RIOT (John Lyde, 2015)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

RIOT (John Lyde, 2015)

Postby Jox on 21 Apr 2015, 16:33

VMI Worldwide (WAR PIGS, BLOOD OF REDEMPTION) announces RIOT, a prison flick with Chuck Liddell directed by John Lyde (stunt coordinator on WAR PIGS)
VMI Worldwide's Newest Production RIOT
04/15/2015

VMI Worldwide is proud to announce its newest picture Riot, a prison riot action movie starring Dolph Lundgren and Chuck Lidell, to be directed by John Lyde (Director of One Shot, Survivor, Christmas Oranges).

Principal photography is set to begin mid-April, 2015.

Synopsis: Copper Jack Stone purposefully orchestrates a bank robbery in order to be thrown into prison with the notorious Russian kingpin Balam.

Balam is more than just a mob criminal; he’s a very cunning and dangerous lord who controls the police force from behind bars. Balam lives in prison as a cover for his real power, which is King of the city. His cell is a lavish private room built specifically for him, inaccessible to most in the depths of the prison structure. Even the warden fears venturing into his area of the prison.

However, even surrounded by his loyal henchmen and guards in his sectioned off fortress, Balam doesn’t know Jack is coming for him to avenge his family, who Balam murdered in cold blood. Balam is tough… but Jack is tougher.

http://www.vmiworldwide.com/News.aspx
RIOT
Copper Jack Stone purposefully orchestrates a bank robbery in order to be thrown into prison with the notorious Russian kingpin Balam.

IN PRE-PRODUCTION

CAST: DOLPH LUNDGREN, CHUCK LIDDELL

http://vmiworldwide.com/Production.aspx

Surely Dolph won't be able to film "mid-April", maybe May...

https://www.facebook.com/mainstaypro/po ... 3217294910
MainStay Productions
VIDEO AUDITIONS!!!!!!!!!
Mainstay is currently accepting video submissions for:
RIOT
Jack Stone deliberately gets himself sent into federal prison in order seek vengeance on those responsible for the death of his wife.
Director: John Lyde
Executive Producer: Matthew Reese
Writer: Spanky Ward
Starring: Matthew Reese, Dani Chuchran, Melanie Stone
Stunts: CBR Stunt Team
Filming Dates: April 13-24

39 speaking parts available. Some are only one-liners. Others are supporting parts. A few are for leads.
Here are the roles we are accepting video auditions for:
Allison (Female. Supporting. Estimated 2 days of work) In her late 20s. Spunky, flirty, and it turns out she is crazy and a hired assassin.
District Attorney Flynn (Male. Supporting. Estimated 2 days of work) 50s or 60s. Well-spoken, charismatic, handsome. Think of Matthew Reese in 30 years.
Officer Green (Male. Supporting. Estimated 4 days of work) 20-40. Arrogant, entertaining and narcissistic.
Mark Crane (Male. Supporting. Estimated 2 days of work. 30-50) Conniving. Smug and arrogant. Thinks he is somebody special. Turns out at the end, he actually is.
Semyon (Male. Supporting. Russian thug. late 20s or 30s) Younger cousin of mobster you runs the prison.
Trisha (Female. Lead. Estimated 6 days of work) mid 20s-40. Attractive, honest go-getter. Very smart Defense Lawyer. Bad guys are trying to kill her.
Warden Blain (Male. Supporting. Estimated 4 days of work) 40-60. Runs the prison. Fence sitter. Lets things slide in order to make it home each night to his family.
William (Male. Lead. Estimated 6 days of work) 45-60. Long time resident at the prison. Helps the lead with his plan of revenge. He’s been around the block a few times.
All submissions must be received by end of day Sunday, March 15th. Videos submitted after March 15th will not be accepted.
For sides, email: John@mainstaypro.com
Send video files or links to your audition to John@mainstaypro.com
The audition can be done on your cell phone, as long as we can see your face and hear your lines.
If you do not fit one of the listed parts, please send me your reel or a clip of a scene you have done in another project.
Other parts that we need to fill:
Processing Woman at the Prison. Any ethnicity. 30-50
Doctor Park - Male. Any ethnicity. 40-50
Nurse Morgan – Femalie. Any ethnicity. 40-60.
Fedor 30-40 Russian. Must be able to speak some Russian. Must be tall and muscular. Bodyguard type.
Lots of inmates of all ethnicities ages 21-50. Male and Female.
Russian bad guys ages 21-50
District Attorney Secretary – Any ethnicity. Female 21-50
Prison Guards – Male. Any Ethnicity. 21-50.

Spanky Ward
18 hrs ·
ACTION FILM "RIOT" Starring DOLPH LUNGREN and CHUCK LIDDEL, MATTHEW REESE, DANI CHUCHRAN, MELANIE STONE, RENNY GRAMES and the CBR Stunt Team!
WE NEED PEDESTRIANS!!!
Friday, April 24th Provo
Saturday April 25th Provo
Please email me ASAP at spankyward@gmail.com
$40

Actually it's already filming with Matthew Reese starring apparently:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... nref=story
https://www.facebook.com/1037109107/vid ... 16/?type=2
https://www.facebook.com/iAmMatthewRees ... =2&theater
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.reese. ... =2&theater
Jox
Site Admin

Re: RIOT (John Lyde, 2015) (filming)

Postby Tom on 21 Apr 2015, 18:51

Sounds like another tiresome one if I'm honest. Wonder if Dolph plays the good or Bad guy. Playing the Russian will be nothing new to him. I'd guess the bad guy, if only because means he'd be able to film his part quickly.
Tom
Regular

Postby DRC2013 on 21 Apr 2015, 19:10

Yeah, if they already started filming when Dolph was still in Australia, it sounds to me like he'll play the Russian bad guy, unless he plays another cop/warden/guard etc.

The BTS videos of the fight scenes looked OK. Might be a fun little actioner, if he's the bad guy I'm expecting something similar to The Package in terms of screentime.
DRC2013

Postby Jox on 21 Apr 2015, 19:26

And he's gonna be at the Bangkok premiere before coming back to the States where more ST publicity awaits I think, although the Egyptian theatre premiere won't be before the 6th.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 27 Apr 2015, 18:34

Screenwriter/producer Spanky Ward (what a name!) posted this shot yesterday:
Good and evil in the same shot. Dolf and D L David Walkr

And various set pics:
https://www.facebook.com/spankyward/photos_all

And a casting call:
There's a chance I may need some male inmates tomorrow TUESDAY April 28th. For Mainstay Productions action film RIOT.
$50 for the day. Toole prison. Plan on a 12 day just in case. Dolf Lundgren, Matthew Reese fighting the bad guys. Lots of action! Fun day! Email me at spankyward@gmail.com
And I'll plug you in when spots open up. Questions, email me.
Thanks!
Spanky Ward
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 27 Apr 2015, 18:40

"Dolf" :roll:
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby DRC2013 on 27 Apr 2015, 19:42

Sounds like Dolph will play another inmate. He's wearing glasses in one of the shots so I reckon he'll play the wise mentor role, or Obi-Wan Kenobi if you will who'll help the hero. Too bad, I was kinda getting excited about him playing the bad guy.
DRC2013

Postby Jox on 29 Apr 2015, 10:29

And it's a wrap for Dolph! 3 days top right there. Pretty sure this gig was booked last minute (unlike bigger ones which are months in advance) as it wasn't on the horizon a couple weeks back.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 29 Apr 2015, 12:18

Wow. That was short. My hope to see him in a quality prison picture with a part similar to Oz characters is off the table I guess. :lol:
bomaz

Postby Jox on 29 Apr 2015, 12:52

bomaz wrote: My hope to see him in a quality prison picture with a part similar to Oz characters is off the table I guess. :lol:

There was talk in 2012 about a prison flick based on a novel that Dolph liked which the BATTLE OF THE DAMNED director was adapting, but it looks like it's not on the map anymore.

Matthew Reese
Dolph Lundgren is wrapped... Such a pleasure to work with such a legend! #RiotMovie

Director John Lyde
mainstaypro

A Dolph and a Dani... At the same time! What a country!!!!
#riot #riotmovie

Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 29 Apr 2015, 12:58

ahah ... the director is spoiling his own movie (I guess). Not that the flick would have been full of surpises.

The project you mentionned would have been interesting.
bomaz

Postby DRC2013 on 29 Apr 2015, 20:06

bomaz wrote:ahah ... the director is spoiling his own movie (I guess). Not that the flick would have been full of surpises.

LOL I noticed that too. Unless he just grabbed that jacket from wardrobe just to stay warm on break from filming.

So Dolph has now done two of these 3-day roles in a short time.

I don't mind it, it pays the bills between the bigger and better projects, but I just hope he doesn't follow in Eric Roberts' footsteps, who's in about a thousand movies every year and on pretty much every movie he's hired for only one day.

3-day job, no problem, in the right hands that's a good supporting role, but one day? That's just not fair for the fans or the average movie watchers who are duped into buying a movie with a star on the cover who's barely in the movie. That sort of thing will just hurt an actor's reputation. Which is why Roberts is in bottom of the barrel movies.
DRC2013

Postby savagesketch on 29 Apr 2015, 21:53

DRC2013 wrote:
bomaz wrote:ahah ... the director is spoiling his own movie (I guess). Not that the flick would have been full of surpises.

LOL I noticed that too. Unless he just grabbed that jacket from wardrobe just to stay warm on break from filming.

So Dolph has now done two of these 3-day roles in a short time.

I don't mind it, it pays the bills between the bigger and better projects, but I just hope he doesn't follow in Eric Roberts' footsteps, who's in about a thousand movies every year and on pretty much every movie he's hired for only one day.

3-day job, no problem, in the right hands that's a good supporting role, but one day? That's just not fair for the fans or the average movie watchers who are duped into buying a movie with a star on the cover who's barely in the movie. That sort of thing will just hurt an actor's reputation. Which is why Roberts is in bottom of the barrel movies.

Michael Madsen is the exact same way. Madsen gave an interview to the Opie and Anthony Show that has gone down as being one of their best interviews of all time. In it, Madsen discusses among other things, his choices in film. He simply refers to it as "work." When asked by O&A, why he's been in Bulgaria of all places, his response is "It's called work, gentlemen." What follows is one of the most candid and hilarious confessions from an actor I've ever heard. Madsen goes through his entire filmography of almost 90 films and candidly admits that maybe only 15 are watchable. I imagine that Lundgren, just like Eric Roberts and Michael Madsen, clearly knows about the quality of work that he's contributing to. Yet in the end, it's just that -- work. Here is the link to a part of the interview. Scroll to about the 6:20 min. mark, though the interview should truly be listened to in its entirety. Awesome confessional:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To3HkVJ ... AB&index=5
savagesketch

Postby Moltisanti on 30 Apr 2015, 04:18

I understand a couple quick paycheck roles, but let's hope Lundgren doesn't go full Madsen and end up in something like LOST IN THE WOODS:

Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Tom on 30 Apr 2015, 13:02

He was half way there in Legendary! ha ha
Tom
Regular

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies