UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: REGENERATION (John Hyams, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Geoff on 24 Sep 2008, 17:52

Van Damme fans I know are creating new unisol 3 posters already - seems to be moving along with a new signed director.
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Nathan on 24 Sep 2008, 17:53

Yeah I've created most of them probably :lol: I really want to see this movie happen, I think it's a little bit of a mistake, I know it will be a huge commercial success in the DTV world but I'm a bit concerned about the quality, still looking forward to it though!! Can't wait for Dolph and Van Damme to look each other in the eye for the first time on the same screen again!!
Nathan
Regular

Postby Geoff on 24 Sep 2008, 18:02

Not sure about it have you heard what the story line is!!
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Geoff on 24 Sep 2008, 18:06

Luc Deveraux joins a U.S. team of Uni-Soldiers secretly held in deep storage. Their mission: retake Chernobyl and disable explosives that will unleash radioactive clouds. Luc discovers that one of the reactivated UniSoldiers is a clone of his old Sergeant, Andrew Scott.

From IMDB - So who knows if its accurate.
Geoff
Regular

Postby Geoff on 24 Sep 2008, 18:32

Yeah I've created most of them probably
lets see em Nat!!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Jox on 24 Sep 2008, 22:29

As it was previously stated in the 'movies' thread, this seem to be officially the story they seem to go for (for now at least)

http://www.afmfilms.org/catalog/FilmDetail.php?id=6062
Synopsis
A crazed Chechen nationalist, BASAYEV, seizes control of Chernobyl, site of the infamous nuclear meltdown, and threatens to unleash a radioactive cloud unless his nationalist blackmail demands are met.

LUC DEVEREAUX (Jean-Claude Van Damme) joins a U.S. team of revived UniSoldiers secretly held in deep storage. Their mission: retake Chernobyl and disable explosives that will unleash the radioactive clouds. Luc is surprised when he finds one of the reactivated UniSoldiers is a clone of his old Sergeant, ANDREW SCOTT (Dolph Lundgren). But the cloned Andrew has no recollection of Luc.

As the team furiously battles its way into the Chernobyl plant, they are caught off guard. Using a mind-control chip, Baseyev turns Andrew against his own comrades. Now surrounded, wounded, and out-numbered, Luc must battle Andrew, and save the world...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 24 Sep 2008, 22:54

Nathan
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 25 Sep 2008, 01:35

Am I the only one excited about this movie? If Dolph DOES commit to this, it will surely be a hit purely from product recognition and raise his DTV profile even higher, therefore giving Dolph far more clout with his own subsequent projects.
leigh1975

Postby Geoff on 25 Sep 2008, 12:14

no I am quite looking forward to it - IF - it happens. Im now thinking though who should get top billing DL's films seem to be doing a lot better than JCVD's!!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Jox on 25 Sep 2008, 13:00

Geoff wrote:Im now thinking though who should get top billing DL's films seem to be doing a lot better than JCVD's!!
Let's not exaggerate, only MM did better than The Shepherd in US rentals but VD's still bigger than Dolph overall... even in terms of image VD has become such a public icon, everybody knows of him, that's not the case with Dolph in my experience, I doubt our man gets first billing...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 25 Sep 2008, 13:03

Yeah, your right I know.... but still!! :lol:
Geoff
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 25 Sep 2008, 17:59

Still double billing is just fine. Although JCVD remained in the mainstream much longer, Dolph is iconic as Ivan Drago.
leigh1975

Postby Nathan on 25 Sep 2008, 19:25

Guess all we're waiting for now is confirmation Dolph is aboard. Hopefully US-3 will come out before Icarus so it can help promote it, that would be wise.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 29 Sep 2008, 14:23

Dolph talks US3 in the FSM interview done in early August:
I think there may be another sequel to the Universal Soldier series - I don't know when they're going to do it, but they're talking to both myself and him, so we'll see [Whispers] Next year maybe...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 29 Sep 2008, 14:23

Dolph talks US3 in the FSM interview done in early August:
I think there may be another sequel to the Universal Soldier series - I don't know when they're going to do it, but they're talking to both myself and him, so we'll see [Whispers] Next year maybe...
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies