Deadpool 2 (not with Dolph)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Deadpool 2 (not with Dolph)

Postby Jox on 09 Feb 2016, 21:54

I hear there's a reference to Dolph in an after credits sequence of DEADPOOL...
Jox
Site Admin

Re: Dolph references in other media

Postby Jox on 10 Feb 2016, 11:32

Jox wrote:I hear there's a reference to Dolph in an after credits sequence of DEADPOOL...

scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzzmB8MU1yg

description:
So...there was this after credits scene when Deadpool shows up on screen in bathrobe and starts taking to the audience something like "Oh...you are still here! Why? Go home...movie is over...there wont be teaser for the sequel...we don't have that kind of money"....

Then he stops and says "But I can tell you one thing about the sequel...we will have cable in the sequel! I dunno who will play him...it could be Mel Gibson, Dolph Lundgren...or Keira Knightley, she's got range..."

And then he walks away and scene ends. It was obvious joke...but it was so cool that they drooped his name on screen...

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/deadpool/has-spoiler-been-confirmed-for-deadpool-2-a130862
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 10 Feb 2016, 14:09

Well, he probably won't be proposed the part, and he would'nt probably like it, but yeah Dolph as Cable would be tremendous !
bomaz

Postby dude hallenbeck on 11 Feb 2016, 13:50

For what it's worth Jox, he's being entirely serious when he mentions the first two, but then takes a joking tone when he says Keira Knightley.
dude hallenbeck

Postby savagesketch on 19 Feb 2016, 03:17

I think it'd be awesome if Dolph was approached for Cable. And I don't think there's a fanboy out there who'd argue with that casting. Sounds like Stephen Lang is lobbying hard for the role though, so who knows...

It amazes me though... Dolph's name is strongly entrenched in the pop cultural lexicon, his name popping up in projects like this and ALWAYS SUNNY. Yet he isn't offered more mainstream big budget gigs...
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 19 Feb 2016, 03:24

One other issue is that studios try harder to please 15-20 year-old kids, so in that perspective Dolph would seem totally irrelevant in their minds (which is already hard if they tried to appeal to the 30-40 year-old crowd)...

By the way, this is how actually really ignorant I am regarding comics : who is this Cable guy (no pun intended) anyway? It seems he's also in X-Men comics or did I get it wrong?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 19 Feb 2016, 05:20

Cable is a timely traveling mutant who headed up the X-Men spinoff group X-Force in the 90's. The character epitomized what was deemed cool in the 90's... Lots of pouches and lots of guns.
savagesketch

Postby dude hallenbeck on 24 Feb 2016, 10:11

Jox wrote:One other issue is that studios try harder to please 15-20 year-old kids, so in that perspective Dolph would seem totally irrelevant in their minds (which is already hard if they tried to appeal to the 30-40 year-old crowd)...

You'd be surprised how well The Expendables franchise went with kids actually.

By the way, this is how actually really ignorant I am regarding comics : who is this Cable guy (no pun intended) anyway? It seems he's also in X-Men comics or did I get it wrong?

He's a mutant time traveller from the future.

Spoilers for the upcoming show Jean-Claude Van Johnson

In the show, Jean-Claude Van Damme is just the persona that Jean-Claude Van Johnson puts on in order to do dangerous private contractor work. Projects like Double Team with Dennis Rodman and the awful Street Fighter movie were only done to provide cover for Van Johnson’s secret operations. But now, not unlike Van Damme, Van Johnson finds himself out of his prime. He can’t do the splits to avoid getting hit with a metal pipe,he’s depressed by the family photos in the holiday cards he gets sent by Dolph Lundgren, and he’s just not the man he used to be.

http://www.slashfilm.com/jean-claude-van-damme-amazon-series/
dude hallenbeck

Postby DRC2013 on 24 Feb 2016, 10:27

Jean-Claude Van Johnson sounds like a great concept for Van Damme, and that description made me chuckle. Reminded me of the scene in JCVD where his agent tells him he lost a part to Seagal because he promised to cut off his ponytail. Always problems with other action stars. :lol:

Would be cool to see Dolph guest star on the show, if the pilot gets picked up.
DRC2013

Postby dude hallenbeck on 24 Feb 2016, 10:32

It's produced by Ridley Scott and his other show Man in the High Castle became the biggest show on Amazon, so he's got stroke there.

I doesn't seem to be impossible, looks like there's be plenty of celebrity cameos on the show.
dude hallenbeck

Postby thegoon4eto on 24 Feb 2016, 16:21

Yeah, I think that there will be a lot of cameos/references to his movies in this show.

Overall, totally looking for to the show :)
Van Damme fans forum

http://jcvdfans.boards.net/
thegoon4eto

Re: Deadpool 2: Dolph as Cable

Postby Jox on 13 May 2016, 16:02

“That’s a good question. I haven’t watched a lot of these superhero movies; for some reason, I don’t know, I’m just busy making films. I did hear in (…) Deadpool, isn’t there a character named Cable that’s coming? Like, he’s a big guy? I guess I could kick some butt doing that, I suppose. We’ll see. (...) When I saw the picture, he looks a little bit like Ivan Drago mixed with Gunner Jensen mixed with… I don’t know.”

http://nerdist.com/dolph-lundgren-wants ... ol-sequel/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 14 May 2016, 01:26

Deadpool is very tongue in cheek and they do throw around a lot of old references. They don't mind aiming gags at the 25-45 crowd, whilst appeasing younger males too. I think putting in Dolph would be kind of a gag, but awesome casting at the same time. They'd put him in with a little wink. The younger male audience wouldn't particularly care for it. The guys approaching mid-age who grew up watching Rocky will appreciate it, and then if the film is anywhere near as enjoyable as the first, Dolph can really shine. I'd love for them to cast him. I know there have been other films and TV shows to make Dolph gags, without there ever being the scope or need to bring him fully into the picture, but for Deadpool, it's so referential, that it would work brilliantly.
For what it's worth I really enjoyed Deadpool. Great fun. Not so much for the action, but I thought the script was very good and Ryan Reynolds was perfectly cast. And it's the most brilliantly marketed film in years. They took a very cult character very few people had heard of, in an R-rated film, coming off the back of a disastrous appearence in the first standalone Wolverine film, with a lead who had become a box-office liability, and although they had the Marvel logo attached (not always a garauntee for success), the key to the success was the viral marketing campaign and some carefully leaked footage. That's how you sell a fucking movie ladies and gents. It's outgrossed Batman vs Superman and is the highest grossing R-rated film ever.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 14 May 2016, 03:25

Thing is this is way over interpreted, Dolph doesn't "want" to necessarily, he's just saying what people wants to hear because the post-credits sequence got his ears and he must be asked about it all the time.

BUT, this might actually lead to an offer (that he would then accept I guess) if the buzz gets big enough even though I was told months ago the role pretty much already filled by the studio.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 14 May 2016, 09:51

I was told Stephen Lang was the top choice, however Avatar would conflict with the characters multiple appearances in future X-Men films, seems like the role is still available to whomever is being sought for it.
dude hallenbeck

Next

Return to News / Rumors