THE INQUIRY / The Final Inquiry (Giulio Base, 2006)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Nathan on 08 Dec 2007, 01:55

Top right - http://www.dvdactive.com/home/index.html

You should see the final inquiry - they say its a lundgren movie, which is a good thing, also a good thing that the dvd releasers managed to send it to this website as it is VERY popular.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 Dec 2007, 12:43

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

The Historical And Moving Epic Stars Academy Award® Winner F. Murray Abraham, Academy Award® Nominee
Max Von Sydow And Dolph Lundgren

THE FINAL INQUIRY

Debuts On DVD February 19th, 2008 From Fox Home Entertainment

CENTURY CITY, Calif. – Academy Award®-winner F. Murray Abraham (Amadeus), Dolph Lundgren (Rocky IV, The Punisher) and Oscar nominee Max von Sydow (The Minority Report) star in a thrilling journey into the ancient Holy Land where a secret new faith will enthrall an empire, in The Final Inquiry, transcending to DVD February 19th from Fox Home Entertainment. The film, directed by Los Angeles Italian Film Awards-winning director Guilio Base (Audience Award, 1999, La Bomba), also starring Daniele Liotti (Mad Love) and Mónica Cruz (Last Hour). The Final Inquiry begins three years after the Crucifixion of Jesus of Nazareth. Rumors that he is a prophet who has risen from the dead are inciting the people to rebel against the Roman Empire. In an effort to control the unrest, the Roman Emperor recruits a formerly exiled, clever and disenchanted investigator to disprove the story. As the search is aided by a beautiful, young Israeli woman and hampered by Governor Pontius Pilate, a proud, honest Roman hero is drawn deeply into a mystifying realm of love, honor and spiritual beliefs. The Final Inquiry DVD includes a making-of featurette and will be available to own for the suggested retail price of $26.98 U.S. / $37.98 Canada. Pre-book is January 23rd, 2008.

Synopsis:
After a harrowing but victorious campaign against the barbarian hordes, Rome’s greatest general Titos Valerius Tauros receives a special assignment from the emperor: travel in secret to the city of Jerusalem to investigate the recent death and possible resurrection of a crucified man. Unwilling to believe the alleged miracle, Tauros sets out to discredit the rumors and put an end to the spreading cult of Jesus. But in a land touched by faith and hope, the secrets he uncovers and the people he meets may prove strong enough to crack even the hardest heart and bring light to an empire.

Special Features:
The Final Inquiry is presented in widescreen (1.78:1 aspect ratio) with Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound as well as English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus content includes:
The Making of The Final Inquiry

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 08 Dec 2007, 14:21

I wasn't going to bother getting this to be honest but now with a decent cover, some good promotion and not having seen a new Dolph movie in a year, I think I will.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 Dec 2007, 17:41

Nathan wrote:I wasn't going to bother getting this to be honest but now with a decent cover, some good promotion and not having seen a new Dolph movie in a year, I think I will.

You should, why wouldn't you?

Nathan wrote:Top right - http://www.dvdactive.com/home/index.html

You should see the final inquiry - they say its a lundgren movie, which is a good thing, also a good thing that the dvd releasers managed to send it to this website as it is VERY popular.

Too popular? Maybe putting all on him isn't such a good thing after all? I mean it doesn't even look like a usual Dolph movie, and still mainstream people are bashing it (just read at the comments below) just because it has Dolph in it (and compare him to Eric Roberts WTF?)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 08 Dec 2007, 18:03

Well its not really my "type" of movie, but since Dolph is in it I'll give it a shot - It was also good of them saying it was a Lundgren movie because he is probably the most well known actor in it.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 Dec 2007, 18:28

Is he? Max von Sydow, F Murray Abraham, and even Ornella Mutti? They're maybe not from your generation but they're pretty famous and also very well respected as thespians.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 08 Dec 2007, 19:22

Jox wrote:Is he? Max von Sydow, F Murray Abraham, and even Ornella Mutti? They're maybe not from your generation but they're pretty famous and also very well respected as thespians.

these actors are .... really famous ...
i mean, von sydow worked with bergman, abraham won an oscar for amadeus, played in scarface and in mimic (from my favourite director :P ) , and they share the screen with dolph ... it's a good thing i think
bomaz

Postby Nathan on 08 Dec 2007, 20:19

Well I think Dolph is just about in line with Max etc but I'm talking about in the present day really. Then again old Max was in Rush Hour 3 etc.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Tom on 08 Dec 2007, 20:32

I think rep wise, Dolph being an action star, and leading man for 20 years, he's probably more well known all round the world. Von Sydow has been a supporting man in his Hollywood days. I'd say in the more cultured parts of Europe where Bergman and the like are more appreciated, Von Sydow is more popular. In places, certainly like Asia, Eastern Europe, for example, Dolph remains pretty popular. I would certainly say Dolph is more of a "star" than F Murray, or Von Sydow. Character actors tend to go largely unnoticed, and both are at an age where their roles in bigger films are becoming slightly less frequent. Abraham hasn't appeared in much of high regard or note since the 80's. Von Sydow is though, experiencing a small comeback.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 10 Dec 2007, 22:19

So guess what? THE (FINAL) INQUIRY is actually coming out THIS WEEK in the US... for a one-week special engagement, opening December 14 in Dallas at the Regent Highland Park Village!

It's not much compared to the promised 500 screens though. But I guess Fox Faith couldn't handle such theatrical releases which is why they missed the announced easter release. So now this, but why only one theater, and why in especially Dallas?...! (except the fact that it has seen a lot of Dolph in 2007 :lol:)

http://regenttheaters.com/FinalInquiry/finalinquiry.html (trailer)

Last edited by Jox on 11 Dec 2007, 01:47, edited 4 times in total.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 11 Dec 2007, 01:36

Good news, thanks Jox!
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 14 Dec 2007, 14:52

http://fortworth.fwweekly.com/community/classifieds/ViewAd?oid=oid%3A1309047&name=events
http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=54997
The Final Inquiry Inspirational Film Open in Dallas One Week Only

posted: December 11, 2007, 03:02 PM

INSPIRATIONAL FILM FOLLOWS ONE MAN’S SEARCH INTO THE ORIGINS OF CHRISTIAN FAITH
OPENS EXCLUSIVELY IN DALLAS FOR ONE WEEK ONLY

THE FINAL INQUIRY See the Trailer: [url]http://regenttheaters.com/FinalInquiry/finalinquiry.html
[/url]
Historical And Moving Epic Starring Dolph Lundgren Opens for US Theatrical Premiere in Dallas Regent Highland Park Village One-Week Special Engagement December 14th

"A Roman's search for evidence of Jesus' teachings a few years after the crucifixion.
Well depicted cultural views, with well developed effects of living with the new way Jesus taught. Poignant love story enhances the dilemmas. Important addition to Christian concepts."
~ Merrily Smith, Radio Show Host

One week only ! The Regent Theatre, Highland Park Village

– Embark on a journey through a mysterious maze of passion and faith when the International biblical saga The Final Inquiry transcends to its special US theatrical premiere in Dallas from Fox Home Entertainment.

From Los Angeles Italian Film Awards-winning director Guilio Base (Audience Award, 1999, La Bomba), comes the touching tale about loyalty, freedom, love and respect between human beings of every race and class at a time when power and leadership is rapidly shifting and dividing.

Starring Daniele Liotti (Mad Love), Dolph Lundgren (Rocky IV, The Punisher), Mónica Cruz (Last Hour), Academy Award® nominee* Max von Sydow (The Minority Report) and Academy Award®-winner** F. Murray Abraham (Amadeus).

The Final Inquiry begins three years after the Crucifixion of Jesus of Nazareth. Rumors that he is a prophet who has risen from the dead are inciting the people to rebel against the Roman Empire. In an effort to control the unrest, the Roman Emperor recruits a formerly exiled, clever and disenchanted investigator to disprove the story. As the search is aided by a beautiful, young Israeli woman and hampered by Governor Pontius Pilate, a proud, honest Roman hero is drawn deeply into a mystifying realm of love, honor and spiritual beliefs.

Go see this amazing story for this Special time of year !

December 14-20th Only....Regent Theatre, Highland Park Village
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 Dec 2007, 02:54

Not sure it does interest anyone here but FYI as part of the Fox Faith label catalog, "The Inquiry" even has its own "bible study guide"
http://www.foxfaith.com/assets/cr_pdf/booklet/Final_Inquiry.pdf (PDF)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Darling on 21 Dec 2007, 01:11

Hi,I just saw The Inquiry(Das Ende der Götter).

It is a nice Movie,Dolph is looking very sexy in this Movie.I like his long Hair and his Outfit as a german Barbarian.
Properly I like this kind of Movie,but for me this Movie is a Low Budget Production and also I think, it is cut!
There is a Making of, Dolph is talking about his Role,just for two Minutes.
Dolph is the whole Movie at the site of Danielle Liotti,he is Dolphs Master.There a some violent scences(stoning) and very sad is,that Dolph is dying in this Movie.But all Dolph Fans have to see this Movie!
Darling
Regular

Postby hansson55 on 21 Dec 2007, 19:17

thanks for the warning :?
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies