Dolphs DVDS

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Dolphs DVDS

Postby drago on 14 Feb 2004, 15:16

I think it stupid i live in the rep of ireland and cant get alot of dolphs movies ive looked every where and i have only eleven [including 2 VHS]in the uk and ireland were region 2 dvd and most of dolphs dvds arent realised here its though as i never seen men of war,punisher,blackjack,agent red,detention,shooter,joshua tree,hidden asassin is ther any one else from the uk and ireland who has the same problem.
patrick mulholland
drago

Postby Mosquito on 15 Feb 2004, 22:12

There are a lot of Europeans on this board (like me) and we all share the same problem: the &%§$&! DVD industry who tries to keep us from watching all available DVDs. The only good solution is to get a DVD player that plays every region code or can be patched in order to do that. I own most of the movies you've mentioned on DVD. You can get them very cheap on ebay or sometimes on play.com or at other online stores. Joshua Tree was my very first one and I paid $1.99 + 4$ shipping to a guy in Florida.

Region code is a topic that gets me extremely upset every time somebody mentions it. There is no ohter use but to keep the industry happy and the buyer unhappy.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Dolphs dvds

Postby drago on 18 Feb 2004, 14:37

thanks mate i went on amazon last night and i ordered all of dolphs movies.i got blackjack for 4euro men of war for 8euro this is great agent red was 14euro and i heard it was crap but i dont care.i paid 28 euros for stormcatcher its only 5euro on amazon jill rips is 18euro which was the dearest but i ireland u pay 20euro for cover up so its saving me alot of money thanks mosquito
patrick mulholland
drago

Postby Mosquito on 18 Feb 2004, 17:12

Check out play.com - they often have cheap offers currently Bridge of Dragons and Cover Up for 3.99 British Pounds, Johnny Mnenonic for 7.99 or Sweepers for 3.99. And shipping is free! They also have a promotion "3 for 10" (British Pounds) so it may be worth a visit. Usually they are always cheaper than dvdboxoffice.com (also free shipping but RC1). Play.com is located in Jersey (I think) and their DVDs are RC2 (if not it will say so).

http://www.play.com/
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 20 Feb 2004, 01:24

I find region codes to be a pain as well. I really want certain movies that are not available even to those in the U.S.
There is hope however! I built myself a new computer last week with a DVD burner and downloaded a little program called DVD shrink (version 3.1.5). It strips out region coding! There are also programs availble to make your DVD-Rom drive a region free DVD player as well. I'll be sure and find that info again and get you guys a link! :)
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 21 Feb 2004, 20:24

That is rather a complicated way of getting rid of the region code. ;) I know DVD Shrink and it is a cool program. In some cases you can also get rid of forced subtitles (if they are on a separate line and not part of the picture, which is unfortunately the case on my dutch Sweepers DVD).

But if you are currently looking for a new DVD player, just buy one that doesn't care for region codes or can be tricked into ignoring them. Believe me, there are plenty! Just do a little research on the web, there are plenty of sites dealing with that problem. Unfortunately I haven't one in my bookmarks because I hope that my player will last a while. ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 22 Feb 2004, 00:43

Its really not all that complicated, the newest version is very easy to use and yes, you can eliminate, subtitles, audiotrackts etc. You can just copy the movie if you like to keep the video from getting compressed too much and dump all the extras. Either way, it only takes 30 minutes and works automatically with Nero where I don't even have to open the program, it just asks for a blank disc and that ends my part.

And I know there are some players that will play All-regions DVDs, but I honestly don't want to buy another DVD player. Considering I only paid $1 for each DVD+R I have, its not that big of a deal and I can also make backups of everything I have in case the discs are damaged. If I had no ethics, I could also rent movies and copy them, I know people who do that. :shock:
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby JackDevlin on 22 Feb 2004, 17:06

If you are lookin´ for cheap DVDs, that often are region free, you should check www.DVDshelf.com for som cheap Hong Kong dvds (most of these DVDs cost 3 to 4 US dollar).

These are the Dolph Lundgren movies they have:
http://www.dvdshelf.com/cgi-bin/ncommer ... _rn=362030

and

http://www.dvdshelf.com/cgi-bin/ncommer ... =&toMonth=

They also have VCDs, but the screen quality of these are not so good as that of a DVD, they have burnt in Chinese subtitles (not optional therefore) and not all DVD-players can play VCDs.
JackDevlin

Postby Dawn on 22 Feb 2004, 22:37

Even if your player does play VCDs, it may not play ones made with a CD-R. The industry made VCDs are different. Most of the newer players do play them, but mine was a Year 2000 model which weirdly enough plays DVD+Rs when the -R was the standard at that time.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 10 Sep 2005, 19:01

i post here two covers of a collector pack , released in france on october !!

bomaz

Postby Craigie-Boy on 22 Sep 2005, 00:59

I have the same problem too, living in the UK. A lot of Dolph's better movies just aren't available over here. I do have a fair number (MOTU, SILT, Cover Up, Peacekeeper, Dark Angel, Detention, Direct Action, Storm Catcher, Last Patrol, Sweepers, Hidden Agenda, Bridge Of Dragons, Red Scorpion, Rocky IV & UniSol), but many of them are inferior to other-regional versions.

Anyways, where for example are The Punisher, Men Of War, Silent Trigger, et al. None of them seem to be featured on any upcoming DVD release schedules. And I read that the Rocky series is to be rereleased as a special edition boxset, so now I'm gonna have to buy it to replace the one I have already. Blast. And blast the DVD industry for deciding what we can and cannot watch in this country!
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Jox on 22 Sep 2005, 07:27

well with multi-region players and the internet, there's always ways to bypass that... don't let them decide what you can watch!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby carrie on 22 Sep 2005, 23:43

well said jox.
we have bought a multi region player and have purchased dvd,s from all over the place- the world is definately getting smaller-
craigie-boy, dont let "them" dictate what you can or cant watch,its well worth investing a little more money for a good quality player as you save a small fortune on dvds in the long run.
carrie
Regular

Postby bomaz on 23 Sep 2005, 19:20

i've just bought the french version of "Direct Action" .
french 5.1 / english 2.0 ! biography / filmography / pic's gallery !!
that's all !! for 15.99€ ( approximatively the same in $ i think !! )

bomaz

Postby Tom on 23 Sep 2005, 19:39

I really like that Direct Action cover, possibly the best.
Tom
Regular

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies