HOW and WHEN did you become a DOLPH FAN?

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Rover on 26 Aug 2007, 21:22

Aw, too bad you didn't met him, but these items are nice stuff to own :)
I wonder what happened to that giant banner...?
I have the poweeer!
Rover

Postby Wol4ica on 01 Sep 2007, 21:19

My first were "Darc Angel", and I didn't even know that it was Dolph. And when I saw Ultimate Solders, I did not recognised him.
But then I saw "Showtime in Little Tokio" and there it started! He was so qute;=)
I have even tray to write him, twice (fanmail was used from this site), then when he got MySpace official, I writed there and on offpage. No results. But I'm still are a fan of him;)
Wol4ica

Love at first sight ;)

Postby Jekaterina on 07 Sep 2007, 12:16

I was 15 and was feeling down and suffering from a mild case of heartsickness and wanted to watch something racy, something I wouldn't have to think about, and definitely the opposite of a love story.

I found Red Scorpion at the Video store and borrowed it - and what a great choice that proved to be. ;)

I was hooked - Dolphs physical presence alone would account for that but I actually still love the movie and will always do.
Even though not much in the way of real acting is required, Dolph is doing a great job in that Movie, IMHO.

I love his very masculine appearance, as opposed to "metrosexual" or "cute" guys.

Well, then I watched UniSol, The Punisher, Dark Angel, Barrett (Army of One), Showdown in Little Tokyo, Rocky IV and Masters of the Universe.

And bought posters whenever I could get them.

One is about 2m by 60cm and is of his face and upper body (was one of a set of two for UniSol, van Damme was on the other one. The Guy in the Video Store told me that I couldn't have van Damme and I just said "Who cares, I want Dolph!" ;))

I can still rhapsodize about the line of his jaw and his sensual lips. :oops:
Jekaterina

Postby dolphage on 07 Sep 2007, 19:49

He was so qute;=)

I love his very masculine appearance, as opposed to "metrosexual" or "cute" guys.

?
cute or not cute?
catfight?
please?
dolphage
Regular

Cuteness

Postby Jekaterina on 08 Sep 2007, 20:50

Oops, I didn't say that to pick up a fight.

But I really don't think he's a cute type - take a picture of him when he isn't smiling and he has a cuteness level of zero, he's just very manly.

But if or when he smiles, he really is transformed.
There is just not often occasion for really smiling (as opposed to sarcastic smirking) in his movies.

In Red Scorpion there is a scene when he has managed to kill a warthog with a spear and he has the cutest smile/grin.

'Nuff said, I need to work out more and get rid of my muscle ache (which is still persisting) before I get into any catfights. ;)
Jekaterina

Postby Mosquito on 08 Sep 2007, 22:43

dolphage wrote:?
cute or not cute?
catfight?
please?

Why a catfight? You can like both chocolate AND chili. ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby BrunnenMatt on 09 Sep 2007, 00:36

I was just a fan of 80's - 90's action movies! Stars like - > Arnold Schwarzenegger, Christopher Lambert, Chuck Norris, Cynthia Rothrock, Daniel Bernhardt, David Bradley, Don "The Dragon" Wison, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Loren Avedon, Mark Dacascos, Michael Biehn, Michael Dudikoff, Steven Seagal and Sylvester Stallone.... to name a few

The last movie I saw growing up was "Joshua Tree" not including "JM"! I have seen heaps more in the last 2 years and have been really disappointed by his movies especially "Detention", I really like "Silent Trigger" and his last two directed movies. The only movie I disliked to this day is "Rocky IV". I watched it a week ago and still think its one of the weakest movies in the Rocky series.

Coolest movie growing up was “Universal Soldier” for the JCVD & DL connection.

Cheers,

...BMatt
BrunnenMatt
Regular

Postby Geoff on 11 Sep 2007, 13:28

Rocky IV - WEAK?!?!?!!?!?

Soz mate, dont agree with that I mean look at III and V, come on boths were pants!
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Rover on 11 Sep 2007, 14:12

How can an "80s-90s action stars fan" don't like Rocky IV? Sly vs Dolph, it was great, don't you think?
Maybe I didn't understand everything, but you've finally come to enjoy Detention?

Geoff, don't talk bad about Rocky III, it has this cool Eye of the Tiger thing :D
I have the poweeer!
Rover

Postby Geoff on 11 Sep 2007, 14:21

Oh yeah - Eye of the Tiger is a given and best thing about III 8)
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby dolphage on 11 Sep 2007, 19:49

Mosquito wrote:
dolphage wrote:?
cute or not cute?
catfight?
please?

Why a catfight? You can like both chocolate AND chili. ;)

You certainly can!
I just wondered if there was a reason that when Wol4ica wrote that Dolph Lundgren was "cute", Jekaterina answered that the thing she liked about him was specifically that he was NOT "cute". But it has been explained that there was no provocation intended so I withdraw my plead for a catfight. (while softly weeping).

And yeah, I agree with Matt, Rocky IV IS weak... LIKA A FCKNG FOX!!! It´s awesome! It has, like four "training montages" set to cheesy rock songs. Rocky singlehandedly ends the Cold War! C´mon! It has a GOD DAMN talking robot as a comedy sidekick for chrissakes! How great is that!
And it has Dolph "fckng" Lundgren in it.
I rest my case!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 11 Sep 2007, 20:43

Rocky IV might be the best Rocky movie but definitely isn't weak (guess it depends on which terms and is all relative) in my opinion. And the fact is without R4 we wouldn't be here discussing Dolph movies since there wouldn't be any!!!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 12 Sep 2007, 09:49

Hear hear Jox, IV has than man himself in it.

Here endtih the lesson! :D
Geoff
Regular

Postby The Robin on 10 Feb 2008, 11:35

Hello everyone, this is my first of many posts on this GREAT forum, so that's out of the way.

While I have never seen Rocky IV, I became a Dolph fan from watching Universal Soldier. I was like REALLY in love with Jean-Claude Van Damme and I had set out to see every movie he was in. I bought this 3-disc DVD set of some of JCVD's movies, and UniSols was the first one I watched. I watched the special features with the bios of the stars Dolph and Jean-Claude. Dolph was talking about how he was a martial-artist before becoming a star, how he was in school, and stuff like that. I became fascinated with him.

And because of my love for Jean-Claude Van Damme (whom by the way, I STILL love) , Dolph Lundgren became my favorite movie star. I tried finding every movie I can of his. Dolph is a great guy, with a great mind, and he is one of my role models, since I do train in mixed-martial-arts. I mean, how many actors all have these peaking careers and do things that totally mess them up, Jean-Claude included. If I was a guy, I would hope to be just like him. He's kept his track record clean, and still is making great work to this day. HATS OFF TO DOLPH LUNDGREN!
The Robin

Postby Jox on 10 Feb 2008, 15:01

Cool.

Welcome Robin!!!!!
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion