New MOTU and Punisher 2 with Dolph?

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

New MOTU and Punisher 2 with Dolph?

Postby dolphage on 08 Jul 2007, 09:40

It is customary to let the original star of a movie franchise have a guest starring role in a remake.
They didn´t give Dolph one in the Thomas Jane Punisher (he should have played "the Russian") and they got some critisism from fans for that.
Do you think they´ll let him show his face in either the Punisher 2 or in the new "Masters...".
dolphage
Regular

Postby The_Canadian on 08 Jul 2007, 10:26

I doubt it, but on the plus side, Dolph's version of the Punisher has gotten a much better reputation thanks to that new movie!
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 Jul 2007, 11:42

The studios don't even remember the name of Dolph Lundgren and when they do it's not in good terms. As the Punisher remake shows they don't care that much about the fans so they;d think who would care about a DL appearance? Personally even if they think about it, I don't want Dolph anywhere close a new "Masters" or "Punisher 2" unless he's starring in them...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dvdvision on 09 Jul 2007, 17:44

Hi guys

On his website, someone asked the question, and Dolph says he as no plans for this.

I think the only good way for Dolph Lundgren to be in P2 would be for him to star AND direct for a 10/15 millions $ budget. And of course rewrite the script to make it a follow up to the original (even if this one could stand on it's own). And make it a hard R.

That would be a major coup, however, it seems that Lionsgate want to go with the script as is (which presumably is bad, the reason why Thomas Jane dropped out) and on a very low budget shot in Canada rather than some exotic european country (ie it's impossible to make a good movie for the money they put in).

It's a bit of a bizarre situation, because Mr Lundgren would probably be the ideal director / actor for the kind of movie they want to produce, and I'm sure he would make it a huge success with a theater release. The prospect of an older, bitter Frank Castle who get into prison to kill the criminals he still hate would be amazing (bring on Jigsaw !). That would have to be the first Mike Zeck mini-series it's based on. "Be my guest!".

However, they would probably ask for a PG-13 and butcher the movie of all the good bits (imagine the 1989 version without any gore, I know, it's already butchered a lot depending on the versions). Marvel now have become a big bucks industry, and no more Punisher movie will ever be made with the freedom they had with the original. That's a given.

And I'm sure Mr Lundgren works with people like Nu Image, mostly because they give him more freedom than he would ever found anywhere else. Freedom that probably isn't to be found at Lionsgate, especially in these days where the movie is just an excuse to sell merchandise.

I think I read somewhere that Dolph thinks most movie types are shallow people who don't care about movies but about partying and making money. In short, he dislikes them. I don't think he will ever go back and be absorbed by that industry. They all think he is a has-been as he says. Even if most of his movies have been bad, he still have a huge credibility factor (his core audience), that is enough to make him go by and earn a living. Why endanger this, and loose the audience, in short everything ?

I would kill to see him reprise his Punisher role, thought, he is the only one. :wink:

PS : if Dolph had played the Russian, he would have killed Thomas Jane and taken his place.
dvdvision

Postby dolphage on 14 Jul 2007, 13:46

PS : if Dolph had played the Russian, he would have killed Thomas Jane and taken his place.

That would have been a good movie. Sort of like "The Punisher: Generations".
Old v. New.
ActionGod vs. DipshitRomComActor
But Dvdvision is right about Punisher 2 being an ideal film for DL to take on. Old school brutal action. With Dolph directing and starring. We should take a petition and send it to... Lionsgate, was it?
dolphage
Regular

Postby dvdvision on 14 Jul 2007, 20:17

Yeah, Lionsgate. But I think they will go with a french director, there's one guy who already shot a teaser for Punisher 2 which looks totally unimpressive to me, but tries to stir some excitement on youtube and french dvd sites with it. I think Lionsgate already contacted him, and he is a beginner therefore cheap. I'm sure if he get the gig he will enter Hollywood hell. (and the final product will go straight to video).
You'll find it on youtube, type punisher 2

One much better guy is AMDS, a guy who does mash up like Rambo vs Commando (Stallone vs Arnold), he is also on youtube, do the search, you will be amazed by his talent. type THE ULTIMATE WAR. SLY VERSUS ARNY. AMDSFILMS

I'm sure you will get a big kick out of it :lol:

Also there is cult trailer HAMLET IS BACK .ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER .TRAILER . AMDSFILMS

Directed by James Cameron LOL
dvdvision

Return to Dolph's Movies