WANTED MAN (Dolph Lundgren, 2023)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: WANTED MAN (Dolph Lundgren, 2006-2016) (in development)

Postby Jox on 23 Mar 2019, 02:53

bomaz wrote:Well, given the trailer for his latest movie "Apple Seed", I would really love dOlph to finally do something with Michael Worth

Indeed!
Jox
Site Admin

Re: WANTED MAN (Dolph Lundgren, 2006-2019) (in development)

Postby Jox on 22 Apr 2019, 00:06

Now can cameras roll on WANTED MAN before MALEVOLENCE? First one to get there wins!
michaelworthfilm
Doing a read through with the big guy as we try and finally get our project up in front of the cameras this year. It's always a process. #screenwriting #filmmaking #preproduction #actionfilm #screenplay #actors #dolph

Jox
Site Admin

Re: WANTED MAN (Dolph Lundgren, 2006-2019) (in development)

Postby bomaz on 22 Apr 2019, 14:09

I wouldn't mind Wanted Man to be done first. I have some bad feelings about the italian procuction surrounding Malevolence (not that I have bad things to say, but like he said, Italian are better at hitting at ladies and making coffee :lol: ).
And having Dolph work with Michael Worth is a plus for me (talk about a carreer turn, going from kickoxing movies to heart-full dramedies).
bomaz

Re: WANTED MAN (Dolph Lundgren, 2006-2019) (in pre-productio

Postby Jox on 16 May 2019, 11:55

https://omega.cinando.com/DefaultContro ... IdF=339958

Cannes Briefs
CineTel Films has boarded sales on Dolph Lundgren-starrer Wanted Man. Written by Michael Worth from a story by he and Lundgren, the film focuses on Travis Johansen (Lundgren), a drunk, washed-up San Diego police sergeant who’s sent to Mexico to bring back a prisoner who will testify in an investigation into the murder of two police officers. Rosa, the prisoner, is a Mexican hooker involved with local drug cartels. The story traces the love-hate relationship between Johansen and his colorful captive. Producer is Natalie Burn; exec producers are Paul Hertzberg, Lisa Hansen, Eric Brenner and Craig Baumgarten. Lundgren recently appeared in Aquaman and Creed II.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/john-boorm ... 202614561/

News
CineTel Films announces the recent acquisition of WANTED MAN starring Dolph Lundgren (Aquaman, Creed II). Written by Michael Worth from a story by Dolph Lundgren and Michael Worth. Produced by Natalie Burn and Executive Produced by Paul Hertzberg, Lisa Hansen, Eric Brenner, and Craig Baumgarten, it is a nonstop action film set on the American-Mexican border.

http://www.cinetelfilms.com/films/film-wantedman.html
Travis Johansen, a drunk, washed-up San Diego police sergeant is sent across the border to Mexico on a job to save his career. He has to bring back a prisoner to testify in an investigation into the murders of two undercover police officers back in San Diego. The prisoner turns out to be Rosa, a Mexican hooker involved with the Mexican drug cartels. Soon, the whole of Mexico seems to be gunning for Johansen and his red-hot witness. Set in the big-horizon desert landscape of the American-Mexican border, "WANTED MAN" traces the love-hate relationship between Johansen and his colorful captive. Everybody goes running for cover as our odd couple tries desperately to escape their pursuers and make it to the good ol' US of A. To make things worse, both his captive Rosa and Johansen's partners back in San Diego have hidden secrets that turn the final showdown into a crazy, bloody hall of mirrors.

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 16 May 2019, 12:17

I like the sound of this though I'm not too keen on the association with Cinetel who were involved in Icarus. Hopefully they weren't the ones responsible for the majority the BTS problems Dolph had in that production.
Tom
Regular

Postby bomaz on 16 May 2019, 12:30

I'll join Tom on this. I hope Dolph will direct, and will cast someone else than Natalie Burn to play the hooker.
bomaz

Postby Dida on 16 May 2019, 14:49

Sounds cool. I have the feeling this is a project that Daniel Zirilli or R. Ellis Frazier could direct.....
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Postby bomaz on 16 May 2019, 16:33

That's a not so cool idea (in my opinion :( )
bomaz

Postby Tom on 16 May 2019, 17:53

I wonder whether Worth will direct himself. I'd not be hugely keen on Zirilli doing it. Frazier I'm mixed on. I think some of his earlier films showed potential, but he's had difficult productions to deal with in his last 3 films. Likewise his style is getting a little outdated. I'd like them to get a director who will bring in a good DP, keep the camera locked down, or on dollys and tracks rather than that rough, bourne style. Something like this, evoking the old westerns in a kind of road move should be shot wide, nicely framed and economically edited. They should look to anything Roger Deakins has shot for inspiration. Trouble is, that takes more time, and if this is another 2-3 week shoot, it's more likely we'll see a lot of hand held, functional choices (master, wide, master, wide). If they have to shoot fast, I really hope they get a good steadicam op.
I really feel for directors in these films, and indeed DP's because these productions aren't set up to allow them creative freedom. They're set up to be churned quickly. Again, cinatel have history approaching like this. I hope they prove me wrong.
Tom
Regular

Postby Tom on 16 May 2019, 17:58

Had to laugh at a recent Bill Nighy interview too, when he talked about a recent film he was doing. He didn't want to get trapped in 'indie film hell.' So he said to the directors, that he 'doesn't want to be in one of those films where they wobble the camera and call it truth.' :lol:
That whole thing is really outdated, and I think where that translates with action films, particularly low budget is this misplaced desire to mimic Bourne and try to create energy. Energy that should naturally come from your script and performances. So they'd better shoot it right. lol.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 16 May 2019, 18:59

I'm pretty sure Dolph will direct, especially after MALEVOLENCE was stopped abruptly to look for missing financing.
(Even if Dolph didn't direct it, it's still one of his babies and he would give it to a director with a minimum artistic talent and ambition like Ekachai Uekrongtham)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TheRanchHand on 17 May 2019, 01:49

The goal with this project is to elevate the filming for sure and the discussion, though not locked in stone, is looking into several Mexico-born directors and/or cinematographers. The script by Worth is much more along the lines of a "Small Time Crime" style, humor but but still offset with violence. Worth would be really good with the this material (his new drama/comedy Apple Seed is getting great early reviews) but heard he also has always suggested Dolph direct. But that depends on his schedule and if it allows for directing as he does not want to try and prepare for something if he feels he can't give it 100% to.
TheRanchHand

Postby Jox on 23 May 2019, 19:24

Thank you for stopping by with this update. If Dolph can't take the helm, there are very talented Mexican-born filmmakers out there, and it's very thoughtful to look in that direction...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 29 May 2019, 22:12

Tom wrote:That whole thing is really outdated, and I think where that translates with action films, particularly low budget is this misplaced desire to mimic Bourne and try to create energy. Energy that should naturally come from your script and performances. So they'd better shoot it right. lol.

Bourne 2 or 3 drove me totally mad with this hectic cutting and shaky cam. It is the worst example in a series of movies ruined by camera work and frantic cutting. Quantum of Solace was also really, really bad on that behalft. So it's definitely not just because of low budgets. ;-) I hope those times are over.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 30 May 2019, 18:28

That's I wouldn't be against Dolph taking part in the John Wick franchise (even if he wouldn't have big action scenes, look at Fishburne or McShane's parts) or in somthing made by Leitch or Stalheski.
bomaz

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies