AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM (James Wan, 2023)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM (James Wan, 2022) (filming)

Postby Jox on 12 Sep 2021, 19:50

bomaz wrote:In the end, do we know if the body scan he made in april was for Aquaman ? Seems like it wa a bit early though :/ (and yesterday I thought that maybe... he was being scanned to be Mr. X in the Resident Evil movie :lol: ) [i don't know anything about the game or the movie, it's a pure guess] {or maybe somtheing for the Transformers movie directed by Steven Caple Jr}

Not sure but for now I'd still say it was for AQUAMAN 2, or else there's something we're not aware of...

{or maybe somtheing for the Transformers movie directed by Steven Caple Jr}

I didn't not know Caple was tapped to direct the next TRANSFORMERS...!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 12 Sep 2021, 19:57

Yes, it should be in the vein of "Bumblebee", a kind of spin-off from the over-the-top michael bay movies (Bumblebee wasnt that bad, it was 80's in spirit with a good cast).
I don't know if Caple Jr. and Dolph clicked on Creed 2 like he might have with James Wan. I still have some hope to see Dolph in a high-end horro movie produced or made by Wan.

P.S : I saw Malignant. It's clearly not for everyone, but if you're a horror fan and you dug (dig ?) 90's movies like Body Parts or some campy giallos, don't miss it. It's a bonkers-overthetop-WTF movie, full of flaws, but enjoyable to say the least.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 25 Sep 2021, 09:39

‘Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom’ Casts Indya Moore, Jani Zhao and Vincent Regan (Exclusive)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235020425/

Zhao is playing a mystery character named Stingray. It is unclear if the role is villainous in nature but it is an original character created for the movie.

Moore is playing longtime DC character Karshon. The character was originally a Green Lantern villain (he first appeared in 1963’s Green Lantern No. 24) who was originally a shark that, after being hit with radiation, gained intelligence and telepathic powers.

Regan is playing Atlan, the ancient ruler of Atlantis who caused the city to sink into the sea. The character appeared briefly in the 2018 Aquaman movie and was portrayed by Graham McTavish. A plot thread in that movie featured Aquaman finding Atlan’s trident.

[Randall] Park returns as Dr. Stephen Shin, a marine biologist who in the comics was obsessed with finding the location of Atlantis.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 14 Oct 2021, 16:48

dolphlundgren
Hanging out in my trailer on Aquaman 2. Great script, great director, terrific cast and a fantastic crew. Really enjoying it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVAtD07KQFi/

Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 14 Oct 2021, 18:19

so he's working on both ex4 and aquaman 2 at the same time? i'm so glad to finally seeing him on the aquaman 2 shooting pictures.
TEMIRLAN

Postby Jox on 14 Oct 2021, 18:43

Yes, back and forth, must a handful (and a headache to schedule which days he's working on which) thankfully both are filming in London, and he's started working on AQUAMAN 2 about a month before EXPEND4BLES started.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 14 Oct 2021, 20:29

It looks like Dolph is going to have the same hairstyle in both movies (AM 2 AND EX 4).A REAL VIKING AS jENSEN WANTED IN EX1. It reminds me Keanu Reeves filming Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 at the same time last year with the same hairstyle and beard in both movies. Hard to imagine Neo with beard and long hair but we have no choice.

Actually I have an idea maybe it is time for Chad Stahelski to cast Dolph in one of the next chapter of JWr? He could play a good villain again or a retired hitman who is an old pal of Wick,
alex.sp89

Postby TEMIRLAN on 14 Oct 2021, 20:57

Thanks, Jox.

Alex, I agree with you. I also hope Wan will take him into his horror movies universe too. Dolph easily could do a supporting role.
TEMIRLAN

Postby bomaz on 16 Oct 2021, 14:50

There will be a teaser or some sort BTS footage at today's DC FanDome.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 16 Oct 2021, 20:27

Here it is, a promo with some BTS footage

EDIT:
Concept arts shown in the promo

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 22 Oct 2021, 22:34

Jason Momoa revealed he's sustained more than one injury while filming Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.

"I'm getting old is what's happening," the actor explained on an episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show. "I got a little, uh, I messed up my eyes. Just got something in it that kind of cut it up. And I gotta get surgery."
When DeGeneres asked him whether he scratched his cornea, Momoa seemed to confirm that's what happened but assured the host, "I can see. We're good to go." The Aquaman star also revealed that he's currently dealing with a hernia and some misplaced ribs.
"I'm just getting beat up. But it's gonna be a great movie. You're gonna love it," he continued. "...I just kinda give it, yeah. I love my job and I get a little too excited. And then, you know, the age thing." When the actor pointed out that he's "an aging superhero right now," the host responded, "You're a good-looking aging superhero is what you are."
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 26 Oct 2021, 21:41

James Wan reveals The Trench movie was secret Black Manta movie
https://batman-news.com/2021/10/25/jame ... nta-movie/
Wan was recently asked on Instagram if he had considered doing a Black Manta series, and made a rather surprising revelation. “I’ll let you in on a secret,” said Wan, “the canceled Trench spin-off movie was really going to be a secret Black Manta movie.”

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 28 Oct 2021, 22:03

Do we trust "The Sun"? Jason Momoa apparently tested positive to Covid, which creates delays with the shooting schedule...
https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3 ... aquaman-2/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 02 Nov 2021, 13:27

Confirmed by the only slightly more trustworthy Daily Mail;
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... ining.html
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby bomaz on 15 Nov 2021, 15:25

According to his Instagram, Dolph is done with the Aquaman shooting and off to shoot the rest of Exp4.
bomaz

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies