HARD NIGHT FALLING (Giorgio Bruno & Giorgio Serafini, 2019)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: HARD NIGHT FALLING (Giorgio Bruno, 2019) (in post-prod)

Postby Jox on 22 Jul 2019, 17:37

Recording session with composer Sandro Di Stefano.
(If there's something we can count on in Italy is that they still record orchestral scores even for lower budget productions.)

Jox
Site Admin

Re: HARD NIGHT FALLING (Giorgio Bruno, 2019) (completed)

Postby Nathan on 21 Sep 2019, 01:28

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with this one, here's hoping it's more lively than The Tracker. It'd just be nice to see a lead performance from Dolph in a not bad movie. He doesn't deserve to be doing stuff like The Tracker at this point in his career.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby bomaz on 08 Oct 2019, 21:13

Trailer

Well, that doesn't look as bad as The Tracker. At least the story looks simple, no need for flashback and stuff. The bad guy sounds charismatic. No too ugly too, and seems fast-paced. Why not. (They could have chosen another picture for the youtube "freeze" :lol: )
bomaz

Postby Jox on 08 Oct 2019, 23:27

Hummmm, dunno...

I like that Lionsgate is going a little more artsy with their artworks.

No Blu-ray or limited release with this one though so they clearly have less faith in it.

Now a question for native English speakers, does "Hard Night Falling" really mean anything or is it made-up? I couldn't find the expression elsewhere...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby lt.brannigan on 09 Oct 2019, 01:03

Jox wrote:
Now a question for native English speakers, does "Hard Night Falling" really mean anything or is it made-up? I couldn't find the expression elsewhere...

If it means anything, it's gotta be extremely regionalized. It most likely is just a jumble of words that hadn't been used for a movie title. Though it does bring to mind a Beatle's song.
lt.brannigan

Postby Moltisanti on 09 Oct 2019, 07:33

lt.brannigan wrote:
Jox wrote:Though it does bring to mind a Beatle's song.

That's literally all this title reminds me of.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Nathan on 10 Oct 2019, 00:42

It reminds me of Charles Bronson movie posters from the 70's.

This looks pretty bland and actionless overall. It does look better than Acceleration and Tracker but that's not saying much.
Nathan
Regular

Postby savagesketch on 10 Oct 2019, 02:54

Trailer looks okay, though those are always cut for that exact purpose. Can we just say though... the lead villain... He a producer? Only reason I can see as to why he was cast... Guess an imposing and intimidating villain won’t be present in this one.
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 10 Oct 2019, 12:28

In interesting how we have two contrasting opinions on the antagonist here between Bomaz and Savagesketch.

Hal Yamanouchi is not a producer and has had a long international career between the US and Italy, you might have seen him in THE WOLVERINE and other stuff:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0945563/

My main personal issue is that hostage plots / situations should be a common "DON'T" of contemporary action movies by now in 2019? It's not even thrilling or compelling. Make it a serious, political film if you will but not as mere "action entertainment" purposes. For one they're far beyond tired after 30 years of DIE-HARD clones, and for two the world has been affected by too many traumas of the kind in the past decades, this is NOT FUN.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 10 Oct 2019, 15:39

Jox wrote:My main personal issue is that hostage plots / situations should be a common "DON'T" of contemporary action movies by now in 2019? It's not even thrilling or compelling. Make it a serious, political film if you will but not as mere "action entertainment" purposes. For one they're far beyond tired after 30 years of DIE-HARD clones, and for two the world has been affected by too many traumas of the kind in the past decades, this is NOT FUN.

I'd agree with that. I know that DTV plots aren't going to be original and more often than not they go with a simple revenge story - and when they don't keep the story simple you get a disjointed mess like 4Got10 that thinks it's a Guy Ritchie character piece - but the hostage situation isn't that exciting any longer.

Trouble is, the film was obviously limited by location to save budget so when you are setting things in a limited number of locations you are thus limited by the story. And this ain't Hard Candy, it's Hard Night Falling.
Nathan
Regular

Postby bomaz on 16 Oct 2019, 18:56

In interesting how we have two contrasting opinions on the antagonist here between Bomaz and Savagesketch.

Well, for me he's an assett because he's another yet another action-star wannabe MMA fighter or an has-been actor.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 18 Oct 2019, 19:13

Bomaz, did you mean...?
Well, for me he's an assett because he's not another action-star wannabe MMA fighter or an has-been actor.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies