Least favorite Dolph movie

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

least favorite dolph movie

Poll ended at 21 Mar 2004, 17:40

The last patrol
44%
Agent Red
33%
Stormcatcher
11%
JillRipps
No votes
Silent Trigger
11%
other [Specify]
No votes

Total votes : 9

Postby dolphage on 17 Jun 2007, 13:57

The setting is fine and the choice of topic is commendable, but, Jox, you are the only person in the world who enjoys a Dolph Lundgren movie for the beautiful locations and politically relevant topics.

It´s an action movie, with very little (and poorly executed) action (or is it a thriller that´s not thrilling?).

I´m not completely going back on my original statement. It´s not THE worst but ONE OF the worst films that the Dolpheratti has ever made ("gutmining" and all). At least in the bottom ten, maybe bottom five.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 Jun 2007, 16:32

dolphage wrote:beautiful locations and politically relevant topics.

not only... but that's always a plus...

It´s an action movie, with very little (and poorly executed) action

very little? this was a typical Nu Image production with an action scenes explosions and gunfights at least every 10 minutes... you 're too used to today's Hollywood blockbusters standards...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 17 Jun 2007, 17:13

you 're too used to today's Hollywood blockbusters standards...

Mais non, mon ami/amie! Pas du tout! I am used to Dolph getting into some real action like in Uni Sol, Showdown.., The Punisher!

Action, not boredom.

But, why are you so defensive of Sweepers? Are you one of the producers? Did you work on the production? Are you friends with the director? If so, I apologize. I don´t mean to step on any toes, but it´s my opinion that it is not one of Dolph´s better films. At all.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Reznik on 31 Jul 2008, 06:26

How is it possible to quote Silent trigger across the worst Dolph Lundgren's movies ?! It's incredible ! :shock:
Reznik

Postby Nathan on 31 Jul 2008, 15:07

Storm Catcher? Jill the Ripper? Sweepers? Silent Trigger? I thought this was a favourite Dolph movie list!!!
Nathan
Regular

Postby dolphage on 03 Aug 2008, 10:48

No, Silent Trigger doesn´t belong here, I (still) agree. But Stormcatcher and Sweepers? Come on! Those are the movies they´ll be showing in hell! On repeat!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Nathan on 03 Aug 2008, 14:37

Yeah but they have much better action than The Last Patrol or Agent Red. I find that they are very underrated movies. Sweepers has some very ambitious and big-scale action and Stormcatcher is a solid ninety-minutes entertainment. Put it this way, I'd rather watch Sweepers or Stormcatcher 100 times than watch Agent Red for a second time. :)
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 03 Aug 2008, 17:14

"Sweepers" is not perfect but it's definitely underrated.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 03 Aug 2008, 22:02

Looking back, The Minion.
leigh1975

Re: Least favorite Dolph movie

Postby Warchild on 05 Feb 2009, 02:16

How can Silent Trigger be in the list as one of Dolph's worst movies, i don't understand.

It's funny i just watched Storm catcher for a third time since i got the DVD last year and everytime i watch this movie i enjoy it even more, it's not bad at all, good story, action and twist in the end.

Agent Red is the worst in my opinion, the action is boring and dull, the supporting actors are horrible, the inside of the submarine unrealistic and so on.

Cover Up and Jill the Ripper are the most boring, U got Dolph in both these movies playing Fabio.
Warchild
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 05 Feb 2009, 13:26

Detention is pretty poor, I'm not a lover of Last Patrol. I agree with the others, Sweepers is pretty underrated. The only thing that really lets it down is Bruce Payne phoning in his bad guy part.
leigh1975

Postby evegotbet on 19 May 2009, 00:36

missionary man so far, although the part where he makes the bad guys pull their pants down is sooooo funny. listening to Dolph read from the bible was sexy, there wasn't enough of it though. i thought everything else sucked (excuse my french)
evegotbet

Postby dolphage on 19 May 2009, 12:11

I want to officially apologize for my statements about Sweepers. I watched it again last week (for the third time in total) and it is not NEARLY as bad as I previously thought it was. It´s not a GOOD DL movie (it´s pretty so-so) but it´s DEFINATELY NOT one of his "five worst". I don´t know why I disliked it so much the first two times I saw it. Strange.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby The_Canadian on 20 May 2009, 02:23

dolphage wrote:I want to officially apologize for my statements about Sweepers. I watched it again last week (for the third time in total) and it is not NEARLY as bad as I previously thought it was. It´s not a GOOD DL movie (it´s pretty so-so) but it´s DEFINATELY NOT one of his "five worst". I don´t know why I disliked it so much the first two times I saw it. Strange.

Hey I shared your original sentiments when I first watched it. I guess it's all in the context of how you feel when you're watching it...

For example, you walk in thinking it'll be absolute shit, and it rises above expectations!
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Reznik on 20 May 2009, 12:06

dolphage wrote:I want to officially apologize for my statements about Sweepers. I watched it again last week (for the third time in total) and it is not NEARLY as bad as I previously thought it was. It´s not a GOOD DL movie (it´s pretty so-so) but it´s DEFINATELY NOT one of his "five worst". I don´t know why I disliked it so much the first two times I saw it. Strange.

Well done dolphage ! :D
I just discovered it a few days ago (the terrible Imdb's notation pushed me back) and I think it's one of is honnest movies, in the "middle +" of is filmography.
Définitely better than most of the cheapos movies wich will follow the next years (like LAST PATROL, THE MINION, AGENT RED or STORMCATCHER).
I consider it equivalent has JILL RIPS.
Reznik

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies