DIRECT ACTION (Sidney J. Furie, 2004)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: DIRECT ACTION (2004)

Postby Jox on 28 Aug 2018, 01:30

Jox wrote:Hand-painted movie poster from Ghana (West Africa)

http://www.ghanamovieposters.com/servlet/StoreFront
With the arrival of video and video cassettes during 1980s In Ghana (West Africa) a small-scale film distribution mobile Cinema was created.

This small size mobile " Cinema " operators were equipped with a television a Video and some times with a small portable generator and were moving from town to town from village to village operating and showing their films! (During the day inside social clubs or houses and during the night in the open air).

In order to attract more customers and in order to advertise their mission and business the need of huge posters was created and born!

Talented artists after viewing the film were creating large size posters using oil paint on canvas!

The artist had the freedom to add or change scenes seen or not seen in the film in order to make the poster more attractive! (This is the reason that this hand painted posters are more interesting as ART than the normal posters since each of this hand painted poster is UNIQUE! and except the film content it also express the artist him self!).

These posters were rolled or folded and easy to move around with the mobile Cinema.

Jox
Site Admin

Re: DIRECT ACTION (Sidney J. Furie, 2004)

Postby ramboraph4life on 22 Jan 2019, 00:41

Hello to all, my name is Matt and this is my first post here. been visiting this website since i've been doing a Dolph Lundgren marathon for my youtube channel. Some great ones (I Come in Peace being my favorite, Red Scorpion, Men of War, Showdown in Little Tokyo, etc.) and some...well...horrible ones (Agent Red, The Last Patrol, Pentathlon, Cover Up).

Revisiting this one again and aside from the terrible opening credits with bad music, wild colors of pink/baby blue splashing the screen, and enough footage to spoil the entire movie? It's a very fun one! Definitely one of his more underrated flicks along with Sweepers (I NEVER understood the 3.8 on IMDB for that one) and some others.

I think someone had posted this before but the video was no longer available...thankfully someone else uploaded it. It's a trailer which features the deleted line of Dolph saying 'f*ck you* before shooting someone with a shotgun. I wish a cut with that in it was available (so i said 'screw it' and made my own 'roughly edited' version of the flick featuring that line, and watched that one lol).

But here is the trailer, the line is at about 1:24. I also noticed that there must have been some violence cut out of the released version, since at around 0:42 the shotgun blast seems a little more violent (or maybe just not as quickly cut/edited away from) compared to the released version. I'm guess there are no other cuts of the film available?:

ramboraph4life

Postby Moltisanti on 22 Jan 2019, 09:54

Welcome, Matt!

I always liked this one. It came after a slew of flicks Lundgren made that I didn't care for it all so maybe this one just looked good by comparison. But this one sort of fed into THE DEFENDER and then THE MECHANIK and his films took a real upswing.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 22 Jan 2019, 16:43

ramboraph4life wrote: I think someone had posted this before but the video was no longer available...thankfully someone else uploaded it. It's a trailer which features the deleted line of Dolph saying 'f*ck you* before shooting someone with a shotgun. I wish a cut with that in it was available (so i said 'screw it' and made my own 'roughly edited' version of the flick featuring that line, and watched that one lol).

But here is the trailer, the line is at about 1:24. I also noticed that there must have been some violence cut out of the released version, since at around 0:42 the shotgun blast seems a little more violent (or maybe just not as quickly cut/edited away from) compared to the released version. I'm guess there are no other cuts of the film available?:

Hey Matt!

Yeah, this was actually a rough promo reel for distribution sales that was edited before the movie was completed and ready for release (you can hear the unmixed production sound) so indeed there's a couple of shots and this line that didn't make the cut and it appears the movie as shot could have been slightly more violent although I don't think they left out that much footage out (there's no other released cut that I know of).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Jun 2019, 23:00

Behind the scenes with Walter Alza
https://www.instagram.com/p/Byp6mbWhk8s/

Hard to think DIRECT ACTION was released 15 years ago...!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 Aug 2019, 21:36

Jox wrote:Behind the scenes with Walter Alza
https://www.instagram.com/p/Byp6mbWhk8s/

Here's another one

Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 17 Dec 2019, 09:38

New episode is here just in time for the holidays! :D Doug Greenberg of the Rocky Minute joins me to discuss the 80's cop action movie throwback that is DIRECT ACTION! Just how many of the cop movie tropes does this one utlize? Listen in to find out!!! :lol: :lol:

https://imustbreakthispodcast.wordpress ... ct-action/

As always, please feel free to rate and review the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever else you go to subscribe!
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 25 Jan 2020, 23:58

A non-related behind the scenes interview with composer Adam Nordén
https://vimeo.com/384816367

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 21 Feb 2020, 00:10

The last DL VHS to be released in the US as far as I can remember, and it seemed quite limited

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 23 Nov 2021, 18:21

DVD screener

Image Image
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 24 Nov 2021, 11:19

Not a bad movie about corrupted cops. I remember it as unusual role for Dolph at that time
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 23 Feb 2022, 22:10

THE MOVIES THAT MADE ME episode with Sidney J. Furie (who makes himself rare in interviews)
https://trailersfromhell.com/podcast/sidney-j-furie/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby lhz on 24 Feb 2022, 15:01

alex.sp89 wrote:Not a bad movie about corrupted cops. I remember it as unusual role for Dolph at that time

Long time since I saw it and I have a pretty good memories about it.
I checked my US back cover blu ray and it didn't mention if it is region free or not. I cannot remember, have to try it.
lhz

Postby Jox on 27 Feb 2022, 23:59

I'm pretty sure the US Blu-ray, which I think is the only one available, is region A-locked.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 22 Jul 2022, 19:00

Haven't seen this one in 16 years (give or take :lol: ) and it a solid little flick. It takes its time, there's some lack of budget (quite obvious in the locations), but the script is solid and the cast is good as well. there's some serious 70's (and early 80's) vibes in this. and the hand to hand fight are efficient as hell.
bomaz

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies