Ivan Drago Film

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Should Sylvester Stallone recast Ivan Drago for the spinoff?

1) Yes - Dolph Lundren is too old
No votes
2) Yes - Dolph Lundren won't do it
17%
3) Yes - Because Stallone is a jerk
No votes
4) No - Dolph Lundren is hot
No votes
5) No - Dolph Lundren is in awesome shape
50%
6) No - Because Stallone is too smart to do that
33%

Total votes : 6

Ivan Drago Film

Postby Movie Fan on 31 Jul 2016, 07:59

I saw on "Movieclips Coming Soon" that an Ivan Drago script was pulled from a Rocky fansite because it was going into negotiations? Would that be sweet or what?!! What do you think

TRIVIA - What was the highest grossing Rocky film?
Movie Fan

Re: Ivan Drago Film

Postby Jox on 31 Jul 2016, 23:41

Movie Fan wrote:I saw on "Movieclips Coming Soon" that an Ivan Drago script was pulled from a Rocky fansite because it was going into negotiations?

There's fan-script by a guy named Andrew LeMay who tried to get some attention by sending out his own press release, calling out the Rocky stars on social medias and posted the script on TotalRocky.com, but like with most spec scripts, it didn't go into negotiations...

How CREED got made is uncanny especially for a Stallone project and one that belongs to his franchises...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Movie Fan on 01 Aug 2016, 20:45

How CREED got made is uncanny especially for a Stallone project and one that belongs to his franchises...

Before Ryan Coogler started working at the same agency as Stallone, wasn't the CREED screenplay considered "fan fiction"? If Rocky 4 grossed more money than all the other Rocky movies, why wouldn't Stallone want to capitalize on that? Would you like to see an Dolph Lundren play Ivan Drago again?
Movie Fan

Postby Jox on 02 Aug 2016, 10:56

Movie Fan wrote:Before Ryan Coogler started working at the same agency as Stallone, wasn't the CREED screenplay considered "fan fiction"?

It was a screenplay written by fans, but fans who were talented and had some success in the festival circuit. But still like I said it was "unusual" or unlikely.

why wouldn't Stallone want to capitalize on that?

Sure and that's in his DNA, but he doesn't need a script from an unknown to do so.

Would you like to see an Dolph Lundren play Ivan Drago again?

Not necessarily. And he laughs at the idea himself.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 02 Aug 2016, 11:27

Unless Ryan Coogler (outside of Dolph himself naturally) desires it for Creed 2, I see no need to ever hear of Drago again.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 02 Aug 2016, 19:10

Right, like fantasies in general, most fan-fantasies should remain as such...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Movie Fan on 03 Aug 2016, 06:26

Geeze... if this is where Dolph Lundgren fans come to hang out, I'd hate to see where his enemies go! :evil:
Movie Fan

Postby Movie Fan on 03 Aug 2016, 06:34

But, I will give you the benefit of the doubt (to keep the conversation going). "IF" there were to be an Ivan Drago film, AND Dolph Lundgren was to reprise the role, WHAT would need to happen (as an ULTIMATE, DOLPH LUNDGREN FAN!) in the film to satisfy your insatiable appetite to make it be worthy of your praise?

For me, I'd like the movie to explain where in the heck Ivan Drago has been for the past 30 years :!:
Movie Fan

Postby Jox on 03 Aug 2016, 15:43

Little did you know it's a den of demanding fans you found here haha! :wink:

If that were to happen then I'd ask to be surprised and challenged the way CREED or UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: REGENERATION and DAY OF RECKONING succeeded it, in a way that would also take Dolph as Drago in a deep direction or spin-off and not just a gimmicky follow up/reprise of the character.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Movie Fan on 05 Aug 2016, 23:21

NEWS: I saw @TheSlyStallone post something about Ivan Drago on Twitter. Could it be a teaser?

As for "Drago", I understand that at the core of the film it would have to be about boxing and redemption, which all Rocky films pretty much have, but to mirror the original Rocky, although it's a formula that worked for "Creed", I don't think it would be as believable or genuine as "Rocky Balboa" was.

Are there any other old Rocky foes you would like to see come back in future franchises like Creed 2 or Drago?
Movie Fan

Postby Movie Fan on 12 Aug 2016, 03:24

Jox wrote: There's fan-script by a guy named Andrew LeMay who tried...

Is this the guy you were talking about? I found him online. Not sure what it means when someone hearts a tweet, but could it be that they know each other?
Attachments
20160811-0437.JPG
Will Antonio Tarver be cast in Ivan Drago, Rocky 4 Spinoff?
20160811-0437.JPG (99.95 KiB) Viewed 12073 times
Movie Fan

Postby shooby on 12 Aug 2016, 14:43

wait and see
shooby

Return to News / Rumors