Dolph references in other media

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dolph references in other media

Postby bomaz on 23 Oct 2018, 21:22

I didn't know where to put that, but there's this funny study on Dolph's front kick in movies.
bomaz

Postby Dawn on 24 Oct 2018, 01:21

That was pretty good!
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 01 Nov 2018, 02:06

French actor Pio Marmaï
Si tu pouvais organiser ton propre festival de cinéma ?

Pio Marmaï : Moi je ferais un festival que de nanars, que des films d’actions des années 80, avec des mecs bodybuildés qui tirent à la mitraillette sur les terroristes, et aussi des ninjas ! J’adore les ninjas.

Les films sur C8 très tard le soir.

Pio Marmaï : Ils sont quand même un peu trop de qualité ceux-là, moi je te parle vraiment du fond du fond du fond du fond, ça, les films de kung-fu. De toute façon, tout ce qui est action, bodybuilding, je trouve ça fantastique, je suis très friand de ce genre de choses, et toujours en VF. Toujours. Après comme acteur invité, comme président du jury, restons dans quelque chose de vraiment profond. Bon j’adore Christopher Nolan, ça c’est sûr, c’est vraiment un mec que je trouve fascinant. Mais je dirais Dolf Lundgren, tu vois qui c’est? Le mec qui joue dans Rocky 4, qui joue le russe, lui ce serait le président du jury. Et je pense que ça va comme réponse non ?

Et t’as quelques acteurs qui devraient être là absolument ?

Pio Marmaï : Huuuum… Non, y aurait que lui.

(rires) C’est le président du jury mais y a pas de jury.

Pio Marmaï : (Rires) c’est ça, y a que lui. Non mais, moi je donne carte blanche, en fait ce serait un festival « Carte blanche films d’actions et de ninjas des années 80 » avec Dolph Lundgren. C’est lui qui décide. Tu verras c’est un blond qui a fait que de la merde, que des films de baston, de coups de couteau.

https://pokaa.fr/2018/10/31/on-a-rencon ... n-liberte/

EDIT:
bomaz wrote:I didn't know where to put that, but there's this funny study on Dolph's front kick in movies.

That's crazy! But kind of WTF, plus Rotten Tomatoes % can't be trusted, especially for movies older than 2000...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 01 Nov 2018, 15:03

The funniest thing in that is ... before too read this, I have never heard of Pio Marmaï before ! So this guy, who probably make lots of quality movies (cause he knows how to recognize the quality of shit) is less konwn that other that the " blond qui a fait que de la merde" !?! What a cruel world lol
shooby

Postby Jox on 01 Nov 2018, 20:37

You haven't seen any French movies in the last 6-10 years have you? :wink:

He's one of the most popular up and coming actors of his generation here, doing both arthouse films and mainstream dramas and comedies since LE PREMIER JOUR DU RESTE DE TA VIE (The First Day of the Rest of Your Life, 2008).
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2847812/

In MAESTRO (where he interestingly played a young actor fan of action flicks who gets a role on a small arty movie by a filmmaker inspired by Eric Rohmer and played Michael Lonsdale, really good film)...

He's got it good these days! Plus this kind of comments is made by tons of people who aren't actors in the film business at all, right?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Nov 2018, 11:10

The true, short story of the time my wife made up a Dolph Lundgren rumor and I believed it
https://medium.com/@jason_bruner/the-tr ... ea4548e7ec
So I pass it along to y’all too: Dolph Lundgren exists. And he has never received a Russian sports massage from someone named Michelle in Tempe.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Nov 2018, 14:02

Tony Messenger, who doubles Dolph since THE EXPENDABLES, used to box dressed up and spike-haired as Ivan Drago in the late 1980s!

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 05 Dec 2018, 19:15

New screenshots from the upcoming RESIDENT EVIL 2 game. Even though there's no confirmation of it (and I don't wanna bother him with this) hard to think Dolph didn't do a session of motion capture for this or licensed the rights to use and CGI his image:

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 14 Dec 2018, 17:12

Up coming German TV show airing tomorrow:
Österreicher (7) fordert Dolph Lundgren zum Duell
https://www.heute.at/szene/tv/story/-st ... l-52650421

Was macht Dolph Lundgren eigentlich bei Kai Pflaume?
https://www.klatsch-tratsch.de/aktuelle ... me-392284/

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 25 Jan 2019, 16:03

Jox wrote:New screenshots from the upcoming RESIDENT EVIL 2 game. Even though there's no confirmation of it (and I don't wanna bother him with this) hard to think Dolph didn't do a session of motion capture for this or licensed the rights to use and CGI his image:

They did they change his face?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 28 Jan 2019, 15:41

It wouldn't be a shame at all for him to have made MoCap for a video game like this one (which, from what I've read, is a verygood one). Some actors make mocap for great vdeo games (Madds Mikkelsen and Norman reedus for Hideo Kojima; Ellen Page for Last Of Us) so it might be a new (lucrative ?) trend for him.

(I have no interest whatsoever in videogames so excuse my typos :wink: )
bomaz

Postby bomaz on 24 Mar 2019, 10:17

The French GQ paired some celebrities with their "supposed" personnality watch. No surprises here, Dolph is a strong diving watch.
bomaz

Postby shooby on 24 Mar 2019, 10:33

Sad, I just want to give this link too !
Beautiful watch, but expensive watch (18.900 €)
shooby

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion