ACCELERATION (Michael Merino & Daniel Zirilli, 2019)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ACCELERATION (Michael Merino, 2019) (announced)

Postby Jox on 26 Nov 2018, 15:47

Quite possible that Dolph had not agreed on anything apart from a letter of interest, which doesn't mean so much in the business, and we know how some companies try to finance a project on a star's name before making an offer...
Jox
Site Admin

THE DRIVER (Daniel Zirilli, 2019) (post-production)

Postby bomaz on 15 Dec 2018, 08:55

"Fight rehearsals today for a new movie with the the champ Iceman Chuck Liddell at Unbreakable Gym in LA." Well that doesn't sound really good :? (unless he got Chuck for Malevolence, in that case it's all right).
bomaz

CANDID PICS

Postby Jox on 15 Dec 2018, 13:42

There sure shall be a few fighters in MALEVOLENCE but with producer/director Daniel Zirilli (CROSSING POINT, LOCKED DOWN, ASIAN CONNECTION) on this pic it must be for another "quickie"... One would hope he would hire Ross Clarkson since they've already worked together.

The one on the left is Arnold Chon, a martial champion who became a stunt-man in big movies and now a stunt/fight coordinator.

As far recent fighters (mostly MMA) now making "careers in film, it's really sad. Very few actually show off charisma and actually seem to do their homework as actors. Some don't even appear "tough" on screen (wait to catch Oleg Tagtarov in DEAD TRIGGER, and Liddell is sort of the same, imitating bad guys like in a kids cartoon). Dolph was in the same case 33-35 years ago, but he took acting classes and workshops, worked with coaches, and continued over the decades, just like any prominent athlete or musician would do.

I haven't been able to see CREED II yet, but it seems Florian Munteneau to have done great and has a shot at making something out of his opportunity. The good thing for his experience is that the script required him to work on his acting chops and emotions from a "real" character standpoint, and also that he had Dolph on his side to friendly mentor and inspire him. Florian just posted this nice piece:
Time to say THANK YOU to some very special people who joined me on this great and fun journey.
A big thank you goes out to the man I'm honored to carry his drago-legacy on, my on-screen dad @dolphlundgren . As a true legend for me, I didn't really know what to expect when I first met him. All I can say is that Dolph is one of the most humble and grounded people I have ever met. There was an instant chemistry between the two of us which helped a lot to create this strong father-son-bond. He initiated it right from the beginning to hang out as much as possible. Working out together, rehearsals, having dinner...to strengthen that bond. By the time we started shooting I already looked at him as my pops, knowing that I want and have to make him proud coz I'm carrying on his legacy. Just like in real life I do everything to make my father proud. Without his help, care and wisdom this all would have not been possible. And I think you can tell the strong relationship that we have in real life on screen. Big thx to a true legend, pops @dolphlundgren.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: UNTITLED (Daniel Zirilli, 2019) (filming)

Postby bomaz on 21 Dec 2018, 13:11

That's Sean Patrick Flannery isn't it ? (young Indiana Jones if I recall)
bomaz

Postby Jox on 21 Dec 2018, 13:13

Yes it is, the name was familiar but I could not tell what he had done.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 21 Dec 2018, 14:48

Daniel Zirilli December 17
Just shot 2 action legends. All nighter. Can’t say more yet :-)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 21 Dec 2018, 16:41

Chuck Liddel should already leave that hairstyle. He's too old for that shit.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Tom on 21 Dec 2018, 18:37

After Creed 2 and Aquaman, I really hoped D could move away from this kind of thing or at least take 6 months to just wait and consider following the success of his two theatrical roles. Creed 2 in particular has got a lot of positive attention for Dolph. He should be above doing Shark Lake, Dead Trigger and films of this ilk. Does he still need the money this much? Dolph just seems forever cursed with making poor decisions at key times.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 21 Dec 2018, 22:54

Tom wrote:Does he still need the money this much?

I guess so, otherwise he would have waited like you said (and he must have signed on before the PR blitz kicked off. Since 2010 his filmography pretty much doubled in number of titles compared to the previous 25 years...

Daniel Zirilli

Picture wrap on Chuck Liddell (w Daniel Zirilli). Otherwise still top secret.

Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 22 Dec 2018, 01:26

Jox wrote:
Tom wrote:Does he still need the money this much?

I guess so, otherwise he would have waited like you said (and he must have signed on before the PR blitz kicked off. Since 2010 his filmography pretty much doubled in number of titles compared to the previous 25 years...

My guess is this is probably what happened. But I'm with Tom on this one it's time to strike while the iron is hot. Dolph has every chance now to be a part of the studio system again ... he needs to take advantage of that.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby bomaz on 22 Dec 2018, 11:10

At least we can see that Tony Messenger is back, and that's cool. (I guess)
bomaz

Postby Jox on 27 Dec 2018, 03:19

Actresses Natalie Burn and Jon Mack are also in it and were both supposed to be part of ACCELERATION, so I assume that either this project is ACCELERATION with Zirilli directing instead, or this is a replacement project with almost the same team and producers for CineTel Films to sell to distributors...

mzzjon_mack
Shooting into the night with the legendary @chuckliddell
#onset #behindthescenes #actorslife #shooting #chuckliddell #mma #ufc #legend #fighters #filming #indiefilm #indiefilmmaking #topsecret #comingsoon #allstarcast #upallnight #costars

Jox
Site Admin

THE DRIVER (Daniel Zirilli, 2019) (post-production?)

Postby Jox on 02 Jan 2019, 22:33

Now I'm pretty sure this is the project ACCELERATION with Zirilli directing instead of writer Michael Merino and THE DRIVER as the new title (and it's not Mark Dacascos' current film under way of the same name) and possibly a rewritten script...

mzzjon_mack December 22
Rollin thru #DTLA late nite gangsta style #thedrivermovie
#hummer #hummerh3 #hummerh1 #hummerh2 #downtownla #shoot #latenite #wintersolstice #behindthescenes #setlife #bts #getawaycar #militaryvehicle #stillrollin #setselfie #thegang #indiefilmmaking

Jox
Site Admin

Re: THE DRIVER (Daniel Zirilli, 2019) (post-production)

Postby Nathan on 03 Jan 2019, 18:43

Bit late to the party posting this but the guy Arnold Chon fought Van Damme in Wake of Death and Chuck Norris in Trial by Fire - he can pull some pretty cool moves on-screen.

I assumed Dolph signed onto this last minute as a paycheck job as surely it wasn't announced/in the works since just after Creed II was released? Thing is, it has been a few months since he shot Creed II and it had been over a year since he shot Aquaman right (?) so unless there was anything else on the horizon other than Malevolence... I'm with Tom though, if possible he needs to steer away from this.

I think Tom mentioned it above but the UK's only massive entertainments store is in administration for the second time in years. They account for a huge percentage of UK DVD sales etc. Things like that aren't good for actors like Dolph, DTV movies and even Netflix because online streaming platforms are just huge pools of material now. Hell, anything can get on Amazon Prime just about.

And if you purchase the new Mission Impossible movie on Amazon, you ain't gonna get recommended the new Dolph movie and most people ain't looking for Dolph movies or even know they exist. HOWEVER in DVD shops like the aforementioned UK chain, Dolph's movies sit right next to all the other new releases in the charts. It's their air time, it's their promotion. What happens to that eventually? The budgets and shooting schedules are already bad enough. It makes you wonder how 20 years ago they managed to make turds like Agent Red with so much more resources at their fingertips.

Sorry that was a bit of a rant.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies