INTERVIEWS

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

"TAKE THE TOWER" (Robin Trump, 2018, TV show,) (completed)

Postby Jox on 13 Sep 2018, 01:16

Jox wrote:Press kit including an interview with Dolph
https://www.itv.com/presscentre/sites/d ... final_.pdf

Dolph, what can viewers expect from Take The Tower?
“They can expect a lot of action, because it’s based on action movies, fun, comedy and some stress! What’s unique about it in my opinion is it’s based on action movies and the competitors are action fans – and they have to go up against one of the old school ‘action guys’!”

What appealed to you to take part in the show?
“It was a unique concept that suited me pretty well. When I spoke to the director, he wanted to make it light and comedic, which I though was good as I don’t get a lot of chance to do that. I know the Brits are the best comedians – they write very funny comedies, so I thought I’d give it a shot.”

Can you tell us about the missions?
“The missions take place in the tower, finishing off in my penthouse. Expect a different challenge on every level. You’ve got strategic missions, physical tests, and plenty of movie quizzes thrown in. You’ve got friends, family and couples together and it’s completely unpredictable how they will pool their knowledge and work together. It’s fast paced, adrenalin filled and will have you totally glued to your screen.”

In the series, you are challenged against the contestants. Can you tell us about that? How did you fare?
“It was tough for me! I’d just arrived from LA and was jet lagged! I felt the pressure. I had to live up to my image! I think the results were pretty good – I won some, I lost some – and some were very close. If I’d won all of them no one would have won any prizes which would have been sad. The Duel is very quick and based on reaction time and co-ordination. When the contestants first meet me on the show, it’s on camera. They step out of this elevator and there I am, in all my glory in my suit looking bad-ass in my penthouse, staring them down with no emotion, so some of them got a little shaky! On the whole, we got on well and it was all in good humour.”

What qualities do contestants need to scale the tower?
“They have to be very co-ordinated and sharp – it’s a mental, physical co-ordination, eye-hand co- ordination and they had to help each other – they had to be supportive of the team members. In the Duel, it was just being able to relax and trust your reflexes - and not think too much.”

What were your stand out moments from shooting the series?
“I liked some of the opening monologues – they were quite funny and well-written. There was one or two teams where it was heart breaking when the lost when they’d done really well. I beat them at the end – and I felt sorry for them! There was one team I invited to the premiere of Creed 2 – so I guess I will see those guys again soon.”

As an action movie hero, did you learn anything from the series yourself?!
“Being the host of a show is demanding, especially delivering tongue in cheek monologues. It’s not something I do every day. It’s always great to be close to your fans. To do something together with them, to share something – especially some kind of contest. I kind of appreciate my role as an actor and an entertainer to make people feel good. That’s what I have done for years now and it feels nice to get the rewards of it.”

What other projects are you working on at the moment – what’s up next for you?
“I’ve finished two pictures, coming up this year – one is Creed 2, a boxing movie with Sylvester Stallone, a sequel to Creed and to the Rocky series. That’s coming out in November. Then there’s another picture called Aquaman. Right now I’m in Rome, directing a picture, a small movie I’ve wanted to do for many years, a psychological drama.”
Jox
Site Admin

Re: INTERVIEWS

Postby Jox on 18 Sep 2018, 22:06

'The Russians are here for a reason': Dolph Lundgren teases 'Creed 2' plot
https://torontosun.com/entertainment/mo ... eed-2-plot
During a visit to the film’s set earlier this year, Lundgren, dressed in a warm-up suit with the name DRAGO emblazoned on the front, reflected on what it was like to resurrect one of cinema’s most iconic characters.

Were you expecting to play Drago again?

No, I wasn’t. I didn’t want to do it at first because I thought it would take away from the original and there was no way to do it without being caught up in the cartoonish sort of way I played that villain. But I met (the director) Steven Caple and I read his script and I realized the guy is really, really talented. And the character (as he’s written now) is tremendously interesting and challenging. That’s why I wanted to do it.

Were you surprised after Creed that they’d come back with a storyline that revisited the Drago character?

Yes, I was. I went to the premiere of the first Creed and I was there and Sly was there and we took some pictures. I was sitting in the audience and I realized suddenly, ‘Oh s—. I’m the one that killed his dad — people here are going to hate me.’ But luckily they never showed any of that in the movie. Still, I didn’t expect this kind of story. I heard from Stallone first that there was an idea. It was a, sins-of-the-fathers kind of theme. I knew that resonated with him and it resonated with me. I thought that was clever.

What’s the biggest difference between Rocky IV and Creed II?

The big difference is the style. Rocky IV was more of a cartoon. In that you’re taking 500 punches to the head and you’re still OK. It was about building up an insurmountable villain and then beating him. As soon as (Drago) is beat up that movie is over. This movie isn’t about that. It’s about these characters trying to find themselves in the world. When the fight’s over, it doesn’t mean the movie is over; that’s not the closure of the story. It goes on. That’s a lot like the first Rocky. In the first Rocky, Apollo Creed wasn’t really a villain he was just an obstacle for Rocky to find himself and prove something to himself. I think that happens in this story too and it’s unexpected. The Russians are here for a reason. It’s not just about getting beat up.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 Sep 2018, 17:43

‘Rocky changed my life!’ Dolph Lundgren on returning as Ivan Drago in Creed II and hosting ITV4 challenge show Take the Tower
https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/rocky- ... er-550850/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 08 Oct 2018, 18:31

This morning on "Good Morning Britain"

Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 08 Oct 2018, 18:48

The Trump impression cracked me up. He absolutely has to do more funny stuff.
Last edited by bomaz on 10 Oct 2018, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
bomaz

Postby bomaz on 10 Oct 2018, 13:50

Creed 2 muscleman Dolph Lundgren on wild sex orgies with Grace Jones

A surprisingly sober intro from The Sun :lol:
bomaz

Postby bomaz on 10 Oct 2018, 19:23

Oh man, tabloïds :lol:
The Daily Star
Rocky IV star Dolph Lundgren reveals he slept with FIVE GIRLS a night in orgy sex sessions
ROCKY IV star Dolph Lundgren has revealed he would have up to five girls a night in exhausting group sex sessions – including his then-girlfriend Grace Jones.

Page Six
Dolph Lundgren had to fight Stallone after sex parties with Grace Jones
bomaz

Postby Jox on 15 Oct 2018, 00:27

Dolph was on the Swedish TV show "Hellennus hörna" for about 30 min,
Axel saw it and said it was great
https://www.tv4play.se/program/hellenius-hörna/3971817
(can't play outside Sweden unfortunately)
https://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/ ... -uppvaxten

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 15 Oct 2018, 13:01

Ida's love message to Dolph (in English)
https://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/ ... -uppvaxten

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 16 Oct 2018, 09:41

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 22 Oct 2018, 17:44

Muscle & Fitness interview - 3 videos

1/ Dolph Lundgren Talks Working With Stallone on ‘Creed II’
https://twitter.com/muscle_fitness/stat ... 3654788096

2/ Dolph_Lundgren talks about his return as 'Ivan Drago' in the new 'Creed 2' movie.
https://twitter.com/muscle_fitness/stat ... 6035599361

3/
Jox
Site Admin

Swedish Talk Show - Hellenius Hörna - October 2018

Postby Dolph_Fan on 23 Oct 2018, 03:02

Swedish talk show: Hellenius Hörna, October 2018

Video:
Dolph_Fan
Regular

Postby Jox on 30 Oct 2018, 00:25