were incredibly stupid (especially that blond female idiot).

I use to like bad movies !!!! shame on me !!!! but for me ( not agent red ) when Dolph Lundgren is in a movie , i want to watch the movie and I know that I'll can see the movie !!!
bomaz

Postby Mosquito on 23 Jan 2004, 22:55

Yes, I understand. I do not only watch all his movies, I try to buy all of them. Even when I know that one is bad. I just want to complete my collection.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 23 Jan 2004, 23:42

I too like The Last Patrol even though it doesn't seem to be made in 1999 and there's a lot of flaws but I like that Dolph's character is searching for himself and has issues and that it's not a film where he shoots a guy every 2 minutes... I'd love to see him in a role like Bruce Willis' Unbreakable
Jox
Site Admin

Postby carrie on 24 Jan 2004, 02:11

i LIKED THE LAST PATROL ASWELL,I THINK WE ALL LIKE AND DISLIKE DIFFERENT MOVIES AND THATS O.K,LIFE WOULD BE SO BORING IF WE ALL LIKED THE SAME THINGS. :wink:
carrie
Regular

Postby bomaz on 24 Jan 2004, 12:28

carrie wrote:i LIKED THE LAST PATROL ASWELL,I THINK WE ALL LIKE AND DISLIKE DIFFERENT MOVIES AND THATS O.K,LIFE WOULD BE SO BORING IF WE ALL LIKED THE SAME THINGS. :wink:

YEAH !!!!! I completely agree with you !!!!
bomaz

Postby Mosquito on 24 Jan 2004, 14:15

Jox, I thought that Unbreakable was a big disappointment after The Sixth Sense. The pictures were too dark (strenuous to watch), I found it boring and Jackson's character was really annoying (especially that hairdo). I don't need action to enjoy a movie but when they are slow they really have to work. Unbreakable didn't work for me.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 24 Jan 2004, 17:52

It worked perfectly for me and I don't think it is too slow, I find great the way it deals "seriously" with a hero's story almost without any action and trying to tell something deep. As Dolph being an action hero, I think it would be interesting for him to make a film questioning "what's a hero", and I think he can inspires himself from Willis' acting (from both Sixth Sense and Unbreakable) because Dolph could act in the same vein (I don't see him playing like Jim Carrey or I don't know who else). [/i]
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 24 Jan 2004, 19:09

Unbreakable was very good for the fact that the characters were quite believeable unlike many comic book characters who are not and run around in tights. It did not have as much of a comic book-driven feel to it like Superman, Spiderman, etc. And I will say right now I think the new Punisher will suck!

I did not like The Last Patrol much. Not so much because he was shooting and beating everyone up, it seemed to have too much of a cheesy soap-opera feel. But, I have to confess that my dislike for it has more to do with what my pre-conceived notions of what the movie was going to be. I really wanted to see more-post Armeggedon things in the movie. See all the things they described, and then see their return to civilization. Oh well.

Hidden Agenda was quite good, much better than most of his late 90s- 2000s stuff. I do think they overdid the plot a little at the end, too many twists, but otherwise very good.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 24 Jan 2004, 20:20

I found that "Unbrekable" was a very good movie , and I think that Dolph should be perfect in a dramatic role ( maybe in Sweden , in the future ) !! or maybe in a comedy !!! wait'n'see !!
bomaz

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies