Dolph in DURCH DIE NACHT / INTO THE NIGHT episode (2006)

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mosquito on 29 Apr 2006, 15:59

I'd do the same for the German version... but unfortunately we still haven't "upgraded" our Tivo so we can't copy stuff from the thing.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 03 May 2006, 15:21

Hi, there!! I could handle to record the whole TV ducomentation on "Durch die Nacht mit...", starring Ralph Herforth and Dolph Lundgren and I was surprised about the way the two guys have managed to become "good friends" (at the end for sure!). In there between, I didn't understand why both were visiting this artist within his flat. An interesting show to watch, including a few retrospectiv views on legendairy movies like "Schattenboxer" (1992) and mostly a few sequences that represented Dolph within the good old 80s! :)
He even used to be a guest in the typically German TV show "Wetten, dass...?" and had a big smile on his face when he stepped towards Thomas Gottschalk. Maybe we can upload the reportage, if it's not oversized.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 04 May 2006, 16:29

Cool idea, can you digitise it?

I thought it was a nice show with a few technical flaws. Some very ironic scenes: first in the car, two action heroes, and what do they talk about? The problem of raising teenage kids. ;-) And then later when both were sleeping in the car. Hilarious. ;-) Or when Ralph accidentally triggered the alarm in that museum and stepped out of the location, quite embarrassed. :lol:

First in that hotel room the sound was quite bad. I really had to concentrate to understand what Ralph was saying. And later in the restaurant the camera was too close to their faces, a bit annoying after some time. But otherwise very nice. What were they doing at the designer's flat? I thought it was something like the visit of the museum: show Stockholm curiosities. ;) I thought the guy had some funny and very handy ideas. The table that can carry up to 2 litres of spilled beverages... cool. ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 04 May 2006, 17:53

Mosquito wrote:Cool idea, can you digitise it?

For the moment I can't do that because my computer is broken and the card I used to do that is in PCMCIA format, when he'll be repair I'll do it
shooby

Postby Terminator on 04 May 2006, 20:33

Well, if this board has still enough capacity and web space, I could try to upload my record. I took it on a seperate DVD Recorder that firstly consists of a large Hard Disk Drive. The quality is good, it is completely recorded (I do only have to cut off about five minutes before and after the TV show was set to be broadcast.).
So if somebody has got an idea how to realize my chances of efforts, please tell me.

@ Mosquito: Yeah, you are right: I thought the scene at the black limo was kind of cute... but they were awakening a way to fast. When they stopped, they immediatelly stepped out of the car- actually, you'd have to wait a few seconds, to have some time to look around and to stretch for a sec... but I can understand: the two big guys who are always ready for the scene, just waiting to show they are never getting asleep, even if they did. ^^

I think the short clip where Dolph used to be a guest at Thomas Gottschalk's famous TV show was either set in 1987 or in 1992- he just had on this Red Scorpion- look. Short hair and this big and unexpected smile of Dolph, you can easily recognize by watching him walking through the desert of Africa with the bushman.

Conclusionally, there were less movies Dolph were starring in than Ralph. I'd have loved to see at least two or three other outtakes.

In the end, when they both planned to meet the following day, there might have been another, second part. "I'll get you there at 1 p.m." was the hint to me to show about another couple of minutes, when they try to fight against each other that next day (March, 26th 2006) by wearing trunks etc.

I noticed an intro track: I think they used a sample of the furious rock band ACDC- do you know which track I am just talking about? Dolph was getting dressed with his black jacket to be send to the right place.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby shooby on 05 May 2006, 10:43

I like the passage when they are in his dojo and when he answered, when they saw the pics of his show of ice-breaking : "At this time I'm young and stupid"
shooby

Postby Terminator on 05 May 2006, 14:59

That's right. ;)
But about 5 blocks of ice, just smashed with both hands syncroneous?? They looked very thick! Concentration and strenght will do. ^^

The quote of Winston Churchill was awesome, too. I think this message kept through all the years until today, right?

But who the heck was this artist? Did he ever play a significant role either in the life of Dolph or in the life of Ralph? Did he stand for a known person you should never miss when you travel to Stockholm? BTW, this large plate with the surrounding pit might be unnecessary: If your glass does fall, it could overlap the frame quite easily and nothing could stop it flouncing down to the ground on the floor.
Terminator
Regular

Postby shooby on 05 May 2006, 15:15

Terminator wrote:That's right. ;)
But about 5 blocks of ice, just smashed with both hands syncroneous?? They looked very thick! Concentration and strenght will do. ^^

The quote of Winston Churchill was awesome, too. I think this message kept through all the years until today, right?

But who the heck was this artist? Did he ever play a significant role either in the life of Dolph or in the life of Ralph? Did he stand for a known person you should never miss when you travel to Stockholm? BTW, this large plate with the surrounding pit might be unnecessary: If your glass does fall, it could overlap the frame quite easily and nothing could stop it flouncing down to the ground on the floor.

Yes but I think americans don't like him if they heard this passage ! To say that mediates have too much spoken about The World Trade Center attack of the 09/11 and don't speak anough with other world tragedies which have kill more people, it's right, but it's courageous
shooby

Postby Mosquito on 05 May 2006, 21:06

shooby wrote:Yes but I think americans don't like him if they heard this passage ! To say that mediates have too much spoken about The World Trade Center attack of the 09/11 and don't speak anough with other world tragedies which have kill more people, it's right, but it's courageous

I was quite amused. Two Europeans sporting today's favourite hobby: U.S. Bashing. Could have been me and a couple of friends. :mrgreen: But I thought the same: Quite courageous of him since he heavily depends on U.S. fans. And I suppose that especially action fans might be the patriotic ones. But on the other hand... how many people may have watched that show? And how many people outside Europe will have the chance of watching it at all? Not too many I guess, even if we put it up for download (which may raise some copyrigth issues, no?)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 05 May 2006, 21:17

Sure, but if americans don't saw it, mediates could show it after a good searching and use it when they want ! Some show in America works like that
shooby

Postby Jox on 06 May 2006, 05:09

But I thought the same: Quite courageous of him since he heavily depends on U.S. fans.

actually Dolph always had a better following in Europe and Asia (where more of his films has been released theatrically actually), he still has a strong fan base in the US
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 06 May 2006, 23:07

I wonder if my generation does still belong to this aera of Dolph's succes... there are maybe 10% of young people in my age who have even heard about him... just 1-2% (like me) take him as a role model... other cheapy celebrities have arisen to the olympus of fame.
I can hardly say how many people there are in the USA who are absolutely pro Dolph.

Recently, I noticed that Dolph had his difficulties to talk within the museum after they had a dinner, right? Maybe there was a way to much alcohol.^^

Are there any hints or announcements that preview another update reportage about Dolph? This one was quite good, but I need more.
Terminator
Regular

Postby Jox on 19 Jun 2006, 02:03

Here's a funny story about that show: a friend of mine who's now working as a personal assistant for Steven Seagal told me that Seagal has been asked to do it and passed on that show.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 11 Jul 2006, 16:24

I am interested in the music/soundtracks they used for this TV show "Durch die Nacht mit Dolph Lundgren und Ralph Herforth". I only know one track, this is "ACDC- for those about to rock" which was played (cut- track) when Dolph got dressed for his meeting with Ralph.
There are other great music sequences, like an interpret who was singing in the very beginning... "the one- the one that's leading to" or something like that...
another techno/industrial track is shown when the view is on Stockholm's harbour, zooming through the city.
I'd LOVE to get to know about those tracks!! :)
Terminator
Regular

Postby Angelique on 12 Jul 2006, 01:41

maybe you should install Limewire it's a download program!! it works really well!!

www.limewire.com hope you find it!! :D
I'm All Ears...
Angelique

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion