FEMALE FIGHT CLUB / F. F. SQUAD (Miguel A. Ferrer, 2016)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

FEMALE FIGHT CLUB / F. F. SQUAD (Miguel A. Ferrer, 2016)

Postby Jox on 21 Oct 2015, 17:26

On the tail of KINDERGARTEN COP 2, Dolph apparently also did a (one day?) part in this, starring Amy Johnston (LADY BLOODFIGHT). :?

It's directed by Miguel A. Ferrer (who seems to be replacing a former attached director Carl Colpaert at the last minute)...

A former fighter reluctantly returns to the life she abandoned in order to help her sister survive the sadistic world of illegal fighting and the maniac who runs it.

http://www.cinando.com/DefaultControlle ... IdF=223802

FFC / FEMALE FIGHT CLUB Feature Film
CINEVILLE // FFC PRODUCTION LLC
DIRECTOR: Carl Colpaert
A Las Vegas madam expands her underground strip club into a fight club for girls. (August 17 - September 11)

http://www.productionweekly.com/071615ee.pdf

CINEVILLE

On set with Dolph Lundgren in Vancouver. Was a pleasure working with him.

https://www.facebook.com/CinevilleUSA/p ... 43/?type=3

Jox
Site Admin

Re: FEMALE FIGHT CLUB / FFC (Miguel Ferrer, 2015) (in post-p

Postby savagesketch on 21 Oct 2015, 21:39

Hmmm... Another bit role in another prison film so close after RIOT? The content seems a little exploitive... Always thought D was above the "women in prison" subgenre of films.
savagesketch

Postby dude hallenbeck on 22 Oct 2015, 02:02

Are we sure they didn't just use Riot deleted footage?
dude hallenbeck

Postby Moltisanti on 22 Oct 2015, 04:36

Well, at least there are no numbers used as words in the title.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 22 Oct 2015, 10:44

dude hallenbeck wrote:Are we sure they didn't just use Riot deleted footage?

Sure.

1/ it's not the same companies and they wouldn't be able to use/buy stock footage from a movie that isn't out yet.
2/ his prison costume isn't the same and his hair looks like it does on the KC 2 set pics.
3/ other Instagram posts in that same wardrobe, that I thought were for KC2, indicates he shot that in late August
4/ the monitor shot above indicates they framed it in 2.35:1 aspect ratio whereas RIOT was shot in 1.85 / 1.78:1...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 22 Oct 2015, 17:02

Why would he do this?
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 22 Oct 2015, 20:22

I've don't even know anymore... but since he didn't even mention it to me back then, that can only be the paycheck, and the market must really be terrible (and not paying like it used to, even when he's the lead or on bigger projects) that he has to take these... Living in LA again can't be cheap either.

That said, many actors like Dolph (I don't know Dennis Hopper back then, Rutger Hauer on the top of my head but I know there's a lot, big names from the 90s you even forgot about) have done their share of supporting roles in terrible movies and way before Dolph had to give in to doing it... so it's a reality we have to accept (and get ready that one day he might play the grandfather in some cheesy family movie or something), but that doesn't prevent him from getting better and bigger stuff once in a while.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 23 Oct 2015, 08:53

The only thing I can think of is he is doing someone a favor or expects a favor to be done for him. I can't imagine something like this would pay him a decent amount, especially considering it seems like he has to embarrass himself. This seems like it will be the type of movie that is even beneath Eric Roberts.

I could be wrong about the movie since I haven't seen it, but the title is extremely cheesy and the plot isn't any better.
Travis
Regular

Re: FEMALE FIGHT CLUB / FFC (Miguel Ferrer, 2016) (in post-p

Postby Jox on 31 Oct 2015, 20:12

Sean Faris (STASH HOUSE, NEVER BACK DOWN), Cortney Palm and adult star Jesse Jane are also in it.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 02 Nov 2015, 07:46

Jox wrote:Sean Faris (STASH HOUSE, NEVER BACK DOWN), Cortney Palm and adult star Jesse Jane are also in it.

The news on this one just keeps getting better and better... :?
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 02 Nov 2015, 16:43

Jox wrote:Sean Faris (STASH HOUSE, NEVER BACK DOWN), Cortney Palm and adult star Jesse Jane are also in it.

And the infamous Chuck Zito:
https://www.cinando.com/img/film_big/819874.jpg
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 02 Nov 2015, 19:56

Jox wrote:

And the infamous Chuck Zito:

Not totally sure why this guy is supposed to be a celebrity. As far as I know, he is mainly famous for that story he always tells about how he supposedly beat up JCVD. That seems to be how he made his name.

savagesketch wrote:

The news on this one just keeps getting better and better... :?

Yeah, it's disappointing but I guess he is at the point of his career where he just doesn't care despite seeming to have had some recent successes and blessings.
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 02 Nov 2015, 20:56

Travis wrote:
Jox wrote:And the infamous Chuck Zito:

Not totally sure why this guy is supposed to be a celebrity. As far as I know, he is mainly famous for that story he always tells about how he supposedly beat up JCVD. That seems to be how he made his name.

I must say I only heard about Zito on the Van Damme forum, where they used to mention him all the time.

Travis wrote:I guess he is at the point of his career where he just doesn't care despite seeming to have had some recent successes and blessings.

Oh he cares, at least for his own projects which he aims higher for (SKIN TRADE, NORDIC LIGHT, WANTED MAN, WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING etc), yet things aren't what it used to be in many ways (the market and financing difficulties for B action films especially when you want to make them right, his personal situation and will to have a "day job" like maybe in a TV series, in the works at WB) and somehow he now has to do these really low budget quickies. And if you take it as a mere "job", it's less straining mentally and physically to be on a set for 2 days than 4-5 weeks, especially when you think the production is run by idiots (most shoots take a toll on him daily)...

Hopefully he gets asked for more mainstream and prestige productions like the Coen bros HAIL, CEASAR! (these Hollywood roles are really hard to get unless they call you because the big studio realm snub the B movie DTV market).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 03 Nov 2015, 11:50

Jox wrote:
Travis wrote:
Jox wrote:And the infamous Chuck Zito:

I must say I only heard about Zito on the Van Damme forum, where they used to mention him all the time.

He also had a great character in the tv show Oz.
bomaz

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies