AQUAMAN (James Wan, 2018)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: AQUAMAN (James Wan, 2018) (completed)

Postby Jox on 30 Oct 2018, 16:00

Long Range Tracking: ‘Mary Poppins Returns,’ ‘Aquaman,’ & ‘Bumblebee’
Aquaman
Opening Weekend Range: $40 – 60 million

The DC cinematic brand will be tested again with the universe’s first chapter since last year’s Justice League under-performed. A strong contingent of fans are excited for this character’s first big-screen solo adventure, while Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, and the ensemble cast should help translate to fair appeal among both men and women.

Social buzz thus far is comparable to Ant-Man and the Wasp, although a less front-loaded run is likely given the time of year. Reviews and word of mouth, as always, will be key for the comic book adaptation, but Aquaman is effectively looking to serve as the top option for moviegoers interested in an action-driven spectacle around the holiday break.

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tr ... bumblebee/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 30 Oct 2018, 17:35

what do you guys think on how this one is gonna do in theatres?
TEMIRLAN

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 31 Oct 2018, 02:47

It's gonna be big. The latest trailer has trended very well on youtube and I think people really want a DC movie to finally not suck lol.

Well besides Wonder Woman which was fun.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 31 Oct 2018, 19:52

Madame Tussauds Orlando Reveals Jason Momoa as Aquaman
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 39764.html

Aquaman: Undertow
https://www.harpercollins.com/978006287 ... -undertow/
Aquaman: Undertow is the never-before-seen prequel story of a young Arthur Curry, set in the cinematic world of Aquaman and the DC Universe—perfect for fans of the highly anticipated movie!
Before he was King of Atlantis . . .
Thirteen-year-old Arthur Curry has enough troubles to sink a ship. His mom left him and his dad when Arthur was only three years old. He doesn't fit in with the other students at school. To them, he's just “fish boy,” a weird, freaky kid. But Arthur has a secret. Something so secret, even he doesn't know what it is.
With the help of his only friend, Claudia, Arthur will begin to learn the truth about his mother, himself, and a legendary world that may actually exist.
Oh, and he learns about octopuses. Octopi. It's probably octopi, right?

Aquaman: Arthur's Guide to Atlantis
https://www.harpercollins.com/978006285 ... -atlantis/
With entries from thirteen-year-old Aquaman, aka Arthur Curry, this guide provides you with everything you need to know about the hidden kingdom. From the city’s amphibious population to a look into the weapons and armor vault, this imaginative guide is sure to be a hit with fans of the highly anticipated film.
This full-color paperback features 144 pages of entertaining notes, journal entries, and exclusive never-before-seen photos!

The Art and Making of Aquaman at $28.46 instead of $45
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1683835034/
The Art and Making of Aquaman takes readers behind the scenes of the highly anticipated 2018 Warner Bros. Pictures film based on the popular DC character. Featuring previously unseen photographs and breathtaking concept art, this book is a must-have for any fan. Witness the epic journey of Aquaman, a Super Hero who struggles to accept his heritage as undersea royalty in his first solo film.

Follow along with the production team as these skilled artists create a unique undersea world for the big screen. Exclusive interviews highlight a comprehensive narrative that flows through this stunning collection of concept sketches, storyboards, set and costume photography, and effects imagery, giving readers an unparalleled look at the making of the film.

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 01 Nov 2018, 21:09

New TV spot

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 02 Nov 2018, 20:37

Amber Heard Was Sold on 'Aquaman' at the Empowering Chance to Wield a 'Sword and a Crown' (Exclusive
https://www.etonline.com/amber-heard-wa ... -exclusive

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 04 Nov 2018, 15:49

Even though the film had already been rated by the MPAA, James Wan and his team have just put on the very final touches on AQUAMAN:

James Wan @creeppypuppet

After two years of consuming and devouring my every waking hour, this little indie movie is finally done. It was a monster undertaking.
I can’t THANK enough the amazing post team of VFX/editorial/sound for working tirelessly around the clock — crazy long days, 7 days a week, for many many many weeks without a day off — towards making this a unique and beautiful film.
Everyone poured their heart and soul into it, and I can’t wait to share this 21st December!

In the meantime, I’m gonna go take a really long nap now.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 06 Nov 2018, 02:07

Win a trip to the premiere screening of Aquaman and meet Amber Heard, Jason Momoa & the cast
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/amberheard
https://vimeo.com/268473910
Join Amber Heard to provide life-saving medical care to Syrian refugee children and you could win:

· Roundtrip airfare for two to Los Angeles
· Two-night stay at a hotel
· A pair of tickets to the premiere of Aquaman
· Meet Amber, Jason and other members of the cast at the premiere

PLUS....

Even if you don't win the grand prize, 6 people will win Aquaman table cards from Comic Con signed by members of the cast!

Every $10 is a chance to win, so $50 = 5 entries
Click Here for the Official Rules. No purchase necessary.

A Message from Amber
On a recent trip to Jordan with the Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS), I met an amazing 12-year-old girl named Weam. She lives in Jordan's Zaatari Refugee Camp and suffers from thalassemia, a genetic blood disorder. The day I met her, her father brought her to the SAMS center in Zaatari Camp because she had passed out and was feeling weak.

In order to save her life, she needs blood transfusion every 20 days, and iron chelation (oral medication) daily. The cost of this lifelong treatment is around $900 monthly, and her family cannot afford it. Weam was receiving transfusion from a local NGO, but because of budget cuts, Weam hasn't been able to receive treatment for the past two months. Sadly, there are at least 12 more refugee children suffering from this life-threatening condition.

Please join me today to make a difference.
With all my love, Amber

SAMS Foundation
The Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) is a global medical relief organization that is working on the front lines of crisis relief in Syria, in neighboring countries, and beyond to alleviate suffering and save lives. SAMS proudly provides medical care and treatment to every patient in need. In 2017, SAMS provided 3.5 million medical services to those in need.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Limitations / Restrictions: Void where prohibited. Open only to U.S. & Canadian residents (Excluding Quebec), age 18+ (or the age of majority in your state, whichever is greater) at time of entry. Starts on 7/27/18 at 2:00 p.m. ET and ends on 11/16/18 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET.
Click Here for the Official Sweepstakes Rules. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Click Here for the alternative method of entry form.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Nov 2018, 20:02

World tour dates and King Nereus character poster! 8)

"Aquaman" to Take Epic Journey across the Seven Seas on Multi-City Global Tour
(press release)
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... 005520/en/
The whirlwind, four-continent jaunt will find director James Wan and stars from the upcoming film, including Jason Momoa and Amber Heard, at events from Beijing to London, New York City, Manila, Los Angeles, Miami, Sydney, Hawaii and more

November 07, 2018 09:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Beginning this month and through the film’s December 21 release, the director and stars of Warner Bros. Pictures’ upcoming action-packed “Aquaman” will journey across four continents to bring the film to fans and moviegoers around the world! Throughout the tour, Wan and the cast will participate in live-stream activities and engage fans at events and through social media:

November 18 – Beijing: Film Footage Screening and Fan Event
November 26 – London: Live Stream World Premiere
December 1 – New York City: Fan Event
December 11 – Manila: Asian Premiere and Fan Event
December 12 – Los Angeles: Live Stream U.S. Premiere
December 14 – Miami: Press Day
December 18 – Gold Coast: Australian Premiere
December 19 – Sydney: Fan Event
December 21 – Hawaii: Special Event Screening

Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 07 Nov 2018, 20:04

Hahah, you beat me by litteraly 2 seconds :lol:
bomaz

Postby Jox on 07 Nov 2018, 22:07

Textless art

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 08 Nov 2018, 12:21

FIRST LOOK: DIVE DEEP INTO THE ART AND MAKING OF AQUAMAN WITH EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/first-loo ... ve-preview

James Wan's live-action Aquaman movie is almost upon us, a film that's been in the works at Warner Bros. for quite some time. As such, there's a ton of concept art from pre-production that was just begging for its own book. SYFY WIRE's own Mike Avila, was tapped to write The Art and Making of Aquaman for Insight Editions, which hits shelves in the new year.

We have the exclusive debut for the front and back covers, as well as an interior spread that discusses the character's 70+ year history since his introduction in 1941's More Fun Comics #73.

"The first thing I did was ask ... ‘How much inside baseball do you wanna be,'" Avila said. "And I don’t mean with the film, I mean with the character and his comic [book] history. Given that it is a comic book character, you can’t ignore that. We decided that we would focus on the movie, but we wanted to set up and introduce the character to people that maybe only knew him from Justice League, or maybe even from Super Friends."

Avila's research for the book also put him into the paths of the visual effects team, speaking to them during their breaks from arduous sessions in edit rooms and design suites.

The Art and Making of Aquaman front cover
Credit: Insight Editions/Warner Bros./DC Entertainment

As you can see above, the front cover is occupied by Jason Momoa's Arthur Curry, his face partly covered by the Trident of Neptune. Curry, along with the other prinipal characters like Black Manta (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II) and Mera (Amber Heard), all have their own sections in the book. The movie's various locations and kingdoms (e.g. Amnesty Bay and The Trench) also get their own sections.

"We broke it down by sections because there’s so much in the movie and this whole mythology of Atlantis that’s being introduced here," Avila continued.

When it comes to the back cover, you've got what looks like the gladiator-esque battle between Curry and his half-brother Orm/Ocean Master (Patrick Wilson). This piece of concept art is one of many Mike got to see in an official lookbook from the studio.

"You could’ve just printed the lookbook and I think people would’ve bought it because the concept art that James Wan and his team put together for this is just amazing. It’s really spectacular how they conceptualized and visualized this from the beginning," he said. "The visuals in this movie are just mind boggling."

He also got to read the shooting script, which proved to be a huge resource in the writing process. In particular, it helped Mike to really visualize Wan's vision for Atlantis.

"It really helped me identify how important Atlantis is here and it’s pretty cool. It’s as well-realized as Gotham was in the Nolan [Batman] movies, according to Wan’s vision. It’s really great and visually, it’s just awesome."

The Art and Making of Aquaman back cover

Remaining wary of spoilers and repitition were two of the most difficult factors for Avila during the production of the book. While writing about all of the props and costumes, he had to consult a thesaurus often so as not to be too redundant. When it came to avoiding major plot spoilers, he was extra careful, making sure the book would enhance the moviegoing experience, not serve as a substitute for it.

"James was also pretty mindful of that as well. He’s the director, so he has a lot of say in it," Avila said with a laugh.

The Art and Making of Aquaman interior

Avila noted readers will be surprised at just how creative and innovative the movie really is. He said Wan's way of shooting the feature mirrors James Cameron's patience of waiting for technology to catch up with his creative vision on projects like Avatar.

"The old rule of thumb in Hollywood is never shoot in the water because of all the problems that [can] happen," he continued. "James found a very novel way to work around that. He shot a movie based underwater that is barely shot in water. It’s pretty amazing. The way he shot the movie is pretty revolutionary and it’s also why we didn’t see anything from the movie for a long time. The special effects in this movie are so important to it, that I think he was smart to wait before revealing everything."

Aquaman dives into theaters Dec. 21. The book goes on sale January 1.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 08 Nov 2018, 16:44

By the way, again I've seen many comments geeking out over Dolph's poster over the others, like with the first EXPENDABLES, like with CREED II, people want some Lundgren!
(take note, Hollywood)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 09 Nov 2018, 02:04

Aquaman's Underwater World: James Wan on Designing Atlantis
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/11/0 ... g-atlantis

‘Aquaman’ Screenwriter: ‘This Is My First Movie That My Kids Can Watch’
https://variety.com/2018/scene/news/aqu ... 203022952/

Early 'Aquaman' Screening Scores Positive Reactions
https://comicbook.com/dc/hottopics/2018 ... ning-fans/
Over on Twitter, the DCEU fandom began buzzing when a series of early reactions to Aquaman popped up. A bit of digging revealed a screening was held for fans today on the west coast, and those who were able to attend hit up social media to share their first impressions.

While nothing specific could be said about Aquaman, the reactions found so far on social media are positive. Over on Reddit, a user by the name of MaxBorne teased fans about their screening, and they even answered a few questions about the event.

“I cannot confirm or deny that I've seen this movie but if I had I would probably say that it's certainly going to be their most well received movie yet. It's tone closely parallels Ant-man & The Wasp and Thor: Ragnarok and this movie will be liked by the biggest audience, although it will probably suffer from some criticism that it deviates heavily from the original tone of the DCEU to more closely resemble The MCU. But again I reiterate, this would only be my opinion if I had somehow already seen the movie in an advanced screening, which I am not saying I have done,” the fan wrote, highlighting pieces of the post to subtly confirm he did make an early screening.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies