AGENT RED (Damian Lee & Jim Wynorski, 2000)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

AGENT RED (Damian Lee & Jim Wynorski, 2000)

Postby Travis on 26 Jan 2004, 00:35

The only really good movie Dolph made in recent years is Bridge of Dragons but I feel Agent Red is better than most give it credit for, at least in my opinion. At least Agent Red knows it is a bad movie and at least Dolph does some karate in it.
Travis
Regular

Ah no....

Postby Lance on 26 Jan 2004, 05:02

[b]Agent Red sucks[/b]. It's not better then people give credit for, it's not better then The Last Patrol it's not anything less then awful. Simply put it sucks ass, Dolph may do karate in it but the actionscenes are so terrible and unimanitive that the true seasoned action fan can only be disappointed. The special effects are awful, the acting is awful (those russian accents are horrid at best...) and the whole movie is awful. The worst movie Dolph ever did was Agent Red.
Lance

Postby bomaz on 26 Jan 2004, 08:28

STOCKSHOTS !!! this is a word that producer use every time in the movie !!!!! It's a shame !! they put scenes of nother Dolph movie in it !!! definitely his worst movie !!! only for me , maybe !!
bomaz

Postby Krom on 28 Jan 2004, 00:20

bomaz wrote:STOCKSHOTS !!! this is a word that producer use every time in the movie !!!!! It's a shame !! they put scenes of nother Dolph movie in it !!! definitely his worst movie !!! only for me , maybe !!

The airplane scnes hass benn stolen from Storm Catcher and the uboat underwater scenes are from Crimson Tide.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby katanah2jbrm on 13 Feb 2004, 08:45

The problem with agent red is not solely the films action sequence or use of stock footage, but rather with the films morale message. Now I have watched the film and listened to the dir. commentary Damien Lee sounds like a nice smart human. However, as a filmmaker he should stick to producing and try to keep his influence out of the film as much as possible. In the film Dolph sends a message via morse code to stop another sub from blowing the one he was on up. They delayed the destrution however the sub dolph was on fired its torpedos and blew up the a sub full of US naval officers. So thats two subs of people that died in this movie so that Dolph could ride off with his girl into the sunset. So without even mentioning the lame and predictable sub-plots and recylced screenplay, and Dolphs acting on autopilot. The film fails miserbly to be enjoyable. For there was a time in action movies where heros would rather sacrifice their own life if it would save innocent people. In Agent Red he had the chance two people live while 200 people die (I don't know how many people are in a active nuclear sub but its more than two). However I found The Last Warrior enjoyable and I think Jill the Ripper is one of Dolphs best movies. But then I aslo think Storm Catcher had moments of brilliance just not enough. But then I am biased toward Anthony Hickox cos I own all of his movies that are out on DVD.
Time can not die Only people
katanah2jbrm

Agent Red

Postby drago on 27 Feb 2004, 17:20

The stormcatcher part puzzles me.In low budget movies they try to good to save money but i dont get this why didnt they just film a different scene where they blew up the base or wanted a disc or something instead they use footage from stormcatcher with an american flag on his suit even though ther in the middle east.Also the commander who dolph shoots first voice is changed into a arab voice.Its stupid and Dolph shouldnt have let them.I liked the rest of the movie apart from the baddies russian accent it was terrible.What do yous think of Agent Red
patrick mulholland
drago

Postby Jox on 27 Feb 2004, 23:58

i dont get this why didnt they just film a different scene

actually they made reshoots for half of the movie! but sure they shouldn't have taken footage from Storm Catcher... anyway I don't see anything good in this flick
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 28 Feb 2004, 00:21

stock shots are the only ( :roll: ) bad things in the mvoie !!! it could be a good action one , but damian lle ( or other executves ) were too intersted in doing money to think about the film !!!
bomaz

Postby Jox on 28 Feb 2004, 01:45

even without about the stock shots the movie is really boring, "Under Siege" with Steven Seagal seems like oscar material compared to "Agent Red"
Jox
Site Admin

Postby hansson55 on 28 Feb 2004, 19:13

The era when Dolph made Storm Catcher, Jill the Ripper, The Last Patrol and Agent Red was without a doubt the lowest point of his career, let’s hope it never gets that bad again.
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Agent Red

Postby drago on 01 Mar 2004, 17:35

Dolph shouldnt be in crap like that.his movies are low budget but come on bridge of dragons only had 4million and it was entertaining this movie just annoyed me there wasnt even a decent fight Dolphs girlfriend was the only thing that kept me watching it.
patrick mulholland
drago

Postby shooby on 26 Mar 2004, 19:56

For me it's like drago's opinion : I don't loike the fact they have taken back some scene of stormcatcher.
shooby

AGENT RED

Postby Geoff on 25 Sep 2008, 12:29

Ok, not seen this film for a really long time and re watched it - so here comes the question - HOW MANY OTHER FILMS ARE IN THIS FLICK?? I spotted two seperate films:

Storm Catcher - the whole first five mins (even using the name Holloway)
Blown Away - the boat blowing up scene

Are there any more I missed???
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Jox on 25 Sep 2008, 12:52

"Solo", "Crimson Tide", maybe some others, and huge chunks lifted from Dudikoff's "Counter Measures" which it's been made a REMAKE of...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 25 Sep 2008, 12:56

"Solo", "Crimson Tide", maybe some others, and huge chunks lifted from Dudikoff's "Counter Measures" which it's been made a REMAKE of...

Good grief....
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies