ALTITUDE (Alex Merkin, 2017)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ALTITUDE (Alex Merkin, 2016) (filming)

Postby savagesketch on 16 Feb 2016, 03:08

Lipnicki is all grown up now and getting his comeuppance... Hopefully at the hands of Dolph:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBtw3_vgigm/
savagesketch

Postby Nathan on 17 Feb 2016, 00:55

Kudos to the guy, he didn't sink into cocaine oblivion or become really ugly or constantly star in shit like other child actors. He's actually made an effort to tone up his body and preserve an image and to be honest, even if the film isn't great, at least he's investing himself in it properly.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 Feb 2016, 01:19

I don't think I've seen him in anything recently, but I wouldn't recognize him.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 24 Feb 2016, 18:38

I have a feeling Chuck Liddell might be in ALTITUDE... again.

https://twitter.com/Thekirkasaurus/stat ... 53/photo/1
Just about recovered from scrapping w @Dolph_Lundgren so thought I'd throw a few punches w @ChuckLiddell #altitude

https://twitter.com/TomDeNucci/status/7 ... 3350311937
Felt safe with @ChuckLiddell onboard - great time working with you, champ! #altitude #movie #ufc

EDIT:
Yes he is
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCGm9F0SnFX/
deniserichards_officialpageGot to work with the great @chuckliddell ..my arm isn't missing.. :)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby DRC2013 on 24 Feb 2016, 19:26

I can't figure if Chuck Liddell is the poor man's Randy Couture, or whether Couture is the poor man's liddell? :lol:

speaking in terms of DTV stardom, not taking their MMA careers into the equation. Couture was in The Expendables but Liddell seems to be getting more work in movies now.

It's kinda funny how you have the upper echelon of DTV stars like Bruce Willis, Nicolas Cage and John Cusack, and then you have the middle who used to be at the top like Van Damme and Seagal, then you have the lower level like Couture, Liddell, Luke Goss, Danny Trejo etc. And Dolph sort of moving up and down that ladder depending on what project he's working on at the moment.
DRC2013

Postby savagesketch on 24 Feb 2016, 20:18

It's a completely different time and era, that's for sure. The DTV films of Willis, Cage, and Cusack still have the looks of decent sized budgets behind them, but yes, they're a long ways from the big-budget blockbuster days of the '90's. Willis in particular just doesn't even care anymore... I've heard he's on set for 1-2 days.

Regarding the lower-level guys, it seems to be lower-rent productions; some of the productions have the feel of being filmed over the course of a single weekend, edited and mixed over the next weekend, and then released within a few months just to write off for taxes (of course, I'm not an expert as to how this goes down :lol: ).

Regardless, it's just a sign of the era we're living in. Money talks, and it is what's driving the decisions of everyone on that list. Each role is a paycheck, nothing more.
savagesketch

Re: ALTITUDE (Alex Merkin, 2016) (in post-production)

Postby Jox on 01 Mar 2016, 12:21

I was recently thinking that, even though Dolph was "just an athlete and fighter" when he broke through the movie business, he made a real huge impression with his first role, got fans and a charisma that earned him to start a career of his own. On the other hand, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Steve Austin and all the fighters now appearing in films (I won't even mention Cung Le) never made a real memorable impression on film as far as I know, they didn't scare people off like Drago did, and seem to have been put in movies in a totally arbitrary way (and rarely impress on screen, even when fighting or play baddies) just because they're big guys with a MMA resume and an agent (and MMA also being a mediatized business as well, unlike old school martial arts amateur championships).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 01 Mar 2016, 13:35

Well, I'll disagree on one point : Cung Le is the one with the most interesting filmography. He has made the really good chinese flick "Bodyguards & assassins", the XWong Kar Wai "The Grandmaster", and appearing in middle movies (the horro scifi Pandorum and the RZA's directed "The man with the iron fist"). Other than that, not a great actor I agree (and these movies were made more than 7 years ago, so he's on the declining side of his career now :P ) . :wink:
bomaz

Postby Jox on 01 Mar 2016, 14:50

bomaz wrote:Cung Le is the one with the most interesting filmography. He has made the really good chinese flick "Bodyguards & assassins", the XWong Kar Wai "The Grandmaster", and appearing in middle movies (the horro scifi Pandorum and the RZA's directed "The man with the iron fist").

I forgot that, but did he have memorable roles other than the stereotyped "Asian fighting guy" or did he show any particular promise, charisma or persona on screen?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 04 Mar 2016, 10:38

Denise Richards-Dolph Lundgren Thriller ‘Altitude’ Sees Strong Sales
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/denis ... 201722373/

Aerial action thriller “Altitude,” starring Denise Richards, Dolph Lundgren and Chuck Liddell, has wrapped production after selling half a dozen key international territories, Variety has learned exclusively.

Taylor & Dodge, which launched sales at the Berlin Film Festival, has sold “Altitude” to Abbey Road Films for Eastern Europe, Another World Entertainment for Scandinavia, Central Park Films for Turkey, Gaga Corporation for Japan, Inopia Films for Spain, Notorious Pictures for Italy and Phoenicia Pictures International for the Middle East. Hollywood Media Bridge is handling the domestic rights.

Greer Grammer (“Awkward”) also stars in the airborne thriller about a team of thieves who hijack an airliner in search of diamonds stolen from them by a former cohort. Richards plays an FBI agent who forms an uncomfortable alliance with the hijackers’ target, a master thief, to save the passengers before it’s too late.

Alex Merkin directed from Jesse Mittelstadt’s script. “Altitude” started production on Feb. 1 in Los Angeles.

Producers are Richard Switzer, Tyler W. Konney, Jonathan DelPonte and Phillip B. Goldfine. Executive producers are James Macmillan, Jared Safier and Jonathan Lipnicki, who’s also featured in the film.

Richards is best known for being in “Starship Troopers,” “Wild Things,” “The World Is Not Enough” and the series “Denise Richards: It’s Complicated.”

Lundgren has starred in the three “Expendables” movies as Gunner Jensen. Lidell is the former Ultimate Fighting Championship Light Heavyweight Champion.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 15 Apr 2016, 10:42

New poster artwork for distribution sales... (Cannes market approaching)
https://www.facebook.com/altitudemovie/

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 25 Apr 2016, 11:33

Before Dolph was attached, ALTITUDE was set to be shot a year prior (January 2015) in Newburgh, New York.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 24 Jun 2016, 18:59

Revised poster with Dolph's and Chuck Liddell's names reversed

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 20 Jul 2016, 22:43

Behind the scenes pic
(Dolph on the right)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 03 Sep 2016, 20:45

DPA Microphones, Sound Devices And Wisycom Selected For “Altitude”
http://www.prosoundweb.com/site/dpa_mic ... _altitude/
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies