ICARUS / THE KILLING MACHINE (Dolph Lundgren, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

ICARUS / THE KILLING MACHINE (Dolph Lundgren, 2009)

Postby Jox on 07 Dec 2007, 11:10

I would hold the discussion for now...

If the screenplay is barely completed then we're a long shot from it happening...

By the same token we don't know any specifics of the story, so I wouldn't speculate on any "star" to be partnered with Dolph... and we're not even sure who the protagonist is...

But there's no doubt this project sounds interesting, and possibly ambitious...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby hansson55 on 07 Dec 2007, 11:33

Jox why are you bitching about everything, why not talk about it, isn’t that the reason with your site?
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby Jox on 07 Dec 2007, 17:11

Hey I was just expressing my opinion but I don't want to keep you from discussing it (even if it sounded like it), but THANKS for pointing that out to me.

I know I can sound like I'm bitching (maybe I am) and I'm probably becoming more and more demanding with years, maybe more cynical as well, and I apologize for it. :wink:

But this is the place where I am in my personal and professional life process right now. (FYI for those who might be familiar with growing up and living in Paris it's hard not to give in a bitching and ultimately cynical thinking. People are always criticizing everything and everybody, and when they don't they're complaining)

It's just that sometimes it seems pointless for me to discuss things too early or without any evident piece of information.

I sometimes get annoyed by all those forums where people are over-fantasizing about things (or talking about "ifs" when the films are finished and released) and then ultimately get disappointed...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 08 Dec 2007, 05:18

We don't know what type of character the cop is but I'll speculate who I'd like to see just for fun.

If it's someone around Dolph's age then I'd go with Val Kilmer. He appears in a lot of big films but he has also been known to star in his fair share of lower tier films, HARD CASH for example.

If the cop is more of an aging burned-out type then I say Tom Benernger would match up well opposite Lundgren.

Ray Liotta would be a good choice no matter what the type.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 29 Dec 2007, 00:28

Dolph supposedly met up with Stallone recently, what if he asked Sly to be the cop?!

Or one was watching "Missionary Man" while the other was checking out "Rambo IV"...

More seriously, they were probably just catching up...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 29 Dec 2007, 02:12

Really? When was this do you know? You never know, he could have hinted to Stallone, plus with MM and Rambo out of the way, they both need new projects.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 29 Dec 2007, 12:02

In the Norwegian news article where he talks about his IQ, check in the news section...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 15 May 2008, 20:48

Dolph informs us about the ICARUS status:
"I'm also supervising a re-write of ICARUS, the assassin film that I plan to shoot in Vancouver later in the fall. The script is coming along very well, a sort of LEON meets A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE!"
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 15 May 2008, 20:51

Leon meets A History Of Violence? Hell, I love both movies. I hope he can pull it off with (like I suspect) another small budget.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 15 May 2008, 20:54

There's already been one great Assassin flick that filmed in Vancouver which I loved...Crying Freeman. Love that film! I want Dolph to get in a really decent actor to play alongside him. I hope maybe Max Von Sydow or F Murray Abraham again, or perhaps guys like Eric Roberts, or even Ray Liotta who's come into the DTV somewhat.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 15 May 2008, 21:12

Tom wrote:There's already been one great Assassin flick that filmed in Vancouver which I loved...Crying Freeman. Love that film!

hell yeah! actually I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot lately... I somewhat wish SILT was more than that vein... there should be a story meant to pair up Dolph and Mark Dacascos together, and since they're both real gentlemen they should get along very well.

Eric Roberts? I used to like him a lot, and he can be good when he's not over the top... but I heard bad things about him, confirmed by a steadycam operator friend who was on one of his films 2 years ago
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 15 May 2008, 21:16

I can't believe Dolph has done a re-write on this project - if there was any Dolph film I ever wanted to happen it was this - to see him play a bad guy again. I know its a long way from shooting but this is the news I've been hoping to hear - Dolph's projects just sound better and better and better. :D
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 15 May 2008, 21:42

Jox wrote:there should be a story meant to pair up Dolph and Mark Dacascos together, and since they're both real gentlemen they should get along very well.

Absolutely!
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby viendammage on 18 May 2008, 04:31

A protagonist cop to Dolph's cold assassin? Look no further than...MICHAEL BIEHN! As Jox said, we have no idea what the story is about, but Dolph has mentioned it's about a cop and an assassin. I think Michael Biehn would be great for any role, but in this case, he's roughly the same age as Dolph, has a following in similar circles/projects, could garner financing/interest, still in decent shape and can give a human intensity to a quiet/icy Dolph. And if he got killed it wouldn't be a big shock either, Biehn has like a 60% percent chance of dying in any given movie haha.
viendammage

Postby Jox on 18 May 2008, 15:26

Here's the other good stuff we know and that is cool:
Then there’s another younger guy and then there’s a girl. It’s a love triangle mixed with political intrigue and the United States in turmoil not far in the future
Jox
Site Admin

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies