MUSIC VIDEOS

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Imagine Dragons music video "Believer"

Postby Jox on 14 Mar 2017, 15:33

More than 7 million views in 7 days!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 15 Mar 2017, 11:13

Imagine Dragons‏ @Imaginedragons

FAN MUSIC VIDEO EDIT CONTEST - $25k for the best new version of 'Believer' - get tons of new footage: http://adobe.ly/2n4NKlY @AdobePremiere

Jox
Site Admin

Re: Dolph Lundgren in Original Music Videos

Postby Jox on 20 Mar 2017, 19:42

Actually the Imagine Dragons video actually prompted me to merge the music video topics into one so I'll do that soon... :wink:

From the top of my head there's only been a few... as well as music videos with movie footage (ROCKY IV, JOHNNY MNEMONIC, THE EXPENDABLES):

- "Bodycount's in the House" by Ice-T/Bodycount (1992, UNISOL end credits song with Dolph and JCVD appearing at the end)

- "Kosmosa" by Russian singer Irson Kudikova (2006)

- "Breakdown" by D2 (2009, COMMAND PERFORMANCE)

- "Give a little bit" (2008), Swedish Red Cross commercial directed by Jonas Akerlund (SMALL APARTMENTS)

- "Believer" (2017) by Imagine Dragons
Jox
Site Admin

Re: MUSIC VIDEOS

Postby Jox on 21 Mar 2017, 11:58

MQ / Red Cross (various artists)

MQ / Red Cross (Dolph & Anette)

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 23 Mar 2017, 22:16

Jox wrote:
Imagine Dragons‏ @Imaginedragons

FAN MUSIC VIDEO EDIT CONTEST - $25k for the best new version of 'Believer' - get tons of new footage: http://adobe.ly/2n4NKlY @AdobePremiere

Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 25 Mar 2017, 21:31

shooby

Postby Jox on 04 Apr 2017, 00:34

Imagine Dragons video behind the scenes talk with the director
http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/ ... ice_to_asp

I'm like, “Well, there's an idea I've been sitting on for a while.” There's a boxer, and he's fighting an older version of himself, and that struggle. Obviously, people can interpret the video however they want. Dan [Reynolds, Imagine Dragons frontman] is in the prime of his life, and just this idea that he doesn't want to get older, so he's fighting this older version of himself. Then the older boxer—I feel like that when I'm 60, when I look back on the 30-year-old version of myself, I'm probably gonna hate that person, so it's that idea of this internal struggle of growing up and aging. I thought that maybe we could base it off something like that. They liked the idea, and they started saying, “Well, who should we use as the older version of Dan?” The first ideas that were coming out were Dan saying, “Oh, I have this uncle that looks like me, and he's in good shape.” I threw out the idea almost jokingly. I'm like, “You know we ought to get Dolph Lundgren.” He was the Russian guy from Rocky. He was 6 feet 4 inches just like Dan, and his haircut right now looks just like Dan. I'm like, “We need to find someone like that. Someone who has some martial arts experience or some boxing experience.” We all kind of laughed it off, and then a few hours later Mac calls back and says, “Hey, I just got off the phone with Dolph's manager, and he's into it. So we have Dolph now.” Like wait, what? Like we're gonna use Dolph Lundgren? That was really exciting for all of us, that he was willing to jump on board so easily.

The inspiration, though, for the visuals of it: The single art for the single "Believer" was done by the artist Beeple. He's this incredible 3D artist—kind of like world-renowned. They used one of his pieces as their single cover. In the cover, there are the three colored striped bars and some of the shapes and designs of things we tried to use in the video. Obviously, the video is heavily, heavily inspired by his artwork because we tried to make it look like that single art.

Discussing and breaking down the editing:

Trivia, the DP is the cinematographer of WAR PIGS.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Apr 2017, 16:40

http://rock937online.com/imagine-dragon ... g-contest/
"Unexpected" is a good word to use for the "Believer" video, which stars Rocky IV actor Dolph Lundgren boxing with frontman Dan Reynolds.

"We don't really ever want to do the expected thing. I think our 'Radioactive' video sort of cements that idea," says Sermon. "I feel like we always wanna have fun with our videos and do something unexpected, because that's the kinda the videos we liked." For example, Sermon points to Foo Fighters' goofy "Learn to Fly" video.

As "children of the '80s" and big Rocky fans, the members of Imagine Dragons knew Lundgren would be great for the "Believer" video.

"We reached out to him," Sermon explains. "You never know what to expect when you reach out to people, if they've even head of your band, if they even know you exist or anything like that. He seemed to know the band and was pretty excited about it."

"We only made him say 'I [must] break you' once or twice on set, so we did him a courtesy there," he adds.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 16 Apr 2017, 13:31

Almost 30 million views on YT for the Imagine Dragons music video since March 7...
(it will probably be seen by more people than any of the EXPENDABLES movies)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 May 2017, 10:46

Entertainment Tonight interview with Imagine Dragons on the 'Believer' music video
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 28 Jun 2017, 10:12

Can't tell if this is official or not

Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 28 Jun 2017, 12:32

Well, the video is now over 100 millions views. I honestly thought it would stagger at 45/50 millions, but it still getting views is quite good.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 28 Jun 2017, 17:21

bomaz wrote:Well, the video is now over 100 millions views. I honestly thought it would stagger at 45/50 millions, but it still getting views is quite good.

That's crazy, I see that's their 5th most viewed video, with older ones of 3-4 years ago going up to 699 million views on YT! :shock:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 11 Sep 2017, 13:01

And the Believer video is now over 200MM (206 millions to be precise)
bomaz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion