Least favorite Dolph movie

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

least favorite dolph movie

Poll ended at 21 Mar 2004, 17:40

The last patrol
44%
Agent Red
33%
Stormcatcher
11%
JillRipps
No votes
Silent Trigger
11%
other [Specify]
No votes

Total votes : 9

Postby Graham on 16 Mar 2007, 02:16

I think I'd have to say The Last Patrol too, although I haven't see some of his other seemingly less popular titles Agent Red, Storm Catcher or The Minion yet.

Jill Rips is pretty good and shouldn't be on the short list IMHO...and what on earth is Silent Trigger doing there as surely that is one of his best films??
Graham

Postby BrunnenMatt on 27 Mar 2007, 13:32

Why is SILENT TRIGGER on the list? :shock:

I have only seen The Last Patrol and Silent Trigger, and can confirm that The Last Patrol gets my vote!

...BMatt
BrunnenMatt
Regular

Postby Nathan on 27 Mar 2007, 20:04

Noooooo storm catcher was good.
Agent Red I think was kinda intended to be a spoof of Die Hard movies and a parody on every action movie ever made. OTT is what I would describe it as.
I would say the LAST PATROL but. Didn't like the mystical stuff, pretty pointless movie but Storm Catcher was ace. Haven't seen Jill Rips by the way. :lol:
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby The_Canadian on 31 Mar 2007, 22:38

Nathan wrote:Noooooo storm catcher was good.

Yes! Someone who agrees with me!
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Nathan on 01 Apr 2007, 19:55

Haha! Thanks :lol:
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby herrnilsson on 04 Apr 2007, 02:36

I haven't seen every film. I was perhaps just a little disappointed with Detention and The Minion. But I think people and journalists are really rude with Dolph.
Of course, every actor has made a bad film in his filmography but it doesn't mean that every are so bad. I have the impression that every film with Dolph were destroyed by the critics, but I enjoyed most of his films that I've seen. I really prefer him as Jean-Claude Van Damme for example and his narcissism or his comments about his personal philosophy.
However, I wish Dolph could direct a film without any action...A drama for example.
herrnilsson

Postby Sasha on 10 Apr 2007, 11:13

"Silent trigger" was coll thriller. Why he is there?

As for me-"Agent Red"-it's worst Dolph movie.
Sasha

Postby Mosquito on 12 Apr 2007, 21:05

herrnilson, I was surprised that Detention was not as bad as the many devastating reviews made me expect it to be. After sitting on my shelf for months I watched it a few weeks ago and I was surprised to see a cheap but still kind of decent movie (ok, if you forget about that laughable "dragon monster tank" at the end fight). It was in any case better than The Last Patrol.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 16 Jun 2007, 11:51

WTF
Something is missing... The most obvious film of them all, perhaps... In case you´ve forgotten...
I´ll add a little diddy called "Sweepers" to that mix. That movie... not so good!
I´d say that if the Dolpherado hadn´t been in Sweepers, Last Patrol or the Minion those movies would have been the three worst movies ever made (including Steven Seagals entire repertoire and The Quest). They would have been worse than "Pretty Woman" and "Fried Green Tomatoes " put together.
However...
Dolph IS in those movies, and carries them to a degree where they are at least watchable.
I agree that Jill Rips or Silent Trigger are nowhere near bad enough to be included in the poll.
dolphage
Regular

Postby The_Canadian on 17 Jun 2007, 07:46

I actually liked Sweepers, right up until Bruce Payne's voice went to shit. God, I couldn't stand that voice! He should have been more like his character in Passenger 57!

C'mon, you got to admit that whole "mine-in-the-gut" thing at the end was pretty fucking awesome.
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby dolphage on 17 Jun 2007, 10:55

Candian, you have me questioning my recollection of that movie!

I had actually, willfully and succesfully, repressed the memory of Bruce Payne´s laughable performance in Sweepers. I think he´s trying to do a New York accent while "stage acting" (=overacting).

But, as you point out, he was a totally sweetass villain in Passenger 57.

The "gut-mining" is of course pretty fucking FCKNG awesome. And there are a few other high points in "Sweepers" (all of them include Mr. Lundgren dishing out the dolphage), but, to me, it felt like a pretty stock/standard B-actionmovie in general. Kind of boring. But possibly/probably/definitely not as bad as Last Patrol.

Cause that movie is the devil.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 Jun 2007, 10:59

and you think "Agent Red" a better film?!!!!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby The_Canadian on 17 Jun 2007, 11:06

I'm with Jox on this one, I'm glad I made you re-think Sweepers and everything, but c'mon... Agent Red gets not one pep from you? How about The Minion? I mean, in Sweepers, Dolph at least got out the Dolphage...
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby dolphage on 17 Jun 2007, 11:25

Jox Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:59 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and you think "Agent Red" a better film?!!!!

It IS a better film than Last Patrol, but it is also one of Dolph´s worst movies. But Agent Red is (even) worse than Sweepers.
The_Canadian Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:06 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm with Jox on this one, I'm glad I made you re-think Sweepers and everything, but c'mon... Agent Red gets not one pep from you? How about The Minion? I mean, in Sweepers, Dolph at least got out the Dolphage...

Agent Red had already been mentioned in the thread! I just added another one of his "not-so-hot" films!

And i DID mention The Minion! If it wasn´t for The Dolphoon The Minion would have been sold in farmacies, over the counter, as a sleeping pill.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 Jun 2007, 13:01

Sweepers could and should have been much better, but it's definitely not one of Dolph's worst and for sure had one of the most original topics and settings (land mines in Angola)...
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies