DOLPHAGE IS A SINGER!

Feel free to discuss everything not related to Dolph. Have a good time and be friendly!

Moderator: Moderators

DOLPHAGE IS A SINGER!

Postby dolphage on 05 Feb 2008, 10:15

I was gonna leave this shameless selfpromoting alone for a while, but since Luigi requested it; here we go!

Here´s a link to the YouTube channel of my band "The Foursome Three" (clever name) and on it there is also clips of me doing solo stuff and my other band and all sorts of things.

It is probably not the most mainstream and radio friendly music you´ll ever hear but it´s not THAT weird either...

Please fell free to rate and comment IF YOU LIKE IT... :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFoursomeThree
Last edited by dolphage on 25 Apr 2009, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 06 Feb 2008, 00:07

Go dolphage! (where we certainly didn't expect you!) (and btw thx for the introduction, my website's coming soon btw and I have serious stuff in the works)

So as you said not everyone, and not necessarily what I go for personally, but it doesn't sound cliche or ridiculous, so it definitely holds up!

HUm makes me wonder about your age though (and swedes are supposed to look younger!), or your doing the 50 year-old plus on purpose or had a serious drinking/smoking problem which is usual for touring musicians...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 06 Feb 2008, 10:58

Jox wrote:HUm makes me wonder about your age though (and swedes are supposed to look younger!), or your doing the 50 year-old plus on purpose or had a serious drinking/smoking problem which is usual for touring musicians...

That's what I was thinking! Well, I was thinking "He must be about 60" and "Why does a Scandinavian call himself Big James Philip"? But I didn't think about drinking/smoking problems. ;-)

So are you sure that this is really you, dolphage? :twisted:

Edit: Thanks to Google it seems that it is really you. Nice pics on your band's website but you should smile more often. ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 06 Feb 2008, 12:18

Well, the voice is what it is... It´s not exactly a sweet little tenor voice...

I "call" myself that, because MY NAME is James Philip, and I guess I´m a pretty big guy (my friends started calling me Big, it wasn´t my idea)

The page you found must be the homepage for The Black Sheep Shepherds, which was another band I was in a few years ago. I didn´t know it was still online! They gotta take that down! Thanks for the warning!

"Smile more"? That´s very un-rock´n´roll like, Mosquito!! I´m very image consious...! Just kidding, I beleive there is a "smiling picture" on that site...
You´re very suspicious, by the way!
Last edited by dolphage on 14 Nov 2009, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 06 Feb 2008, 15:01

dolphage wrote:You´re very suspicious, by the way!

I'm online since 1994. I have seen things you people wouldn't believe (thanks for the opportunity for using my favourite quote from my favourite movie). If you're not suspicious you're lost online. So until I meet you I'd never take it for granted that you are you. ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 06 Feb 2008, 18:57

Mosquito wrote:
dolphage wrote:You´re very suspicious, by the way!

I'm online since 1994. I have seen things you people wouldn't believe (thanks for the opportunity for using my favourite quote from my favourite movie). If you're not suspicious you're lost online. So until I meet you I'd never take it for granted that you are you. ;-)

Also my favourite qoute, also my favourite movie! Great minds hey! :D
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 06 Feb 2008, 21:40

For a second I felt totally retarded and out of the loop, but then I thought hey isn't it a quote from Rutger Hauer in BLADE RUNNER?! I think so!

There's one I love that is "Quite an experience to leave in fear isn't it? That's what it is, to be a slave."

And 1994 wow Mosquito! I didn't realize you were such a cyber-geek!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 06 Feb 2008, 23:21

Jox wrote:For a second I felt totally retarded and out of the loop, but then I thought hey isn't it a quote from Rutger Hauer in BLADE RUNNER?! I think so!

You are right of course. This sentence alone is not the whole thing of course. The whole quote goes

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Makes me cry every time I watch it...

There's one I love that is "Quite an experience to leave in fear isn't it? That's what it is, to be a slave."

Absolutely. I love PKD's stories, too, because he thought a lot about interesting and philosophical questions.

And 1994 wow Mosquito! I didn't realize you were such a cyber-geek!

Uh, oh, thanks. "cyber geek" sounds so much better than "old". :lol:
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Feb 2008, 01:50

:lol: it's just that I for some reason didn't get to surf on the net until 97 and get an email until 98 (still for another 3 years I didn't have the net at home so it was a pain and I spent a lot in cyber cafes at some point). I don't actually remember when exactly did I heard of the internet for the first time, but I sure learned a lot about that stuff around the time Johnny Mnemonic was made and released which is actually 94/95.
Jox
Site Admin

dolphage, The Singer!

Postby Goddess01 on 23 Mar 2008, 17:56

Dolphage, your voice sounds like dolph's, maybe, I'm hearing things because I like him way too much or all you Swedes sound alike.
Goddess01

Postby Dawn on 03 Apr 2008, 14:35

I was online by 95 but didn't see too much that interested me until 96. It wasn't until then that I went to college and had access to high-speed internet. That made all the difference! The three sites I started visiting then are even better today. This Dolph site (of course), He-man.org and Ebay. Well, maybe ebay isn't better, there are more people bidding against me now. I remember also planning on being an art teacher or web designer back then.... Times change a bit. :D
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Re: DOLPHAGE IS A SINGER!

Postby dolphage on 25 Apr 2009, 21:44

bump
(douchbag move, I know) (but I was requested to bump it)
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Re: DOLPHAGE IS A SINGER!

Postby leigh1975 on 26 Apr 2009, 20:35

I must have missed this thread, but I have to say, I like! Nice one, sir!
leigh1975

Return to Off-Topic