AQUAMAN (James Wan, 2018)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: AQUAMAN (James Wan, 2018) (completed)

Postby Jox on 02 Dec 2018, 09:43

New ‘Aquaman’ Images Further Reveal Atlantis, King Nereus, Black Manta, and More
http://collider.com/new-aquaman-images- ... en/#images
Prominent in these new images is Dolph Lundgren as King Nereus, sporting a truly magnificent ginger beard and hairstyle that quite frankly deserve a throne all their own.

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 02 Dec 2018, 22:37

King Dolph reigns over Time Square...

With James Wan

Last time I saw Dolph on such prominent billboards could be UNIVERSAL SOLDIER (without counting smaller ones in Paris for JOSHUA TREE, MEN OF WAR and THE SHOOTER)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 02 Dec 2018, 23:00

Wow, this is just so awesome.
What a year for our guy!

Not sure it will change his career long term but this just great
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 02 Dec 2018, 23:36

Let's just enjoy and appreciate it for what it is and the time being regardless of the future of his career!

Both projects almost came out of nowhere and I've lived enough years to tell nobody was expecting that kind of comeback and appreciation for him as an "actor"/"thespian"...! 8)

Same before he opened up about his childhood, I felt very alone believing he had this kind of depth, openness and reach in him, and now I see people discovering and being moved by his TedTalk almost every day...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 03 Dec 2018, 12:09

Dolph is getting what he deserves. He has tons of charisma for king, coach, military man, ancient warrior type of roles unless Van Damme who is just a karate guy.
TEMIRLAN

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 03 Dec 2018, 19:57

preacher wrote:Wow, this is just so awesome.
What a year for our guy!

Not sure it will change his career long term but this just great

Money talks brother. Dolph is going to be in back to back successful theatrical films.

I think his future is very bright... I am wayyy more positive about it than I ever was bout the Expendables saga career wise.

**I also think sometimes the stars just align. With Sly Dolph never gets the expendables or Creed II and yet here we are Creed II just happens to align it's self release wise as the same time Aquaman comes out... of which Dolph never would have landed had he not accepted the Kill It lead role w/ Mike Mendez who was the connection to James Wan!**
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 04 Dec 2018, 17:45

I think his future is very bright... I am wayyy more positive about it than I ever was bout the Expendables saga career wise.

CREED II already almost made more money than any EXPENDABLES in the US, and despite the lower overall $50 million cost, they probably spent more less money on stars paycheques and more on the production (same for AQUAMAN were most of the budget is allowed to the production, VFX etc... Dolph had to take a lower fee than usual to be in it)

Costumes display including King Nereus on the bottom left

‘Aquaman’: New Photos Offers Close Look At The Costumes, Weapons, & Creatures
https://heroichollywood.com/aquaman-pho ... creatures/

JASON MOMOA, AMBER HEARD, PATRICK WILSON & JAMES WAN DISH DC COMICS' "AQUAMAN" (27 min, BUILD series)
https://www.buildseries.com/video/5c057 ... dc7586332/

Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 04 Dec 2018, 22:26

Jox wrote: Dolph had to take a lower fee than usual to be in it)

I think the business this film is going to do will def. make up for that. 8)
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 05 Dec 2018, 19:34

L.A. Readers: Win Free Tickets to Our ‘Aquaman’ IMAX Screening and Q&A
http://collider.com/aquaman-imax-screen ... an/#images

Dolph Lundgren breaks down King Nereus role in Aquaman
https://www.metro.us/entertainment/movi ... nerus-mera

Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 05 Dec 2018, 21:17

Week minus 2 for me (yeah, at least on of Dolph's movie will be released in france before it's US date). :lol:
bomaz

Postby Jox on 06 Dec 2018, 16:53

EXCLUSIVE: Art and Making of Aquaman Reveals Gladiator Armor Concept Art
https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-art-and-m ... man-pages/
Ahead of Aquaman's arrival in theaters later this month, CBR has an exclusive look inside The Art and Making of Aquaman, a 178-page hardcover filled with concept art and commentary on the film from its creators and cast.

The first spread from the book details the Ring of Fire, the film's big gladiatorial fight scene which pits Aquaman against his half-brother Orm for control of Atlantis. The sequence takes place in an active underwater volcano (hence the name), fitting both Aquaman and Ocean Master in special gladiator armor.

The second excerpt from the book showcases the film's massive seas dragons, the underwater animals ridden by Atlantis' military. As you might have suspected, the creatures were inspired by the giant sea horse Aquaman rode in older comics, as well as the classic DC superhero cartoons. According to Visual Effects Supervisor Kelvin McIlwain, director James Wan had a very clear vision for the dragons, and thus the design was settled on early in the moviemaking process, allowing the creative team to focus on fleshing out the rest of Atlantis' architecture, fashion and creatures.

The Art and Making of Aquaman arrives in stores December 21 from Insight Editions. The oversized hardcover comes with a suggested retail price of $45.00.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 06 Dec 2018, 22:32

shooby

Postby Jox on 07 Dec 2018, 12:04

Box Office: 'Aquaman' Starts Strong In China With $1.2M Thursday
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... -thursday/
WB has been pushing the movie hard in what will soon be the biggest moviegoing marketplace, and thus far it seems to have paid off. The James Wan-directed underwater adventure earned $1.19 million from preview screenings. That’s the second-biggest preview number ever for a DC Films flick behind Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ($1.35m for a $20m opening day) and just over/under the likes of Thor: Ragnarok ($1.2m for a $16.3m Friday), Justice League ($1.1m for a $15.3m Friday) and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ($880k for a $15.4m Friday).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 08 Dec 2018, 00:52

‘Aquaman’ Dives Into China With $25M Friday; Record Warner Bros & December Bow
https://deadline.com/2018/12/aquaman-ch ... 202515875/

Warner Bros/DC’s Aquaman took his first strokes in China today, grossing an estimated $24.6M (RMB 169.5M). The studio has been pulling out the stops locally as the Middle Kingdom is launching the Jason Momoa-starrer two weeks ahead of its domestic release. The DCEU has not had the draw in China that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has enjoyed, but Aquaman is poised to hit a high-water mark for the DC brand with a possible $80M+ debut weekend.

Already, the flash estimate on 30,500 screens, 100% of which are 3D, is the highest opening day ever for a WB title and the best industry opening day ever for December. The film commanded 86% market share on Friday. Online sentiment is high with a Maoyan score of 9.5, Taopiaopaio at 9.4 and Douban at 8.4.

Previous DC outings Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice, Wonder Woman and Justice League had full China opening frames of $57.2M, $51.8M and $38.2M, respectively and at unadjusted rates. The Middle Kingdom was ultimately the top market for each of those pics (Suicide Squad did not release there), although just Justice League cracked the $100M mark at cume.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies