CREED II (Steven Caple, Jr., 2018)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

CREED II (Steven Caple, Jr., 2018)

Postby Ivan Drago on 04 Jul 2017, 03:54

This is just Sylvester Stallone teasing his ideas for a possible Creed 2 on his Instagram, so take that for however much it's worth.

Ivan Drago

Re: Creed 2

Postby bomaz on 04 Jul 2017, 12:59

Well, Dolph seems to imply it as well.
bomaz

Postby Dida on 04 Jul 2017, 13:34

I really would like this to happen. First Aquaman for Dolph and then Creed 2. Great for his career!
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Postby Jox on 05 Jul 2017, 21:12

Representatives for Stallone had “nothing to add” when reached by EW. New Line Cinema and reps for Creed director Ryan Coogler did not immediately respond to EW’s request for comment.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/07/03/sylvest ... -rocky-iv/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 06 Jul 2017, 09:46

I would love nothing more than a steady working relationship between Dolph and Warner Bros.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Ivan Drago on 22 Jul 2017, 04:23

In a new Instagram post, Rocky creator Sylvester Stallone confirmed several things about MGM‘s in-development Creed II. For one, that he himself has written the full script, or at least what will serve as the basis for the script, after Ryan Coogler and Aaron Covington wrote the last one by themselves. Second, he has solidified what many had assumed for a while, which is that Dolph Lundgren’s Ivan Drago, and probably his offspring, will be involved in a big bloody battle with Adonis Creed in the ring.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/8 ... t#/slide/1
Ivan Drago

Postby Jox on 22 Jul 2017, 11:04

That still seems very ambiguous to me (otherwise he also "announced" COBRA 2 and other stuff) but whatever.
instead of making a statement on the Indi RAMBO remake, his reps should have come forward regarding CREED II...

This is the original Instagram post mentioned above:
officialslystallone
JUST DONE .... if you are curious , around 439 handwritten pages translates into about a 120 page typed screenplay ...#writers cramp #rockybalboa #drago #adoniscreed #MGM

In any case I hope Ryan Coogler is deeply involved because he's responsible for making CREED unexpected greatness. If Sly is taking charge I'm afraid he's gonna go into old, cheesy ideas or won't make it as realistic or gritty compared to the "first" film...

EDIT:
I couldn't decipher anything of this hand-written script but apparently some people did:
http://totalrocky.com/articles/sylveste ... cript.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 23 Jul 2017, 01:15

Jox wrote:In any case I hope Ryan Coogler is deeply involved because he's responsible for making CREED unexpected greatness. If Sly is taking charge I'm afraid he's gonna go into old, cheesy ideas or won't make it as realistic or gritty compared to the "first" film...

Gotta admit... This doesn't excite me a whole lot. Creed was its own animal... It was its own world in which the character of Rocky Balboa existed, but Balboa was merely a supporting character. Coogler made it realistic and not an entire rehash of the standard "Rocky formula." While Rocky is an integral component of Creed, it's still Coogler's film. As much respect as I have for Sly, I'm afraid that if he's writing it, it's going to deviate into the fantastic and absurd that the initial Rocky series transformed into. I've said it before... While I love ROCKY IV, it's almost a completely different film than the original two ROCKY films. And with Ivan Drago supposedly being involved (who knows in what capacity), the gritty, realistic universe that Coogler originated will deviate into the same silly "Super CREED" that Part IV became...
savagesketch

Re: CREED 2 (????, 2017-2018) (in development)

Postby TEMIRLAN on 23 Jul 2017, 07:47

with Drago the fourth Rocky was the highest grossed film of the series, so Sly with producers don't care about what you have said. i'm personally excited about this project.
TEMIRLAN

Postby savagesketch on 23 Jul 2017, 08:29

TEMIRLAN wrote:unnecessary quote deleted

True, producers don't care about my opinions. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I'm still entitled to express them. And ROCKY IV was 1985 -- well over 30 years ago. Movies have changed. Audiences have changed. Coogler pumped new blood into the franchise, which is hard to deny.

Regardless, it's all in the rumor stages, so there's no need to get our hopes up (or down).
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 23 Jul 2017, 20:46

savagesketch wrote:Gotta admit... This doesn't excite me a whole lot. Creed was its own animal... It was its own world in which the character of Rocky Balboa existed, but Balboa was merely a supporting character. Coogler made it realistic and not an entire rehash of the standard "Rocky formula." While Rocky is an integral component of Creed, it's still Coogler's film. As much respect as I have for Sly, I'm afraid that if he's writing it, it's going to deviate into the fantastic and absurd that the initial Rocky series transformed into. I've said it before... While I love ROCKY IV, it's almost a completely different film than the original two ROCKY films. And with Ivan Drago supposedly being involved (who knows in what capacity), the gritty, realistic universe that Coogler originated will deviate into the same silly "Super CREED" that Part IV became...

Exactly, I mean it has to follow the serious and gritty tone of the original CREED all while building up the plot and characters in a sensible and realistic way. So I really hope Coogler is deeply involved in the process otherwise Sly will likely take the easy route and surf on the unpredicted success of the first one with predictable stuff (and his career not in a desperate situation enough -which is always when he puts his best- to go deep in his guts like with ROCKY I or ROCKY BALBOA).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 25 Jul 2017, 05:53

savagesketch wrote:
TEMIRLAN wrote:unnecessary quote deleted

True, producers don't care about my opinions. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I'm still entitled to express them. And ROCKY IV was 1985 -- well over 30 years ago. Movies have changed. Audiences have changed. Coogler pumped new blood into the franchise, which is hard to deny.

Regardless, it's all in the rumor stages, so there's no need to get our hopes up (or down).

sorry, mate, if my post was rude. i'm not a native english speaker and sometimes i can't express my mind nice.

i think the director of the original movie is not involved. he has bigger things to do already. my guess.
TEMIRLAN

Re: CREED II (????, 2017-2018) (in development)

Postby Jox on 04 Aug 2017, 18:06

Not saying much but Sly told TMZ:
"You know I gotta hit Drago once."

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/03/sylvester ... d-million/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 08 Aug 2017, 16:30

So I assume if MALEVOLENCE is shot in October/November, that the filming CREED II would not start until December or January, unless Dolph joins the production mid-way...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 08 Aug 2017, 17:10

if dolph will be busy in oct/nov/dec/jan, then what about his role in Aquaman?
TEMIRLAN

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies