THE INTERNATIONAL (Stallone, 2019-2020, pilot) (unproduced)

Got some new info on the man? Curious to find out what's new? Check in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE INTERNATIONAL (Ken Sanzel, 2019, TV series) (announc

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 24 Aug 2019, 00:40

TEMIRLAN wrote:in the age when even a-list stars do tv series...for dolph its a lot better be in tv shows than doing bunch of sarrafini/capaldi dtvs in between big projects like aquaman 2 and ex 4.

Agreed.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Moltisanti on 24 Aug 2019, 21:06

With Disney flooding the streaming market with shows based on Marvel/Star Wars characters the other streaming platforms are likely gonna have to pivot and aim for shows that skew to an older crowd. Hopefully that means interest in this sort of program for Lundgren.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 07 Sep 2019, 09:34

I watched the panel discussion Lundgren did at a convention in Utah. He mentioned that the show is with CBS and that the pilot will be filmed early next year.
Moltisanti
Regular

ROCKY IV (Sylvester Stallone, 1985)

Postby bomaz on 20 Sep 2019, 13:54

bomaz

Postby Moltisanti on 04 Oct 2019, 01:04

Moltisanti
Regular

Re: THE INTERNATIONAL (Ken Sanzel, 2020, TV series) (announc

Postby Jox on 04 Oct 2019, 15:29

This is good news.

I want at least one out of MALEVOLENCE and WANTED MAN to finally get made though. Looks like THE INTERNATIONAL pilot will be shot first and if the series gets picked up it won't happen until a while later so that would be great to squeeze one or two of his pet projects in between...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 04 Oct 2019, 23:28

100% agree with Jox. The production values on this HAVE to be better than his last raft of DTV movies and I hope in between people deliver on their promises to help Dolph with his passion projects. It's been way too long and at this stage I'd take movies on the level of The Defender for the rest of eternity over The Tracker.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Re: THE INTERNATIONAL (Ken Sanzel, 2020-21, TV series) (anno

Postby Jox on 05 Oct 2019, 13:33

Sly confirmed he will direct the pilot 8)

Screen Shot 2.png
Screen Shot 2.png (239.18 KiB) Viewed 14233 times
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 05 Oct 2019, 21:21

I always felt The Defender would have made a good series and I liked that character as Dolph played him, so touching back on some of that and expanding on it would be great.
Tom
Regular

Postby savagesketch on 06 Oct 2019, 07:49

Quite different from 15-20 years ago, but nowadays, actors actually prefer television work as opposed to films.
20 years ago, an actor doing TV was considered a death sentence... not anymore. Episodic television is what's driving the market these days due to a number of factors... the writing (at times) is quite good, the production values have gotten higher, and let's face it, audience's attention spans are not what they used to be, so a 30-50 show is more preferable (ironic considering that many love to "binge" on shows). From the actors' standpoint, television is steady work with production values that are often larger than some movies (definitely higher than stuff like THE TRACKER). So it only makes sense that Lundgren would be intrigued by this model and latch onto a promising project. It already sounds better than SAF3, so this certainly sells me. This'll keep him busy for awhile. Best case scenario, his work in this show gets the attention of some other producers, and he gets either MALEVOLENCE or WANTED MAN made. Worst case scenario, those don't get financed/made, but he at least has THE INTERNATIONAL to fall back on. Absolute worst case scenario, the show is cancelled and/or doesn't get picked up, and Dolph resorts back to doing films like THE TRACKER and ACCELERATION. :)
savagesketch

The International (TV show - 2020 (?) )

Postby shooby on 06 Oct 2019, 14:30

Cause the project was now commitioned by CBS and we know there is a team, who would you like to join this team ? For me, at least 3 others : Silvio Simac, Scott Adkins and Ronda Rousey. And for you ?
shooby

Postby TEMIRLAN on 06 Oct 2019, 17:30

i hope this will be added by some known actors.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Tom on 06 Oct 2019, 19:24

savagesketch wrote:Quite different from 15-20 years ago, but nowadays, actors actually prefer television work as opposed to films.
20 years ago, an actor doing TV was considered a death sentence... not anymore. Episodic television is what's driving the market these days due to a number of factors... the writing (at times) is quite good, the production values have gotten higher, and let's face it, audience's attention spans are not what they used to be, so a 30-50 show is more preferable (ironic considering that many love to "binge" on shows). From the actors' standpoint, television is steady work with production values that are often larger than some movies (definitely higher than stuff like THE TRACKER). So it only makes sense that Lundgren would be intrigued by this model and latch onto a promising project. It already sounds better than SAF3, so this certainly sells me. This'll keep him busy for awhile. Best case scenario, his work in this show gets the attention of some other producers, and he gets either MALEVOLENCE or WANTED MAN made. Worst case scenario, those don't get financed/made, but he at least has THE INTERNATIONAL to fall back on. Absolute worst case scenario, the show is cancelled and/or doesn't get picked up, and Dolph resorts back to doing films like THE TRACKER and ACCELERATION. :)

24 was the one which really turned the tide I think. Then by Breaking Bad, TV was really cemented as a well respected and often more creatively engaging avenue.
Tom
Regular

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 08 Oct 2019, 19:04

The Godfather for the new era of TV for me will always be The Sopranos... that opened the door for shows like Breaking Bad, Mad Men etc..

That said I just hope this can avoid the typical one man show TV action hero tropes. I know there will be a lot of action involved due to the nature of the story line but I think if they make it a big more sophisticated you could have something really special considering Dolph really is a bona fide international. Speaks 5 or 6 languages and has lived all over the world.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby dude hallenbeck on 09 Oct 2019, 09:15

I don't watch much (or any) network TV, but if it's going to CBS's streaming service I'd be glad their new Star Trek show is spectacular.
dude hallenbeck

PreviousNext

Return to News / Rumors