SHARK LAKE (Jerry Dugan, 2015)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

SHARK LAKE (Jerry Dugan, 2015)

Postby Jox on 26 Aug 2014, 09:09

One of two movies Dolph will shoot in the next few months. This one starts at the end of September in the alpine region of the Sierra Nevada.
http://www.mynews4.com/news/story/Actio ... CL4wg.cspx
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3253540/combined

Action movie starring Dolph Lundgren filming in Reno-Tahoe this fall

RENO, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- A new movie is set to be filmed in the Reno-Tahoe area this fall. The $2 million film is called "The Lake." It is about freshwater sharks in Lake Tahoe and will feature action star Dolph Lundgren.

President and CEO of the Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority Chris Baum said the movie will film in Reno-Tahoe for about six weeks, and it will bring dozens of jobs for locals in the acting field. He also said the announcement is very exciting for our area, because Reno-Tahoe will not just be a backdrop for the action film, but will be part of the story. "It also is a calling card for our region because we look great on film and when these films get out there and they are shown worldwide, people who have never been here before say wow where did they shoot that thing, and they watch the credits and think maybe I need to go there for my next vacation."

Baum also said the RSCVA is working to get television shows to our region. He said they recently met with producers from a major cable television series. A pilot episode will soon be filmed in Reno, and if it's picked up, Baum said the show will have a $30 million economic impact on our region.

http://bottomlineentertainment.com/feat ... -projects/
The Lake
The Lake is a thought-provoking thriller set in the serenity of Lake Tahoe. The serenity is shattered when a local exotic animal collector, inadvertently releases one of his most treasured exotics into the area. A local sheriff, Meredith Hendricks, makes it her mission to capture the “animal” and bring the exotic animal collector to justice. A course of unlikely events shifts the focus to the relationship between a mother and her son and a father and his daughter. The story and screenplay were conceived and written by award winning writers David Anderson and Gabe Burnstein.

(obviously the lead character has been changed to a man, as it often happens)

Special effects by legendary Robert Kurtzman
Jox
Site Admin

Re: THE LAKE (Jerry Dugan, 2014-2015) (in pre-production)

Postby bomaz on 26 Aug 2014, 11:47

Well, it's a little too soon to say anything (the crew has no background as far as i've seen*, the plot could be interesting but it's just a plot) but it looks like a little budget "in between" job. * except for Kurtzman, of course.
Eager to see what the other project is.
bomaz

Postby Dida on 27 Aug 2014, 15:43

Thanks Jox, sounds like something different again. Nice to see that Dolph is trying new things. By the way what is the other movie he is shooting in the next months. Also horror/thriller or action?
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Postby DRC2013 on 27 Aug 2014, 17:38

Hmmm... This sounds... interesting.

The synopsis sounds like it could go either way really, they might make a quality thriller, or another Legendary type movie.

The fact that it's a low budget ($2M) movie made by first time feature filmmakers makes me a bit worried though. But who knows, maybe they're really talented, and it's not like Dolph hasn't done movies in the same budget range before.

Dolph is playing the lead, right? In the news article they say that the movie features Dolph, which makes it sound like another glorified cameo, and I hope that's not the case here.

That news article also mentions that it involves sharks, which makes me fear it's going to be like one of those SYFY channel type shark movies.
I actually quite like those schlocky b-movies, but it's not really something I'd like to see Dolph do LOL.

Jox, have you read the script? Do you know if the tone will be serious or more tongue in cheek?
DRC2013

Postby Tom on 27 Aug 2014, 17:45

I wonder if the other movie Dolph will shoot might be with Gianni Capaldi again. Gianni has hinted there might be something in the offing on Facebook.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 28 Aug 2014, 09:06

I think the other one is a war movie.

EDIT:
Hopefully if well written this will be more like a low budget JAWS than SHARK ATTACK or worse else...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 28 Aug 2014, 18:54

I do quite like the sound of the premise for this, if they can do something good with it. Reminds me a little of It Waits, which Dolph was set to do about 10 years ago. Just a little change of genre for him, as opposed to doing more straight to video action/thrillers that blend into one.

A war pic, again if done well, would also be good, and perhaps warm him up nicely for Nordic Light.
Tom
Regular

Postby dude hallenbeck on 29 Aug 2014, 06:09

You could make a great shark attack thriller if you relegated the attacks themselves to background noise while the film focused on the central characters. It worked wonders for Gareth Edwards Monsters and his follow up Godzilla, both of which I was a huge fan of.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 29 Aug 2014, 09:45

With a non-genre title like THE LAKE they're not selling it like a B or Z schlockbuster at least.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 31 Aug 2014, 01:44

Seen too many of his projects fall through in the pre-production phase to get hopes up (WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING, REPEATER, AS WONDERLAND GOES BY, INVINCIBLE, etc.)... My curiosity will be peaked as soon as cameras start rolling, and it's a done deal.
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 31 Aug 2014, 09:45

savagesketch wrote:INVINCIBLE

This announcement was a fake/mistake, Dolph was never attached to it.

As for projects falling through this is part of the business, this is why everybody (producers, directors, actors etc) always line up a bunch of projects in development because at least half of them won't get made. Stars don't align, money is not there, people back down, artistic differences, you name it...

See all the list of all the unproduced projects I have compiled and I'm sure there are still some I'm not aware of: http://www.dolph-ultimate.com/films/projects.html.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 04 Sep 2014, 12:54

The next project is indeed an indie World War II film (by a director who seems to have done quite well at making several of them with no known cast) which should be announced very soon and filmed right after THE LAKE...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 05 Sep 2014, 10:16

Well, that sounds interesting. Dolph in a war movie is a great idea. Knowing he's interested in history, he can add a good "historical role playing" to the movie. I hope the director has more budget than on his previous flicks (even if despite little budgets he achieves to get some good visual value). Really excited by this one :)
And by the lake too (til we know if it's "Shark in a lake" horror movie, or more like you say, a small "Jaws" which revolves more around its caracters).
bomaz

Postby Jox on 05 Sep 2014, 13:01

I think from the non-commercial non-action/horror genre title alone you can already tell it's not "DOLPH VS SHARKS" or "BATTLE WITH SHARKS FROM OUTER SPACE". ;)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 06 Sep 2014, 17:20

Indeed ;)
Just noticed he got a "producer" credit on Imdb, juste as A certain Justic and Hard Rush.
bomaz

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies