DARK ANGEL / I COME IN PEACE (Craig R. Baxley, 1989)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: DARK ANGEL / I Come In Peace (Craig R. Baxley, 1989)

Postby JuV on 11 Dec 2021, 20:40

Jox wrote:Now the cast is out of the bag: I was in London yesterday to do an interview with the big guy for the French edition I've been working on for the past 4-5 months with new label MDC Films and will be filled with new extras 8)

Just curious, will the extra's from earlier Blu-Ray releases be transferred over to this upcoming French release or not? Also will there be any French only extra's like on the recent Joshua Tree Blu-Ray? I like my Shout Blu-Ray, but if this release will have all previous and new features I'll have to upgrade it 8)
JuV

Postby Jox on 11 Dec 2021, 21:17

I can't reveal the details yet and the list is not final yet, but once the distributor makes the public announcement I'll let you know.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 11 Dec 2021, 22:09

I hope they can add some deleted scenes for this release. I always felt that after Dolph shot Benben's boss there supposed to be a short scene in the car. They just left one short line of dialogue of screen -Thank u , answer Forget it. The second deleted scene dialogue that is very noticeable - after Dolph's girlfriend slaps Benben's face on they get inside the elevator a small part was deleted before they exit the building because u can see thru the door window how Dolph mouth is saying something and his girlfriend answers something but there is no sound, when she exits the door she asks --Jack what the hell is going on - I think this was added during post production because it doesn't fit with body gesture in my opinion.

Was it there any extended ending deleted from the final cut ? Victor Manning subplot remained unsolved. I was always imagined how this extended ending could be- Dolph, Benben,girfriend a the beach in Rio, next shot Manning exit the building get into his car, alien weapon is somewhere hidden in his car programmed to blow, Manning hears a sound pays attention to the weapon situated under his seat or somewhere next - counting goes 3,2,1 and the car explodes. Dolph and Benden observe the fire not that far away made some dialogue exchange in a comic way payback and movie title rollls. I would say a combination of Eraser (1996) with Caan's death, The Last Boyscout (1991) when Hallembeck blows at he end and Knock off (1998) when Paul Sorvino dies by bombing the doll and JC, Rob, Lila are drunk at the bar. Short extra ending about 1.5-2 minutes long.
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 12 Dec 2021, 11:30

alex.sp89 wrote:I hope they can add some deleted scenes for this release. I always felt that after Dolph shot Benben's boss there supposed to be a short scene in the car. They just left one short line of dialogue of screen -Thank u , answer Forget it. The second deleted scene dialogue that is very noticeable - after Dolph's girlfriend slaps Benben's face on they get inside the elevator a small part was deleted before they exit the building because u can see thru the door window how Dolph mouth is saying something and his girlfriend answers something but there is no sound, when she exits the door she asks --Jack what the hell is going on - I think this was added during post production because it doesn't fit with body gesture in my opinion.

They might have cut a line of dialogue here and there but there are no deleted scene left, everything they shot is in the final cut which is Baxley's director's cut. They actually added more action and more money notably in the final fight during production once the producers saw the dailies...

alex.sp89 wrote:Was it there any extended ending deleted from the final cut ?

No there wasn't, but according to an early synopsis I have from the studio, they temporarily had a short ending in a script draft or treatment where Jack and Diane are boarding on a plane to Rio, and then Smith shows up as well, there's a punchline or two and and they all laugh...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 12 Dec 2021, 13:38

thanks Jox. Too bad they didn't solve Manning subplot. They were out of money I guess. They should bring Manning together with Warren in the final act when trio exits the building and start shooting on them and Hues shows up. They could solve everything at once for the same money...Logical ending ... everyone got revenge and can go easy on vacation

I always felt bad that Craig Baxley after Action Jackson, Dark Angel, Stone Cold never got the chance to shoot another big budget /medium budget action movie. He was good really- they just bombed at the box office.I know Seagal wanted to shoot a movie ( Hard to Kill) with him studio refused.
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 12 Dec 2021, 13:46

alex.sp89 wrote:Too bad they didn't solve Manning subplot.

Why does everything has to be resolved? Leave some things to imagination...

I know Seagal wanted to shoot a movie ( Hard to Kill) with him studio refused.
Actually, it's Baxley who turned him down, he told me had no will to work with the guy after his first meeting with Seagal...

But Baxley had a good run making TV movies such as his Stephen King adaptations that were received really well.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 12 Dec 2021, 16:01

Yes it is truth he made many TV movies, but into mainstream he never achieved what he could, especially in action genre.
By the way what is the story about this still/lobby card - good alien looks different in the movie ( he is shaved bald in front)
Attachments
ICIP.jpg
Good Alien
ICIP.jpg (51.36 KiB) Viewed 4712 times
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 12 Dec 2021, 19:00

This behind the scenes shot of Jay Bilas was simply taken before they shaved his head, gave him contacts and everything.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 12 Dec 2021, 19:54

What if Dolph played the good alien who was hunting the bad one ? Aka Warlock (1989) with Julian Sands ! also could work very good for this movie. Dolph/ good alien could team up with local police officer who investigates strange murders in the city and kick together Hues ass. I can imagine this very easy, sci fi about aliens on Earth. I know Dolph was offered the part of bad alien FIRST but he refused, but never heard about this possibility of script - to play simply the good alien.
I always wanted Dolph to play in a pure sci fi movie, post apocalypse movie like The Running man, Fortress, Totall Recall. He was very good built for that in 80s-90s.
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 19 Dec 2021, 21:43

An Action Christmas: Ten Action Movies Set At Christmas by Tom J.
https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2021/12/ ... christmas/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 20 Dec 2021, 20:59

Jox wrote:Now the cat is out of the bag:
I was in London yesterday to do an interview with the big guy for the French edition I've been working on for the past 4-5 months with new label MDC Films and will be filled with new extras 8)

For now the release is planned for April with the pre-orders kicking off around late February.

I can't reveal the details yet and the list is not final yet, but once the distributor makes the public announcement I'll let you know.

For now the other extra that was revealed that I can talk about is an interview with Matthias Hues (who's been mostly absent from the previous Blu-rays except for the German mediabook booklet)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 25 Dec 2021, 22:02

Teaser / presentation of French label newcomer MDC FILMS who kicks off with the release of DARK ANGEL and EXTERMINATOR 2

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Jan 2022, 10:17

US theatrical release TV spot

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 21 Jan 2022, 20:19

UK home video promotional poster

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 29 Jan 2022, 18:24

Betsy Brantley voiced "Kimi" the computer in ex-husband Steven Soderbergh's upcoming thriller KIMI

Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies