AQUAMAN (James Wan, 2018)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: AQUAMAN (James Wan, 2018)

Postby Jox on 01 Feb 2019, 21:21

nataliasafran
As Aquaman becomes #1 DC movie & 3rd biggest Warner Brothers picture of all time here’s Queen Rina with her creator, our director and brilliant leader James Wan who conjured up the crazy beautiful @aquamanmovie universe. Thank you for making me a part of this wild adventure, for your uncompromising vision, creative perfectionism, for ruling the set with a firm hand and still managing to be the loveliest kindest guy on the set - you RULE @creepypuppet!

Check out our set rehearsal in 2nd photo and see just how much creating had to be done. Remember how visually stunning the Fisherman Kingdom is? See if you recognize it here

ImageImage
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 02 Feb 2019, 05:40

April 17th home video release in Australia.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/blu-ray/Aquaman/dp/6218205
dude hallenbeck

Postby harry on 02 Feb 2019, 12:22

May 9th 2019 home entertainment release in Germany

https://bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme/12 ... uaman_2018
harry

Postby Jox on 05 Feb 2019, 01:45

Japanese

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 06 Feb 2019, 20:58

Special features revealed through the German classification board:
https://www.spio-fsk.de/asp/fskkarte.asp?vvid=127700

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 08 Feb 2019, 01:31

'Aquaman' Is About To Reach Another Outrageous Box Office Milestone
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... ber-heard/
By this time tomorrow, Aquaman will be just over/under the $324.5 million domestic total of Deadpool 2.
(...)

Anyway, back to Aquaman. The DC Films flick is opening in Japan on Friday. It's the last territory of note to play the James Wan-directed flick and, as per usual, Japan is going way later than the rest of the world. At a glance, barring a fluke in either direction, we can expect a Japanese gross of between $10m (Thor: Ragnarok, Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2) and $19m (Venom). Man of Steel earned $9m in Japan way back in 2013, while Wonder Woman earned $12.2m in 2017 and Justice League earned $9.4m. Black Panther grossed $14m in Japan last year and both Batman v Superman earned and Suicide Squad earned over/under $16m in 2016. Aside from Sony's live-action Spider-Man movies, the outliers among solo superhero films remain The Dark Knight Rises ($24m in 2012, sans 3-D) and Iron Man 3 ($25m in 2013, just under the $26m grosses of Age of Ultron and Civil War).

Yes, Spider-Man was and remains quite popular in Japan. Spider-Man earned $56 million back in 2002, while Spider-Man 2 earned $59.5m in 2004 and Spider-Man 3 earned $58m in 2007. The Amazing Spider-Man earned "just" $39m in 2012 while The Amazing Spider-Man 2 earned $30m in 2014. Spider-Man: Homecoming earned $25m, low for a Spidey flick but otherwise quite solid for a live-action superhero movie. Even Infinity War earned "just" $33.8m last summer in Japan. I suppose the Jason Momoa/Amber Heard flick could play like a Spider-Man movie, but for now, let's presume that $20m is the cap. The only thing "at stake" for Japan is whether Aquaman breaks out big enough to eventually pass the $1.155b gross of Captain America: Civil War (that's a longshot) and the $806m overseas gross of Iron Man 3 (that's more plausible) to become the biggest solo superhero movie ever in foreign box office.

We're still looking at an over/under $336 million domestic cume (past Suicide Squad, Batman v Superman and just over/under Spider-Man 3) and around $295m in China ($292m thus far). It'll pass the $1.108.6b global cume of Skyfall (in 2012 and sans 3-D) today or tomorrow to become the biggest non-Disney/non-Universal grosser in nearly eight years. After tomorrow, it'll sit, among non-Disney/Universal releases, behind only New Line's Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King ($1.112 billion in 2003, which was the second-biggest grosser ever at the time), Paramount/Viacom's Transformers: Dark of the Moon ($1.124 billion in 2011), Warner Bros.' Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II ($1.341b in 2011), Fox/Paramount's Titanic and Fox's Avatar. It should pass Return of the King and Transformers 3 in due time. Every other bigger global grosser, sans inflation or exchange rates, has come from Walt Disney or Universal/Comcast over the last six years (starting with Iron Man 3 in April of 2013).

‘Aquaman’ Swimming to Home Video in March
https://www.mediaplaynews.com/aquaman-s ... -in-march/
Image Image

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release the DC Comics adaptation Aquaman through digital retailers March 5, and on Blu-ray, DVD and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray March 26.

The sixth installment in the interconnected series of films based on DC Comics, Aquaman picks up with the title character’s adventures after his appearance in 2017’s Justice League. While Arthur Curry (Jason Momoa) is content on using his abilities to help people, he is summoned to Atlantis by Mera (Amber Heard), who urges him to assert his birthright as the true king of the undersea kingdom to prevent his half-brother Orm (Patrick Wilson) from waging a war against the surface world. To do this he must set off on a quest across the realms of the seven seas to recover the ancient artifact that will allow him to unite the oceans and fulfill his destiny as Aquaman.

The cast also includes Willem Dafoe, Dolph Lundgren, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Nicole Kidman, Temuera Morrison and Ludi Lin.

Directed by James Wan, the film has earned $325 million at the domestic box office, and $1.1 billion worldwide.

All versions of Aquaman will include a three-minute preview of Shazam, the upcoming live-action adaptation starring Zachary Levi as the DC superhero, due in theaters April 5.

The Blu-ray and DVD editions of Aquaman will also include scene study breakdowns and several featurettes: “Going Deep Into the World of Aquaman,” “Becoming Aquaman,” “James Wan: World Builder,” “Aqua Tech,” “Atlantis Warfare,” “The Dark Depths of Black Manta,” “Heroines of Atlantis,” “Villainous Training,” “Kingdoms of the Seven Seas,” “Creating Undersea Creatures” and “A Match Made in Atlantis.”

The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc of Aquaman will feature Dolby Vision HDR and a Dolby Atmos soundtrack.

(100 minutes of special features)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 08 Feb 2019, 13:52

:(
James Wan

I don’t do commentary track. Haven’t done one since my SAW days. I believe in retaining a little bit of filmmaking mystery still.
(Already plenty of ‘behind-the-scenes/making ofs’).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 09 Feb 2019, 02:20

'Aquaman' Tops 'Suicide Squad' And Faces Its First Box Office Challenge
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ks-1184285
(It's now only $5 million away from BATMAN v SUPERMAN domestic)

'Aquaman' Spinoff 'The Trench' in the Works (Exclusive)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ks-1184285

Better bring a life vest.
With Aquaman being a billion-dollar hit, it’s no surprise that Warner Bros. wants more waterworks from its DC Comics hero.

But while any discussions of a direct sequel have not engaged on any sort of serious level by the studio, director James Wan or star Jason Momoa, with all the players seemingly intent on taking a breather and their time, there is talk of a spinoff.

Warners has hired newbie scribes Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald to pen a horror-tinged script centered on the Trench, the deadly amphibious creatures seen attacking the hero and his love, Mera, in Aquaman.

Wan and Peter Safran will produce the project, titled The Trench, which would be much more modestly budgeted than the normal DC superhero tentpole.

The Trench creatures are rather recent arrivals to the Aquaman lore, having been introduced in the comics only in 2011 when DC did a revamp of its entire publishing line. They are revealed to be part of the kingdom of Atlantis but when it sunk, inhabitants who were cut off from other survivors and evolved into ravenous monsters.

Details of the take are being kept submerged but it will be set in the kingdom of the Trench and will not feature the main cast of Aquaman.

Gardner and Fitzgerald were assistants at Bad Robot, JJ Abrams’ production shingle, during the filmmaker’s Super 8 period. They previously wrote a submarine thriller titled The Volos.

The duo is repped by WME.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 09 Feb 2019, 16:23

James Wan

During the early stages of preproduction, I fell in love with the Trench and its designs... and secretly hoped to explore this world further/more. (Now, I’m not confirming or denying this project)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 09 Feb 2019, 22:12

Japanese program and other merchandise available at cinemas

Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 11 Feb 2019, 08:29

A Spin of of Aquaman is consider by Warner : http://jambonburst.com/2019/02/11/warne ... fosse.html
shooby

Postby Jox on 12 Feb 2019, 18:01

The Potential of an 'Aquaman' Cinematic Universe
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... se-1185426

James Wan's reply:
Thank You. What I do in my little corner doesn’t affect other projects from getting made.

Aquaman was always about building a bigger, unique world within itself. There are many adventures within the Seven Seas.

(Now, I’m not saying that this is actually happening)

David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick to Write ‘Aquaman’ Sequel (Exclusive)
https://www.thewrap.com/david-leslie-jo ... exclusive/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Feb 2019, 02:18

James Cameron on AQUAMAN:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/aqu ... 35332.html

So what does the director of the “first” Aquaman movie think about Wan’s version? “I think it’s great fun,” Cameron says, adding that it’s a film he’d never have been able to direct, either in 2006 or today, not because of the degree of technical difficulty, mind you, but because of its deliberately fantastical tone. “I never could have made that film, because it requires this kind of total dreamlike disconnection from any sense of physics or reality,” he admits. “People just kind of zoom around underwater, because they propel themselves mentally, I guess, I don’t know. But it’s cool! You buy it on its own terms.”

To get a sense of what Cameron’s version of Aquaman might look like, he points to his prolific career as a deep-sea diver. “I’ve spent thousands of hours underwater. … While I can enjoy that film, I don’t resonate with it because it doesn’t look real.” The director also suggests his history of environmental activism would play a more prominent role than it does in Wan’s movie. “They did throw in a couple of things with whales and things like that to remind us that we are kind of using the ocean as a toilet and as a garbage dump,” he notes. “So I applaud the film for that.”

Cameron also applauds Wan for joining the billion-dollar club with Aquaman — a goal he previously reached with both Titanic and Avatar. At the same time, he can’t resist a little friendly competition with his fellow Ocean Master. “Come back when you hit your second billion and you’re on your way to your third — then we’ll talk,” he jokes. Better call the drum-playing octopus! Looks like we’ve got another match that can only be settled in the Ring of Fire!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 14 Feb 2019, 02:20

Amazon 3D version exclusive

Best Buy exclusive Steelbook

Target exclusive Digibook (with 64-pages book excerpt)

(click to enlarge)

U.S. back slip cover

Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies