ACCELERATION (Michael Merino & Daniel Zirilli, 2019)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ACCELERATION (Michael Merino & D. Zirilli, 2019) (in pos

Postby bomaz on 07 Sep 2019, 09:25

Well, too bad it's a bad scan, it doesn't make it easy to like it (the cars seems like fast photoshop pastes).
And is that a serious project, or just a "Let's put his name and see if we can get some dough out of this" ("Angel Mountain") ?
bomaz

Postby TEMIRLAN on 07 Sep 2019, 15:01

is this a new project?
TEMIRLAN

Postby harry on 07 Sep 2019, 19:21

Never heard of it but on IMDb it is listed as "in development". But Vinnie Jones in a Dolph-movie. Not a good sign.
harry

Postby Jox on 09 Sep 2019, 10:51

bomaz wrote:And is that a serious project, or just a "Let's put his name and see if we can get some dough out of this" ("Angel Mountain") ?

No idea.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: ACCELERATION (Michael Merino /D. Zirilli, 2019) (complet

Postby Jox on 12 Sep 2019, 23:41

Chuck Liddell:
I'm sure it's old hat for you talk about how an MMA fight is different from shooting a fight scene, so I won't ask you that. Instead, I want to ask, who would you like to fight in a movie? Do you have any personal cinema heroes you'd like to fight in a fictional setting?

I actually just did a movie, Acceleration, where I got to fight Dolph Lundgren. I'd been in a couple of movies with him before that, but I never had a real scene with him, or anything near a fight scene. We were in a big fight scene in Riot, in the prison, but we were never in the same room together. But I finally got to fight him in Acceleration. That was a moment where I was like, I used to watch movies with this guy in them, and now I actually get to do that now. I've worked out with Sylvester Stallone, but I definitely wouldn't mind being in a fight scene with him.

https://screenrant.com/chuck-liddell-interview-d-day/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 13 Sep 2019, 14:58

This is encouraging if the fight actually turns out well. You know what it's like with these shooting schedules, even The Expendables didn't dedicate a lot of time to the final one-on-one fights. The fight with Randy and Dolph in Hard Rush was okay. Nothing special. We know what to expect by now.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 17 Sep 2019, 04:30

Man, how many directors does this film have?
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 18 Sep 2019, 11:51

I think the name listed on Amazon is a mistake.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 Sep 2019, 11:03

Hollywood’s latest obsession is aging action stars
https://nypost.com/2019/09/18/hollywood ... ion-stars/
“I think they’re icons,” producer Natalie Burn tells The Post. Her film “Acceleration,” starring Lundgren is out in November. “There are not that many actors today that are as good as these guys, so we’re still going back to the classics,” Burn says. “Audiences are missing those characters that they grew up on.”

“Acting is selling,” says producer Burn, also an actress who appeared with Stallone in 2014’s action all-star vehicle “The Expendables 3.” “As long as you can sell the audience that you are that character, then we’ll keep buying it.”
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 20 Sep 2019, 17:27

According to Natalie Burn, ACCELERATION gets a theatrical (limited & VOD?) release November 8th before it hits physical media in December:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2oVufxAEXJ/
Thank you New York Post @nypost for contacting me about this fun article on @officialslystallone @schwarzenegger @dolphlundgren I’m so honored that I was interviewed I’m always happy to support my fellow actors and these legends also i’m very grateful for you mentioning my upcoming film @accelerationthemovie that’s coming out in Theaters November 8! This film is packed with great actors like @spflanery @dolphlundgren @chuckliddell @rampage4real @officialdannytrejo @maylingng Directed by Michael Merino & Daniel Zirilli the movie is a super cool action film, has killer fight scenes and a mysterious plot that will keep you on the edge of your seats. Here is the link to full article https://nypost.com/2019/09/18/hollywood ... ion-stars/ scroll to the right for more interview with me .
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 23 Sep 2019, 20:29

Nathan wrote:This is encouraging if the fight actually turns out well. You know what it's like with these shooting schedules, even The Expendables didn't dedicate a lot of time to the final one-on-one fights. The fight with Randy and Dolph in Hard Rush was okay. Nothing special. We know what to expect by now.

I don't know about the fights (and don't really care) but in my opinion this project has at least two assets to enhance the film however it turns out: DON'T KILL IT's Mike Mendez at editing and Jan-Michael Losada at the cinematography.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 24 Sep 2019, 16:14

Some of the set photos from this the lighting looked really nice on and Don't Kill It is Dolph's most engaging lead role in ages.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 24 Sep 2019, 21:43

I don't expect DON'T KILL IT here but stylised cinematography and good editing (if not altered by the powers that be) would are always welcome in today's low budget action world, and this is the sort of movie I'd never watch if Dolph wasn't in it.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies